Builders
37 Polson St. Toronto ON M5A 1A4
Builders
Wilkinson Construction Services Inc.

Reviews for Wilkinson Construction Services Inc.

Northlites in Whitby
Northlites in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Finish Nothing

Kantium Way here comes winter and still not done moved in Sept 17 site still a mess. Looks like builder has run out of money to complete have not finished anything to 100%. Roads should be a gem to plow this winter.
Site managment might as well not be here so many items have had to be redone as they where done incorrectly simple thing like elevations before pouring garage entrances wrong breakout and redo. As a whole this development is a joke. The other one is they never showed the driveway from the new condo construction by others as emtpying into subdivision.

Dear homeowner,

A notification was sent to all homeowners regarding the events that occurred which is preventing us from completing the project. Because of ongoing non-payment by the Developer we are no longer able to manage the project work. These ongoing issues have, and continue to hinder our ability to deliver the service and quality standards that we expect to provide to homeowners. Regrettably we had to voluntarily remove ourselves from the Project. If we are able to resolve these issues with the developer, we will return to the site and continue to complete all outstanding items.

Wilkinson Construction has been a trusted construction manager of residential projects for over 40 years and continue to be in good standing with Tarion Corporation.

Please contact Riddhi Buch at the Kantium Developments office directly for future inquiries about your home – riddhi@kantium.ca or 416-915-0592.
We regret you had a negative experience and are currently working to resolve these issues to better serve you. Feel free to contact us also at our head office at 416-449-4441.

Thank you.

Satisfied customer in Scarborough
Satisfied customer in Scarborough

Bathroom renovation

I bought my condo from Wilkinson Construction, closing March 29th, 2018. They agreed to remove bathtub and install walk-in shower stall. I really like the workmanship- it is exactly what they promised, and even better. It was a bit slow from beginning to end but everything was left clean and ready-to-go. I am very satisfied with final phroduct.

Thank you for your comments and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the final product!

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

Great Customer Service

I found Wilkinson Construction a great company to deal with. Great looking buildings, nice design, well thought out layouts, and quality construction.
Well organized and good customer service experience too. I had to pickup something from their offices, but arrived late and the customer service rep had already gone home. Their VP was the only one left, but he stopped what he was doing to get me sorted out.
I have no hesitation in recommending them and have suggested one of their future projects to others in my family.

Thank you Jason!

David
David

Hunt Club

We bought a pre-construction unit in Hunt Club 3 years ago and moved in last year and we love it. We found Wilkinson Construction easy to deal with. When there delays in construction, (to be expected) they were very upfront and took the time to explain everything to us. And the wait was worth it- their attention to detail is by far the best (this is my 3rd pre-construction purchase). So far there have been only very minor issues (cracks in the drywall) and Wilkinson Construction was quick to have them taken care of. I have no issues recommending a condo build by Wilkinson Construction!

Thank you David for your review, we greatly appreciate it!

S. G.
S. G.

Mid-rise Condo construction.

We are extremly happy with the quality of work executed by the team at Wilkinson Consteuction. Jeff’s attention to every detail balanced by Jon’s detailed focus on the budget is the perfect combination for success. We will definitely recommend them for future projects.

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that your experience with Wilkinson Construction was a positive one!

vroom.jonathan
vroom.jonathan

Condo

Wilkinson Construction is a breath of fresh air in the world of construction in the GTA. In a city where builders are in such high demand that they can get away with terrible service, Wilkinson actually takes pride in their work and takes the time to do the job right, and ensures the buyers are happy. I would recommend their services to anyone without hesitation!

Thank you for the review! Your comments are extremely valuable!

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Integrity?

37 Polson St.
Toronto
M5A 1A4

I purchased a freehold town home in Burlington, Ontario a little over two years ago - the home itself, is approximately 6 years old. Sixteen months ago the home started to show signs of water damage on the exterior of the home.

I did manage to get in touch with the customer care representative of Wilkinson Construction Services, who was excellent to deal with as she maintained regular email contact with me for months after my initial in-person contact in July 2015.

I've had approximately 20 contractors visit my home in the past 16 months including roofers, caulking professionals, eavestrough specialists, and stucco specialists; and every single one of them have said the quality of workmanship on my home is poor. I've come to learn that the eavestrough system was installed prior to the stucco facade work on the homes being completed. A building practice that is not sequentially sound and deplorable.

Approximately 66% of the homes on the street have/are experiencing some type of water damage.

Wilkinson Construction Services did offer to connect me with a few sub contractors that they do business with - each of the three suggested contractors flaked on me.

Jeff W., the Vice President of the company, needed six weeks to respond to my numerous voicemails left on his cellphone. He chose to respond to me via email instead of engage with me over the phone.
Jeff and his company are hiding behind Tarion’s 2-year water damage warranty. My clear suggestion that 66% of the homes on the street are experiencing/have experienced water damage doesn’t constitute a problem with the original build of any homes on the street - in his warped opinion.

Thus far integrity and accountability are not traits demonstrated by Wilkinson Construction Services Vice President, Jeff W., and his company.
Jeff's email sign off to me: "I will not be engaging in further dialogue”.

We value your comments and concerns. Although these town homes were not actually our development, Wilkinson Construction Services took over this project and completed said exterior repairs. Our customer service team worked hard to resolve any damages and repairs through the sub-trades and provided assistance up to the warranty period as stated. We apologize you encountered these problems.

Wiser... from Toronto
Wiser... from Toronto

New Condo

2 recommendations:

1) TALK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS PURCHASED FROM THIS BUILDER BEFORE YOU BUY. My guess if you show up at a prior project and ask, you will get a lot of information that you want to factor in any decision to buy; and

2) if for some reason you decide to go ahead with your purchase, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING, DOCUMENT EVERY CALL, PROMISE AND UNDERTAKING. Under no circumstances think the charming and disarming avuncular demeanor that greets you initially is indicative of the service or end product you will get after the cheques are cashed.

The designer, Elayne, fabulous - hence the 2 stars for overall satisfaction (Note: she may have moved on to another company by now).

Thank you for your comments, we really value your opinion. We are sorry you felt your experience with us was not completely positive. Unfortunately we were met with some challenges during the occupancy phase of the project which in turn affected our homeowners. However, we greatly appreciate the compliments said of our designer, who is still working with us today!

New Condo Owner
New Condo Owner

Condominium Construction

37 Polson St.
Toronto
M5A 1A4

I recently purchased a condominium from Wilkinson Construction Services. I took occupancy in May 2013. At the time of occupancy there were several deficiencies (to be expected) in most new construction. Almost one year later the builder has not rectified the majority of outstanding items.

On the scheduled occupancy date the unit was not ready for occupancy and had to be delayed by several days. In addition the building's storage units were not completed for over 6 months after occupancy. This was a surprise at move-in and was not communicated in advance meaning I was required to find additional storage elsewhere.

Communication from the builder is extremely poor. The occupant is always responsible for following up on items.

The builder was very attentive prior to purchase. Once the unit was purchased the builder has not been responsive.

I would advise any future purchasers to do their research before buying a unit from Wilkinson Construction.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during the occupancy phase of your suite. At the time, we were unfortunately presented with challenges beyond our control which in turn affected some of the homeowners during occupancy and the first year. We have been working very hard since to improve and hope that in the end you were ultimately happy with your condominium. Thank you.

Looking for Builders pros in Don Mills?