Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

120 Nebo Road, Unit 2 Hamilton ON L8W 2E4
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Burlington  >  Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Mandy in Burlington
Mandy in Burlington
0 reviews Burlington, ON

New furnace, a/c and hot water heater

The install team of Daniel and Brent were great. Hard workers, very respectful of the home, great cleanup and explanations once the job was complete. We have been with them for about 4 years.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, for acknowledge Daniel and Brent and for your loyal business.

Thatcher in Burlington
Thatcher in Burlington
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Worst service imaginable...nightmare summer

We had a brand new AC unit installed last August at a cost of around $15,000.

This April, it was not working. After 6 visits (each consisting of a 4 hour wait), they were still not able to figure out what was wrong.

Now, the last week of August and still no AC unit. My family has spend the summer sleeping in the basement, cancelled multiple events in our home and endured the hottest summer ever with no AC - and STILL no plan by them to have it fixed.

LItterally, the worst service experience I have had in my entire life. ...

Jay Wilgar

Sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was a negative one. We would like the opportunity to further discuss and see how we can regain your trust. Please feel free to contact me directly at 905-689-7951 or provide your contact information so we can reach out to you.Thank you, Lindsay Coston, Operations Manager.

Oakpark Guy in Oakville
Oakpark Guy in Oakville

Furnace Install Success

What a great team of young guys Boonstra sent for my furnace install. The guys just kept at it, working solo on different sections and pulling together for tougher tasks. Great attitude and trouble shooting - they had a few challenges to overcome and stuck with it. Kyle and Nolan would be welcome back to my home for any HVAC job. It was obvious to me that they not only take pride in their work but care about the customer experience.

This is the quality and service I have come to expect from a top notch company like Boonstra

So nice to read your review and the great experience you had with Nolan and Kyle. Thank you for the kind words and 10-star review.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Duct cleaning

We had the team of Chris and Connor come and clean our ducts. They did a fantastic job. Fast, efficient, and friendly! The results of the cleaning were very evident and are noticeable in the home already. Definitely would recommended Boonstra for these services.

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent duct cleaning service. Thrilled to hear you are already reaping the benefits of improved air quality in your home.

Keith in Brantford
Keith in Brantford
0 reviews Brantford, ON

Awesome Installation

The craftsmanship and pride the installers, Charlie Delio & Nolan Hardt brought to the installation of my new furnace can only be second to none. They saved what was almost a horror scenario from being a disaster by working with me to find a solution and then building what can only be compared to as a work of art. I love my new furnace!
But the job didn't almost happen. It was almost cancelled the morning of the install. Seems what was discussed with C.T., the salesperson, didn't actually make it down in ink on the contract. My bad for trusting him! He sold me on this job, took my deposit, then disappeared and was never reachable again. Leaving me to call and work with the switchboard who did there best. CT is the reason I didn't rate this experience a 5/5. So like they say be weary of salespersons!
Would I use Boonstra again ~ most definitely. Especially if I can get this crew of Installers again.

Thank you for the review Keith. Happy to hear you furnace install with Charlie and Nolan went great. Sorry to hear your experience with C.T. wasn't as pleasant. We look forward to improving and addressing your future heating and cooling needs.

Home heating andA/C in Hamilton
Home heating andA/C in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Replace furnace,a/c and HWH

We were very pleased with the sales person.He explained everything very well and answered all our questions.
Installation gentlemen were courteous ,did a great job and left the job site all cleaned up.Even our neighbour was impressed with the guys.
Sorry I forgot their names.
Equipment all working very well and we are happy.
Have been with Boonstra close to 50 yrs.

Thank you for the great review! We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service from start to finish.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

duct cleaning

Company installed heating/air units as well as duct cleaning. Will always use their services as needed. Michael and Brayden were: respectful, courteous, on time and very informative of the process.

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to addressing your future heating/cooling needs.

