ClutterBGone

Organizing Products & Services
HomeStars  >  Organizing Products & Services in Toronto  >  ClutterBGone  >  ENTHUSIASTIC BUT ULTIMATELY DISAPPOINTED
J Freise from Toronto

ClutterBGone
905-642-5669
Whitchurch Stouffville
L4A 0H5

My wife found Clutterbegone to provide help in organizing our home. After talking with Linda, I was 100% supportive and enthusiastic to work with her.

Unfortunately, what promised to be a rewarding personalized service turned out to be a churning turnover of staff with distant supervision, becoming prohibitively expensive and corporate feeling.

Linda arrived at the house, contract in hand and thereafter, hardly saw her again. Instead of having Linda working hand in hand with us, she provided not one, but two staff at a combined rate of about $600 for four hours.

We committed to the project and it began with our full commitment.

Over time, the benefit of continuity was lost due to frequent turnover of staff. Their rule, of not moving to any other area of the house until it was finished, became restrictive and ultimately a very expensive proposition. They refused to move on until the smallest of details was addressed, including sorting out my wife's jewelry. My request to move on to areas more in need were refused. Common sense in priorities was lost.

Changes in staff resulted in changes in approach and, what started as a cooperative endeavor, turned, at times, to bullying.

At one point a leader told me that men don't usually take an interest in furniture, responding to my involvement and expressed concerns about the need for a dresser.

When Linda showed up, it was during working time, stopping work in progress as she spoke in platitudes, time we were paying for.

We started with high expectations and it all sounded good. We were willing to pay a high price for progress. I looked forward to working with Linda. unfortunately, I was left feeling disappointed with a sense that Clutterbegone is about squeezing the most fees out of the client and that the process is stretched out and dragged out, not for the benefit of the client.

Too bad, because we were 100% in at the start.

Job Price

Hi Jerry, thank you and I appreciate your comments. It has been over a year since your last session with us and when I last spoke with your wife in February, 2016 I received no feedback regarding disappointment with our service or our team so I am surprised by this. I do recognize that a change of lead organizer is never ideal and is extremely rare (in fact this has only occurred twice in 6 years), however as you may recall, in this situation a personal emergency necessitated a change to another lead on our team. This was in fact the only change of lead throughout your sessions and I do acknowledge this was disappointing but out of our control unfortunately. As we discussed at the onset, de-cluttering and ultimately creating an organized, healthy space that is easily maintained requires that a completed system of organization be implemented before moving to another space. An example would be that of a landscaper coming to design your backyard and then moving to your front yard before the back is completed. I welcome a chat with you directly about this Jerry and only wish that we had an opportunity to discuss this directly earlier on so we could have remedied the situation to your satisfaction at that time. You can reach me at 905-642-5669.