J&S Plumbing Service Inc

1111 Davis Drive, Unit #1, Suite #450 Newmarket ON L3Y 9E5
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in North York  >  J&S Plumbing Service Inc

Reviews for J&S Plumbing Service Inc

spopov in Newmarket
spopov in Newmarket
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Caused a flood. Aggressive Up Selling. Poor Workmanship. False Advertising. Do Not Use.

I have used this service for a few years. I liked the 7x24 option in case of emergency. I finally had to use it. Because they (yes the plumbers) caused a flood in my basement. Turns out, they have no one available - their ONE on-call guy is sick. Sorry, this level of support does not qualify as 7x24 hr service. And....THEY CAUSED THE FLOOD

How did they cause a flood. Well yesterday they did $1600 of work to address a few "not to code" issues.

How did they identify the code issues? Well they called me up and told me that as a member I was entitled to a free plumbing inspection. I accepted and they inspected. And they found 2 issues of "not to code". I accepted the work. They came back a few days later and did the work.

That was yesterday morning. This evening I went down to the basement and the pipes which they had worked on (which had previously had no issues with function, just the "ok if you say so" code issues) are leaking all over the basement.

So I called for emergency service. And...go back to the top of my review. Nope. There is no 7x24 emergency service unless you count answering service. They will be here tomorrow morning, and until then I can just turn my water off to prevent further issues. And have a nice water free night. They have no one available as their plumber "called in sick"
Great.

The next day the plumber came "fixed" the problem

A month or so later, I returned home to ANOTHER flood originating from this work. Called for 7x24 assistance. Again, no-one available to come and deal with the problem. This time their plumber "had a family emergency"

Never. Ever. Ever. use this service unless you enjoy being screaming mad.

I will be following this up with a complaint about false advertising.

Tripping faucet in Newmarket
Tripping faucet in Newmarket

Tripping faucet

Laundry faucet was tripping. TWO guys came to fix it. Installed cheap new
faucet. One guy was working, the other one telling him what to do. Why they needed 2 guys for fixing a tripping faucet - I don't know. 1 hr. 2 guys $600.00 + tax. WOW!!!
I will never call them again.

Shutoff Valves

J&S did a plumbing inspection and informed me that all 3 bathroom sinks, and the laundry tub in the basement, didn't have shutoff valves. An appointment was made, and James was to arrive between 11 & 1. He arrived at 11:01 and turned off the water to the house, drained the system, installed 8 shutoff valves, tested everything for leaks and was finished by 1:30. Can't get any more efficient than that.

Pedro in Vaughan
Pedro in Vaughan

Washroom Toilet Leaking 5 months after Install

I had them install a brand new toilet for just over 1K in March, the toilet started to leak around the base a couple of days ago. It is under warranty so I called for service. Was told someone would be at my house the following day between 3-5pm nobody showed up or called. I called them and was told that they were running behind but someone was coming. Nobody showed up. Now they tell me someone will call me tomorrow. I am not holding my breath on this. Horrible customer service and talk about not honoring the warranty. DONT USE THEM!!!!

Slow draining kitchen sink repaired

Our kitchen sink was almost completely plugged, draining very slowly. We called J&P Services and James came the same day to give us a quote and listed a few options. He came back the next day to clear the drain and build a new drain under the sink. He explained the process step-by-step, answered our questions, and showed us the blockage. He was very professional and respectful to us and our home. The sink drains perfectly now. Thanks James for a job very well done. Karen in Thornhill.

Scott McCabe from Aurora
Scott McCabe from Aurora
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Purchanse and installation of Kinetico Drinking water system

We were looking to replace our existing Kinetico RO system and was recommended by Kinetico to use J&S Plumbing. Ron came to the house and explained everything and arranged for the order and install. David showed up a few days later on time as expected and installed the system. David did a great job of installing the unit under our kitchen sink. He ran all of the water lines so they were not in the way and did everything professionally. He also hooked up the RO system to our refrigerator so we have very clean ice cubes and water from the fridge. David had a great attitude and was very friendly and explained everything to us. I would definitely use J&S Plumbing for any future plumbing requirements.

Pam and Scott McCabe - Aurora.

Al in Woodbridge
Al in Woodbridge

Refrigerator ice maker connection & replacement of garden hose shut off valve

David and Ryan were great! They showed up right on time and did an excellent job of installing a ball valve connection for my refrigerator ice maker (I learned from them that the typically used saddle valves for this application are to be avoided)...also, while they were on site, I showed them a concern I had with the shut off valve in my basement leading to my garden hose connection outside-they confirmed for me that the pipe was expanded due to ice build up and would have been a flood waiting to happen. I asked them to repair and replace the pipe and shut off valve and they did so on the spot! I did pay quite a bit of money for these 2 jobs but I am very satisfied with the quality of their work and it comes with a 1 year guarantee.

Barry in New York
Barry in New York

home renovation

I called J&S when my basement drain started to backup. They showed up within an hour. Snaked the lines and cleared the backup. They put a camera down and found roots inside the drain pipes leaving my house. It was the most stressful situation for me and it got worse when they showed me all the roots penetrating the pipes on the camera. David explained all my options to me and definitely deflated my anxiety. I'm confident I brought in the right company for the job. They took care of the problem based on my budget and provided provided a complete whole home plumbing inspection to put my mind at ease. Great work David. We are sincerely grateful

Ivan in Concord
Ivan in Concord
1 review Newmarket, ON

Gas piping and gas stove installation

We are very happy with the service it was fast, clean and perfect. The technician - Josh - was very nice! Important thing that I received my new stove on early morning one day and but the appointment was for the next day only, Though when I called J&S they agree to come one day earlier and it save me my time and I didn't take another day off.
I recommend the company to every one!

Lyle in Hamilton
Lyle in Hamilton
1 review Newmarket, ON

Cap two copper pipes in kitchen

Awful. -1 stars. Three hundred bucks to cap two copper pipes in the kitchen. Total time at the house: 30mins. Works out to a rate of $600/hr. Took my two SS braided hoses on top of that. Called several times to ask for them back, but they stalled and stalled until I gave up. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

More about J&S Plumbing Service Inc

A family owned and operated company serving all of York Region and the Greater Toronto area. J&S Plumbing Service Inc offers experts in Plumbing Service, Drainage Service, Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Filtration and Purification; 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week emergency service. Our mission is to be recognized as the ...