Wilkinson Construction & Management Service

Builders
37 Polson St. Toronto ON M5A 3L2
HomeStars  >  Builders in Don Mills  >  Wilkinson Construction & Management Service

Reviews for Wilkinson Construction & Management Service

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Integrity?

I purchased a freehold town home in Burlington, Ontario a little over two years ago - the home itself, is approximately 6 years old. Sixteen months ago the home started to show signs of water damage on the exterior of the home.

I did manage to get in touch with the customer care representative of Wilkinson Construction Services, who was excellent to deal with as she maintained regular email contact with me for months after my initial in-person contact in July 2015.

I've had approximately 20 contractors visit my home in the past 16 months including roofers, caulking professionals, eavestrough specialists, and stucco specialists; and every single one of them have said the quality of workmanship on my home is poor. I've come to learn that the eavestrough system was installed prior to the stucco facade work on the homes being completed. A building practice that is not sequentially sound and deplorable.

Approximately 66% of the homes on the street have/are experiencing some type of water damage.

Wilkinson Construction Services did offer to connect me with a few sub contractors that they do business with - each of the three suggested contractors flaked on me.

Jeff W., the Vice President of the company, needed six weeks to respond to my numerous voicemails left on his cellphone. He chose to respond to me via email instead of engage with me over the phone.
Jeff and his company are hiding behind Tarion’s 2-year water damage warranty. My clear suggestion that 66% of the homes on the street are experiencing/have experienced water damage doesn’t constitute a problem with the original build of any homes on the street - in his warped opinion.

Thus far integrity and accountability are not traits demonstrated by Wilkinson Construction Services Vice President, Jeff W., and his company.
Jeff's email sign off to me: "I will not be engaging in further dialogue”.

Wiser... from Toronto
Wiser... from Toronto

New Condo

2 recommendations:

1) TALK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS PURCHASED FROM THIS BUILDER BEFORE YOU BUY. My guess if you show up at a prior project and ask, you will get a lot of information that you want to factor in any decision to buy; and

2) if for some reason you decide to go ahead with your purchase, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING, DOCUMENT EVERY CALL, PROMISE AND UNDERTAKING. Under no circumstances think the charming and disarming avuncular demeanor that greets you initially is indicative of the service or end product you will get after the cheques are cashed.

The designer, Elayne, fabulous - hence the 2 stars for overall satisfaction (Note: she may have moved on to another company by now).

New Condo Owner
New Condo Owner

Condominium Construction

I recently purchased a condominium from Wilkinson Construction Services. I took occupancy in May 2013. At the time of occupancy there were several deficiencies (to be expected) in most new construction. Almost one year later the builder has not rectified the majority of outstanding items.

On the scheduled occupancy date the unit was not ready for occupancy and had to be delayed by several days. In addition the building's storage units were not completed for over 6 months after occupancy. This was a surprise at move-in and was not communicated in advance meaning I was required to find additional storage elsewhere.

Communication from the builder is extremely poor. The occupant is always responsible for following up on items.

The builder was very attentive prior to purchase. Once the unit was purchased the builder has not been responsive.

I would advise any future purchasers to do their research before buying a unit from Wilkinson Construction.