Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
1750 steeles ave w concord ON l4k2l7
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Concord  >  Canadian Choice Windows & Doors
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

Alex
7 reviews Kitchener, ON

We ordered 2 huge (floor to ceiling) insulated 3-pane windows. They were delivered and installed as promised.

Good prices, a little higher than some of the competition, but negotiable. High quality materials.

I had the impression that the installation team "cut some corners", but the performance over the winter season has been exceptional, so I'm satisfied.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Windows Alex. We appreciate your review. We are glad to hear that the project completed was to your satisfaction. Our best regards

Mani and Lily in Oshawa
11 reviews Oshawa, ON

Update 17/07/2017 : Vendor sent someone over to repair and correct the issues with the bathroom window. Everything looks fine now. Thank you for taking the time to resolve client concerns.

overall the experience was very rushed and not the best standard. The windows were not what we discussed, the written part of contract paper was mostly illegible except for the printed clauses and conditions. There was no way of understanding the spec of the window discussed vs what was written.

When installing, it was a total rush job. The exterior insulation is sticking out of the frame, frame has some gaps and is not exactly straight. It looks like a very poorly done DIY job. We had called the company to come fix it and no one ever came.

Take a look at the first picture - this is of the ground floor bathroom window. Seems to have come out ok. The next three pictures are of the upstairs bathroom window. There is foam sticking out in multiple spots; the framing has a gap at the bottom left.

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

***UPDATE

The customer had not reached out to us via telephone providing necessary information for us to investigate the problem at hand. We are willing and eager to assist our customers, provided they make the initial contact. We follow proper procedures in regards to dissatisfied customers. Best regards, Canadian Choice Team.

***UPDATE: The customers have contacted our office and the service issue at hand has been resolved. Thank you Mani & Lilly in Oshawa

Terry in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Tony Dicesare came and quoted me windows, was impressed with his professionalism, he gave me a quote before he left, I had one company that came and measure then left and never did give me a quote.
The installers were great, I even left for several hours and was not concerned.
We had one glitch, but Tony called me within minutes of a call to there office and everything was sorted out, the window trim is really nice(vinyl) and the outside caulking is done really well, highly recommend this company

clearview in Calgary

Cindy Z, their representative, was very professional and patient. She kept us informed of the progress and followed up on enquiries. Cindy worked very hard and was very pleasant. We would definitely recommend her. Sergey V, the installer, worked steadily and carefully and was proud of his workmanship and the company. Sergey and his helper, Alex, cleaned up after completion. I would recommend them and Canadian Choice Windows to others.

Trucktech in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Very professional and friendly people. From the salesman to the installers. Both the salesman and the installers showed up on time. The installers were very fast and good. All windows fit perfectly. They cleaned up completely. I'm very happy with the quality of the windows and the work. I would definitely recommend Canadian Choice to my friends.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Windows. We appreciate your wonderful compliments towards our team. Our goal is to deliver a quality installation, as well as consultation. We are very glad to have completed your project well, and we thank you in advance for your future recommendations. Best regards

Cathy B in Niagara Regional Municipality
1 review Niagara Regional Municipality, ON

Based on an ad I received, I called this company and had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Igor. He proved to be polite, courteous, professional and honest. Igor was patient and took the time to answer any & all questions we had at any step in the process. He willingly met with & co-ordinated with other workers we had at the house doing siding. Igor's work team, Antin & Val, were amazing also. They were extremely professional, polite, courteous and efficient. All work was amazingly completed in one day, including building a new bay window in our driveway and installing it in the front room! At the end of the day, they made sure everything was cleaned up spotlessly. I would never hesitate to have any of these gentlemen do work for me again, and would certainly very highly recommend them to anyone looking to have their windows done. Canadian Choice Windows has been an awesome company to deal with in every way, from start to finish!

