Certa Pro Painters

Reviews for Certa Pro Painters

Lynda in Port Moody
Lynda in Port Moody
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Painted the trim on my home.

A team of 3 came to do the painting. They were terrific. The supervisor Thomas Maratka was especially good ....I had the most interaction with him. They aimed to please and consulted me frequently to make sure they were doing what I wanted. They were courteous, friendly and efficient . They were that good.

1 review Surrey, BC

Exterior painting

Reasonable price
Excellent front end: sales, colour match, scheduling
1 professional painter onsite
Sketchy helpers
MAKE SURE your down spouts are re-installed properly before paying! DISASTER!!!
Minimal prep/scraping included w/standard price, be VERY specific and agree all of your needs ahead of time.

Victim in Vancouver
Victim in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Painting a porch

Worst job ever. Sorry I didn't do it myself. They never swept or cleaned before painting. Took 2 hours and it is already peeling in less than 2 months. They showed up late by 6 hours. What a joke. Run as fast as you can.

John Poley from Surrey
John Poley from Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Exterior House Painting

I would not hesitate to hire CertaPro again, or to recommend them to any friend or relative. Having sought estimates from 3 companies, I found CertPro to be competitively priced, well-organized, timely, and attentive to details. All company reps, including the receptionist, estimator, power washers, and painters were personable and most accommodating. I was especially impressed with the effort made to match new paints with the existing quality and colours. The painters carefully covered our windows and shrubs before painting, and did a thorough after-job cleanup. We are most satisfied with the results!

Jade from Vancouver
Jade from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

CertaPro Painters

Worst company ever. They contract the job to another companies. They painters are not actually from CertaPro. The colour of the walls are different. Job was suppose to be done by the end of june, its almost july. Will never recommend to anyone.

Chris Hoag from Vancouver
Chris Hoag from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

House Painting (exterior)

We hired this company in June last year to paint our house. We got several quotes and they were the mid-range quote. Their salesman was a very affable and enthusiastic young man who seemed trusworthy. Although he was careful not to commit to a written timeline, he quite freely indicated that he thought the job would take 10 days maximum. We then waited 2 weeks longer than initially told for our scheduled start date for painting. The 10 day painting timeline was reaffirmed then with the lead painter, however, it quickly became apparent that there was no way they were going to be done anywhere remotely close to 10 working days from starting. They rarely showed up before 11am to start painting, usually with a partial crew. They didn't mask our windows (even after I asked them to), resulting in overspray onto the windows that was a big hassle to clean off. Initially I felt that the painters themselves were doing a good job (despite the windows), and therefore tried to remain patient. When the job had dragged through from mid July into September (after having sacrificed the use of my front and backyard to painting for the entire summer instead of the expected 10days), I began to lose patience. The weather last summer was incredible and that was definitely not the reason for their inexplicable delays. There were multiple sunny days when they either didn't show up at all or showed up for 1-2 'token' hours.
At this point I called the manager of CertaPro. Instead of being apologetic and conciliatory however, he was aggressive and accusatory. He essentially told me that I was wrong that we had been given a rough time estimate of 10days. I asked for a reduction in our job cost given the 2 months it had taken to complete the job and he steadfastly refused.

This is a bad company with the problems clearly starting at the top. Save yourself a significant headache...don't hire them.

Panorama Ridge
Panorama Ridge
4 reviews Surrey, BC

Interior of our home

We had Certa Pro come in to provide us with a quote for painting. The helpful knowledgeable staff helped us so much including color selection. They made choosing colors so easy with making lots of suggestions. They did a fantastic job and I would recommend them to family and friends.

o. k. in surrey
o. k. in surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

painted exterior house

certa pro came to do exterior painting and some interior touch up work. it took six weeks to paint exterior trim. the subcontractor, dalmation painting, would continuously cancel appointments, would show up at 5 pm work for one hour and leave. if you are a single female do not use this service. these guys will act inappropriately, constantly saying innappropriate and suggestive things. they made a terrible of the garden, breaking my plants. the interior work resulted in repainting entire walls because painter used excessively wet brushes. it was really dissapointing that certa pro, a member of the BBB, did nothing to resolve this situation. their garauntees are worthless.