Franmac Construction/Decks R Us

marcus_99
marcus_99
1 review Sunderland, ON

New kitchen and bath

Very satisfied with franmac construction on the job they did at my home. Project came in under budget on time and the end result was excellent.I would highly recommend this company to anybody looking to do home renovations or decks or fences

Thank you folks it was great working with you looking forward to the new bedroom remodel

Ownsie in Pickering
Ownsie in Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Awesome backyard transformation

We were in desperate need of a backyard makeover. We called multiple companies and had numerous quotes. Frank showed up at our door on time and with an amazing design. His team worked quickly and meticulously until the project was finished. Frank and his crew are by far the best contractors we have worked with. Excellent craftsmanship and customer service. I'd say best in the city for sure, in my opinion. I'd recommend Frank to anyone...simple.

Fence, Deck, Basement, Master Bathroom

This is way overdue.. I found Franmac/Decks r Us on Homestars. The reviews were so great and they were in our neighbourhood. Frank was immediately responsive and came to our home within 24 hrs. Very personable, knowledgeable, and PATIENT. We had an idea of what we wanted and Frank helped us to work through and made suggestions. We ended up doing 3 projects - one after the other. .By the time we were finished, Frank and his team felt like family. There was a 4th project (Kitchen) but I needed a break so that was postponed but will start again soon. (Frank, I'll be calling).
RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE- YES. You need not worry. Every morning at 6:30..team waiting patiently in the driveway for our lights to go on!
QUALITY of WORK: YES - Frank oversees his crew. He's very particular and is sure to brief his team every morning and then checks in throughout the day to ensure the work is progressing as planned.
We started with a new fence. Wow... a little creativity went a long way! Then the Deck: We had our first summer on our new deck....My FAVOURITE place!! It was exactly what we wanted..contemporary, visually impressive, inviting, lots of room for entertaining. Our home is somewhat high from the ground (but not a walk out). We wanted it to be flush walk out from the kitchen. DONE. Large storage area beneath. Only disappointment is that the rain/snow will go through the boards so everything underneath isn't protected. We should have laid a sheet or some kind of material before laying down the floor planks.
The Master Bathroom is a showpiece. Frank's idea to do a "feature wall" is the hand's down showstopper.
The basement was raw...now is lovely with a good size finished storage room, a bedroom, and full bathroom. Another "wow" factor was the creative use of the space under the stairs. Shelves..use for books or display. And BEHIND the book shelves (still under the stairs) there is a pull out wall for storage. Brilliant.
The team cleaned up after themselves daily. Frank took care of all trash removal AND even pick up of new bathroom toilet, bathtub.. Our hardest job was just figuring out and telling him what we wanted.
Frank took care of everything, plumber, electrician, permits with the City and arranged all electrical inspections after the work was done to ensure to code.

A sincere thank you for making this renovation as painless as possible.
Rudy and Donna Quinonez - PIckering

kerryray in Mississauga
kerryray in Mississauga
1 review Whitby, ON

Deck

I worked with Frank and his team on my deck and was very pleased with the end result. They really know their stuff, and I can count on the for a truly honest approach. Highly recommended!

cory_ A.
cory_ A.
1 review Pickering, ON

Basement renovation

WE contacted three different contractors frank knew much more then the other two his knowledge was impressive. the permit was ready in two weeks and the guys were here on time every day the job was amazing we now have nine hundred more sq ft to live in hats off to Frank and his guys. Cory A

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Exceptional deck

From the onset, the owner Frank was extremely professional, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I interviewed numerous contractors (at least 8) and Frank stood out to be the absolute best person for the job. He worked with me on the design from start to finish. Frank went above and beyond my expectations every step of the way. Frank designed a beautiful unique deck that surpassed my expectations. He built a very large deck (as requested) and made sure that it did not overwhelm my property by using an interesting design that truly enhanced my backyard.
As far as quality, it was top notch! The buildings inspector was very impressed with the quality and workmanship of Franmac Group. (And this inspector rarely gives out compliments, if at all)
Frank was on the job-site every single day while the work was being done and consulted with me if decisions needed to be made. He made some very artistic suggestions that most deck contractors do not get involved with. Needless to say I was very impressed and happy with the end result. I am so glad I chose Franmac Group to build my new deck. I highly recommend these guys!!!

Cassie from Toronto
Cassie from Toronto

Beam Instillation and joints sistered

We are undergoing a full home renovation and have dealt with many contractors. Frank and his team were exceptional, they went above and beyond to do a great job. In particular Frank really looked out for us with other work being done in the house which we are very grateful for. Frank and his team treated our house like it was their own, they did a better cleaning job than I could do. The quality of work was exceptional and they worked with the inspector to ensure he was happy. I could not recommend Frank and his team enough, they have been the best team we have worked with.

Jackie D from Toronto
Jackie D from Toronto

Replace and repair load- bearing beams

Frank and his crew repaired/ replaced two structural beams for us and did a great job at a very fair price. Frank is knowledgeable and very quick to answer texts and his crew is professional, punctual, and respectful of the work site. We had met with 4 or more firms previously, but Frank impressed us by listening and not trying to upsell us. We will definitely be calling him again. Thanks guys! Passed inspection today!

Thanks Jackie and Joe let me know if theres anything more i can do

joanna pachner from Toronto
joanna pachner from Toronto

deck, waterproofing

i had a water issue in my basement caused largely by a poorly built deck. I’ve found Frank and Mark to be excellent: professional, helpful, skilled and generous with advice. I trusted Frank's judgement from the moment i met him. he was a bit late sending me the promised quote but the execution has been superb. I loved that they'd arrive early (7 am) and work very efficiently — the job was done in less than 3 days. I asked for a small change/addition after the work was done and paid for, and Frank obliged. I’m now hoping to hire them to remove a chimney — no better way to demonstrate satisfaction than with repeat business!

Mark Evans from Whitby
Mark Evans from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Deck

Frank, Mark and all staff at FranMac were professional and very easy to deal with during the whole process of tear down and rebuilt/redesign of our deck. It turned out better than we could have imagined and are already glad we made the decision to have Frank, Mark and their team design and build our new deck. They actually worked a bit later one evening to have it completed 2 days earlier than expected. I would recommend FranMac to anyone who is looking for a contractor for any job they have big or small. Great work guys.

More about Franmac Construction/Decks R Us

No deposit required for projects big or small.

At Franmac, exceptional customer service is our objective. Our services include deck additions, as well as kitchen, bathroom and basement renovations. With over twenty years experience, we have a team of professionals who are courteous and knowledgeable, reliable and hard-working. Our goal's ensuring complete satisfaction with your home renovation project.

In addition, owner Frank McGillan has extensive commercial contracting experience, and was part of a team responsible for building Boston Pizza restaurants in Bowmanville, Bolton, Wasaga Beach and Bracebridge. As well, Frank McGillan has also been involved in building Montana's restaurants in London, as well as Kelsey's in Oakville and the Dollar It Store in Huntsville.