Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Rod Moore from Oakville
Rod Moore from Oakville
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace Maintanence

Louis has been taking care of our furnace & air conditioner for many years now. He knows our system inside out, and we find him to be very knowledgeable and trustworthy! He always presents the options when necessary, and explains what needs to be done and why. These are the reasons we always ask for Louis when we book an appointment.

Thank you Rod for the wonderful review for our technician Luis! It's great to hear that Luis has made each visit a positive one.

Private User reviews Brantford, ON

Yearly maint.

Yearly service . Tech arrived about 40 min after alert call from Boonstra. Found tech friendly and courteous, used boot slippers and completed service in about 40 minutes. Very happy with Boonstra and have been so for 6 years.

Thank you for taking time to give Boonstra Heating & Air Conditioning such a great review. We appreciate you putting your trust in Boonstra for over 6 years.

Brian in Burlington
Brian in Burlington

Hot Water Tank Replacement

My hot water tank recently ruptured and leaked all over my basement floor, on the coldest night of the winter. I called Boonstra and they sent a technician over almost immediately to tell me that the tank was cracked and needed replacement. They made special efforts to send over a sales person immediately the next morning to discuss my options. Following that, they went out of their way to make sure my tank was replaced that very day so that I was out of hot water for as little time as possible. All of the staff members (Jordan, Brent and Brock) were friendly and courteous, took the time to explain everything in detail and answered all my questions. The installers worked overtime into the evening to make sure I had hot water by that night.

I was very very pleased with the service I received and would highly recommend this company without hesitation.

Thank you Brian for the perfect review for Boonstra Heating & Air Conditioning as well as Jordan, Brent & Brock. We appreciate you recommending us 'without hesitation'.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Beware of the smooth-talking sales agent!

Last July our air-conditioning stopped working, so being new to the area, we took Boonstra at its word as being a reputable company and had someone come to examine our 15-year-old equipment (both a/c and furnace). The fellow who came for the preliminary meeting was altogether too smooth, but we accepted this as poor training and agreed to have new equipment installed for what we thought was a very high price of $11,000. After the work was done we discovered that several other unit owners in our condo building had had the same work done for a good $2,000-$2,500 less that we had! Encouraged by the responses to problematic reviews online, I contacted the general manager by phone to complain about the inflated price. He seemed not in the least surprised, and told me he'd attend to the matter. Eventually he called back to say that he could only manage a $500 rebate, but the equipment price had gone up because of Donald Trump's 25% hike on steel prices! This was of course total nonsense and simply an insult to our intelligence. Our next-door neighbours had the same installation as we did a month or two after us, but they paid $2,400 less than we did! They of course benefitted from our experience and haggled the salesman down to a base price of $7,500 + tax. We do not believe that haggling should be any part of dealing with an honest and professional company! Our advice therefore is this: AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU CARE ABOUT WASTING YOUR MONEY!!

I am sorry that you had a negative experience with us. I'd like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please contact me directly 905-689-7951 Lindsay Coston, Operations Manager.

Kathleen in Burlington
Kathleen in Burlington

Amazing experience!

My fireplace wasn't working. A friend recommended Boonstra and they did not disappoint. They came the next day, fixed my fireplace and got them to check my furnace as well for maintenance. Louise was great! fast, efficient and friendly. Would highly recommend this company :) I signed up with them for a year and couldn't be happier.
Thank you!

You are very welcome Kathleen....Thank you for the wonderful recommendation and for taking a chance with Boonstra Heating & Air Conditioning. I am happy we didn't disappoint. Great to hear you are on our Just Right plan....we'll be seeing you again soon!

helliott in Hamilton
helliott in Hamilton

furnace maintenance

very good experience, on time and very polite service person. We have a maintenance plan and it has always been very satisfactory. Appointment took approximately 45 minutes. Service person Luis Florez recommended we consider upgrading in future to the Gold Plan, which we will do within the next year or so

Thank you so much Helliot for the wonderful review for our technician Luis. I am happy to hear that you had a very good experience dealing with Boonstra!

C Smith in Hamilton
C Smith in Hamilton

Furnace Inspection

Jeff H arrived promptly to inspect our furnace. He was cheerful and polite. He welcomed me to watch while he inspected the furnace and explained the process, step by step. Jeff let me know that our furnace would work more efficiently if we used a different (less expensive) furnace filter and suggested settings for our humidifier that would save water.
Jeff checked our water heater for me to make sure that it wasn't leaking CO2.
We have been Boonstra customers for years and are have always been pleased with the promptness, cleanliness, cheerful manner and efficiency of anyone who has come to our house.

Thank you so much for taking time to give Boonstra and our technician Jeff a perfect review! We appreciate the years of loyalty and trust in our company!

David. P in Burlington
David. P in Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

New furnace Quote

If you feel like spending 2 hours listening to their song and dance, used car sales pitch then give them a call. Otherwise call anyone else. Spent 2 hours of my evening listening to sales pitch choreographed to numerous laminated sales sheets. Finally they give you their price for good, better and best (Lennox only) furnace options and the pices were crazy, crazier, and craziest ranging from $4,000 - $9,000 for one (that’s right just one) new furnace. I guess their goal is to get you to agree to the mid price option and pay $6000+. The price started at $6700 and by the time he left was down to $5000. Do yourself a favour and call around. I got a comparable 2 stage, variable speed furnace for $2000 less.

David, I am sorry to hear of your recent negative experience regarding our pricing. Should you want to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at 905-689-7951. Thank you, Lindsay Coston, Operations Manager.

Walt in Burlington
Walt in Burlington

Boiler maintenance

As in previous years, I am very satisfied with Boonstra. The technicians call ahead to let me know when they are on their way. Throughout the service Lewis was careful regarding the house - put booties on etc. The work was done very thoroughly. He answered all the questioned I had and explained all I needed to know. He was courteous and professional. Thank you and see you again next year. As for this review - I was happy to do it but signing up for google etc is too much trouble. Please do not share my phone number or email.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it and apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused. Your personal information is confidential and will not be shared. Thanks again Walt.

bunchofbears in Dundas, Ontario Canada L9H
bunchofbears in Dundas, Ontario Canada L9H

Furnace check

Technician was knowledgeable and polite. He did a thorough check of the furnace and ducts. He explained everything that he checked and what he had adjusted. This is an extremely professional company.

Thank you for the great review and kind words.

More about Boonstra's Heating & Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and air conditioning contractors in southern Ontario.
To provide customers with efficient service, the name Boonstra’s Heating and Air Conditioning is represented by a whole fleet of certified & trained customer service representatives, service technicians and installation technicians. We have had the privilege of having many repeat customers over the years like Donald Wall – “This is the third new furnace we’ve had installed in each of our homes. You do very good work and service – all very nice people we’ve met. Thanks”
We dedicate ourselves to exceeding our customer’s expectations in providing the highest standard of satisfaction. We believe in partnership with customers and employees which are built on our values and beliefs. We enjoy stability and growth by achieving excellence through our skilled, professional people. We secure our reputation as the best in the industry through our commitment to the customer. We are the local company to serve you!