HotWire Electric

Basement Renovation
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Toronto  >  HotWire Electric
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for HotWire Electric

Elwin Leung from Vaughan

Back in April 2013, I used Hotwire for multiple items (main floor pot lights, timers on exhaust bathroom vents, external light fixture installation and kitchen pendant light installation) including adding a whole home surge protection on a 200 amp electrical box.

The surge protection service was about $715 before HST. Everything was done well.

In Summer 2017, there were some concerns that another licensed electrician had with the Surge Protector (while we are finishing our basement) and Hotwire was quick to help after I contacted them by sending a photo with the instructions highlighted from the surge protector's manufacturer [see picture]. As well as having Oris (Hotwire's Master Electrician) being available for a conference call with me, my basement general contractor and the licensed electrician that my GC was using that had the concerns.

I appreciated how even after 4 years, Hotwire was willing to stand by their work and support their customer.

I have previous reviews of Hotwire on Homestars for you to read as well.

Job Price

Elwin we truly want to say thank you. This is What makes Hotwire an award winning electrician in Toronto and Gta. we arent perfect but we try our best to take care of our clients even long after the project is Over

Michelle from Toronto

Fantastic work! I could not be more happy with my new electrical panel and the piece of mind of having my panel installed properly. I had moved into this house 9 years ago and was told that the electrical panel was updated - it looked new to me so I assumed it was done right. I never touched the electrical work, but sure enough we found out recently that the wiring to the panel was not done properly and was deemed unsafe.

I contacted Hotwire and was really impressed by the great reviews. The process was seemless - Anna walked me through the process, and made all the arrangements necessary with Toronto Hydro to book the service.

Tyler, the electrician, was very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions. I really appreciated that he was careful and thorough in doing a proper assessment. We discussed my options and he also recommended installing a power surge for further protection. The day of the install, Tyler arrived with his team and they were quick to get started. Once all completed, he reviewed what was done, how things work in case of any issues, and he also provided me with some helpful tips.

I should also mention that they arranged for an Inspector with the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) to certify the electrical work done, and was provided with an official certificate.

I would definitely recommend this company. They're on my contact list for any future electrical needs.

dearest Michelle
thank you for allowing us into your home entrusting us with your electrical needs. we really do appreciate each and every client of Hotwire

KBTaylor in Toronto

I found Hotwire Electric online at Homestars after searching for professionals to come in and fix some bad electrical that the previous owners of our condo had installed. The foreman who came in to review the job was very informative and professional.

The team who came out to actually adjust all of our switches was great. They were efficient and polite, and also just nice guys.

I'm very happy with the quality of the work performed, and feel like I was charged a fair price. All of the flickering we were experiencing is gone, and we can finally enjoy all of the lighting in our home while feeling safe. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get the work done.

Job Price

Thank you Katelyn for the wonderful words.
my crews will appreciate reading this.
have a wonderful day

Janice Leone in Markham

I contacted Hotwire to install a very delicate chandelier with lots of glass pieces. I wanted to ensure that I hired a company who would be able to do install this without damaging the piece.

The electrician was great and he communicated with me every step of the way. The office staff is very friendly and even gave me a call to let me know that the electrician would arrive within 30 minutes.

I will use hotwire again!

Job Price

wonderful to hear back from you and we truly appreciate the review.
Hanna

adizur
2 reviews , ON

The team is so professional and pleasant, come on time and so trusted, polite and hard working

Job Price

We hope you love your new home and lighting because it's fabulous just like it's owners!

Mark in Toronto

We used Hotwire for a large commercial job. They delivered an amazing product and brought creative ideas to the table. Couldn't be happier using this company for all of our commercial and residential jobs. Love these guys.

Job Price

Thanks Mark and team for the review but most importantly having us part of your team.
See you next month at Cambridge site

dspinelli
1 review Burlington, ON

From the estimate to completion of our project. The Hotwire team was professional, timely and cost effective. They have great support staff and respond promptly to all concerns. I would definitely refer them to all my friends and family.

Job Price

Thank you Dave for taking the time to leave our team a review. We are very glad to be part of your Electrical team from Trump tower to new custom homes it's a privilege to be chosen to work with your expert team.
Hanna

Ben in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Most professional and knowledgeable staff out there.
After a lot of research, HW helped me decide on an external generator.
Strongly recommend working with these guys. Will use them again when electrician work is needed.