NGE in Hamilton
NGE in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Air Duct Cleaning

I had duct cleaning preformed this morning at my house. The two representatives were very professional, and treated the house with respect and care. The services were explained thoroughly and I felt very comfortable giving the two gentlemen the space to perform their work without supervision. When I had questions, they were met with attention and patience. True customer service. After the work was complete I had other optional services explained to me. Having experienced this before with other companies I was dreading the interaction, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. Options were explained for their usefulness and worth, and paired with experiences shared by all homeowners I suspect. The two technicians who came to my house displayed some of the best manners and respect I have witnessed, ever. I was not sure they would want their names written here, but if you have the chance to recognize them please do. They should be the example Boonstra uses for training. If you reply to this post with a number, I can discuss further.

What a great review to read, as a company and as employees we take pride in delivering exceptional customer service. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and for your trusted business. We look forward to servicing your heating and cooling needs in the future.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Never Again

On Sunday, July 1, 2018, we called Boonstra for service on our AC unit as it was not cooling. We were told that a service rep will be available on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 to perform a diagnostic evaluation. When the service rep arrived and after inspecting the unit outside, he indicated that refridg valves needed to replaced, as well as the refrigerant needed to be replaced. He could not do the fix as the valves needed to be ordered and a service appointment arranged. The appointment was set for Thursday, July 5, 2018. He also went through the different levels of service plans available depending on the repairs. He told us he could not indicate the level of cost, but what he saw was needed would indicate a level 2 or level 3. He went on to tell us that if we reached a level 4, then it would be advantageous to take our their Protection Plan. He circled this level on our receipt/service agreement to remind us that if we reached this level of service, we should consider their Protection Plan. He stated that he could not give us the actual cost, as his job was to do a visual inspection only, and depending on the actual work needed would depend on the next appointment when the AC tech completed his work/repair(s) as per original diagnosis. On Thursday, July 5, at 8:15 am we received a call from Boonstra stating their service rep was on his way. At 9:30 am, the service rep arrives. He had the new valves and commenced work. During his work, he made several phone calls, and later he indicated that he was going for lunch and we told him where the nearby Tim's was, This lunch break was for 55 minutes and on the invoice this time coincide with a charge of vaccuming the unit. The service time was exaggerated by what was billed and the work that was actually performed. We were charged for a level 4 service which indicates a severe repair and what was actually done was replacement of the valves and replenishing the refrigerant. We told the service rep that the work and actual repair did not warrant the cost, and therefore requested to speak to his manager. The manager stated that original service rep circled this level of repair and we explained why it was circled as stated above. She was not listening to our concerns or what happened. When we mentioned a lunch break, she stated that their service reps do not take lunch. She also stated that she was not going to lose money on this job. We argued and fought to have the cost reduced. The manager finally relented to reduce the cost to their "membership" level, which is still unacceptable due to actual work performed and actual repair. This was the best orchestrated sucker punch from start to finish. . There is no misunderstandings just dishonest business practice. We will never use them again. We hope this will help any potential customers considering using Boonsta's service to stay away unless they want a high bill for little service. As a side note, we know you will post this review indicating our concerns, and therefore we expect their standard template on how sorry they are about the poor performance and a contact number to call and discuss further. Booster has this same response on the your website as well as the Better Business Bureau website. It is further indication that they do not care about their customers as they do address individually the concerns about their service and business practices. VERY DISHONEST

cate in
cate in
0 reviews , ON

Jimmy

I have been a customer with Boonstra for over 20 years. I have always been pleased with their service staff, but I wanted to comment on Jimmy, who came yesterday to work on our A.C.. He was so friendly and professional and incredibly knowledgeable. He took the time to explain to me what the problem was and how he was able to repair it. He had a great sense of humour and I was so impressed by this young man.

Thank you for the great review and words regarding Jimmy's service.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and air conditioning contractors in southern Ontario.
To provide customers with efficient service, the name Boonstra’s Heating and Air Conditioning is represented by a whole fleet of certified & trained customer service representatives, service technicians and installation technicians. We have had the privilege of having many repeat customers over the years like Donald Wall – “This is the third new furnace we’ve had installed in each of our homes. You do very good work and service – all very nice people we’ve met. Thanks”
We dedicate ourselves to exceeding our customer’s expectations in providing the highest standard of satisfaction. We believe in partnership with customers and employees which are built on our values and beliefs. We enjoy stability and growth by achieving excellence through our skilled, professional people. We secure our reputation as the best in the industry through our commitment to the customer. We are the local company to serve you!