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Windows. Igor is one of our most popular sales-men and we are happy to have him on our team. We are so glad he took such great care of your project, as well as Anton and Val in the installation department. Thank you for your future recommendations, we appreciate your kindness very much. Best reagrds from our family to yours :)

Vlad in Toronto

We selected Canadian Choice Windows to change all 18 windows at our house. We got several quotes before making our final choice and were happy with the price we paid for the quality of windows. There was a small issue with the bathroom windows not being frosted as discussed but the company kindly agreed to change those windows out. The crew that installed the windows in one day. The windows are all level and they did a good job of cleaning everything up when they were done. Overall we are very happy with our new windows and are waiting to see how they perform in the winter.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Window Vlad. We appreciate your review. We are glad to hear your project went as planned, and the hiccups were resolved promptly.

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. best regards from all of us at Canadian Choice

1 review Niagara Regional Municipality, ON

Serge, our representative, was very knowledgeable of the products and gave us some great suggestions. The windows were ordered as per specifications and were installed in 2 days by a great team. We are satisfied with the overall experience with CCW.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Windows. We appreciate your fantastic review. We will let Serge know what a great job he did on your project. best regards, Canadian Choice

1 review Oshawa, ON

The worst experience I have ever had with any company. As we have a baby we received a commitment that the job will be done in one day. We also needed to raise some windows and had a brick guy scheduled to come same day. My wife Took a baby out that day, brick guy came and the installation team... did not show up that day!!!! I had to Take few windows out myself so that he can do his work and slept with the windows window cover in plastic. The office also could not tell when they will show up! After heated conversation they finally found the crew to do it next day. As per job being done in one day ... they showed up without front door and trims!!! Had to come back again and then again to fully finish the job. We received a ridicioulus discount for it which was a joke. The quality of installation was horrible... there was not enough spray foam in the windows and there were holes which I asked them to fill. They said they will. I did not trust it and took the trimes out to check it and what it I find? Holes! Had to buy foam myself as well as silicone which was poorly done too and fix it myself as I no longer wanted the installers to touch anything. They used 8 inches level to install a 9 feet window or front door, both installed crooked!

Job Price

Dear costumer. We apologise for your experience so far. It was not our intention to cause any discomfort for you or your family. We understand the difficulties of caring for a small baby. Unfortunately the situation like the one you had happen was out of our control. Even though we did the best we could to resolve this situation, we understand it was still not the most pleasant experience. We always work on improving our service, and we really feel awful when something like your situation occurs. We are willing to do everything in our hands to correct this wrong and leave on a good note.

We hope you find this message well. Our kindest regards to your family.

I'm writing this review about 2 months after installation;

-Detached home, about 7 windows, 1 patio door replaced
-Work was done fast, in one day, about 6hrs, by 2 workers
-They arrived on time as scheduled
-Quality of products seem good so far
-Install quality is OK.
-Price OK
-They kept their promises on the discounts and details of the windows on the contract
-They used drop cloths and cardboard to walk on, to help protect floors.

Cons:

-Install date was about 1.5 months out, after initial estimate. They gave a few days notice, prior to install day, to push the install date one day forward, apparently because their "truck broke down" - a national company doesn't have a back up or is not willing to rent one for the day and told their employees to take the day off, and also miss out on profits? You can just tell me something came up with another job or you got a bigger contract for another place, no need to give excuses or fibs...I was not born yesterday.

-Process is extremely messy, even more than expected. I am so glad I taped off my electronics, bed and vents the night before - drywall dust goes EVERYWHERE. Took a few days to clean up. Also considerable noise during install as expected.

-Half of the number of windows replaced have a few black scuff marks on the paint of the walls, near the new frames, from their tools/gear or something

-Installers left 4 gaps open, interior, between drywall & new window frame - although reasonable due to the shape of the faux Bay window wall (where the frame of new window meets the 30degree round "corner" of the bay wall, they could've easily filled these gaps with expanding foam or silicone) - I had to fill these 4 gaps myself with 2 tubes of silicone. Not a huge deal but was a PITA that I once again had to finish a contractor's job. Although I don't blame them completely, they are working with other manufacturer's products and homes of all different sizes/shapes/measurements, this faux bay wall/window was probably a big PITA for them to install - I can tell because this particular window had it's vinyl frame scuffed all over (pic attached) as it looks like this window frame thickness had to be custom cut at an angle to fit as well as possible...and so in that case it seems like it's probably actually a decent job of fitting it to this wall.

-The workers left the old top & bottom aluminum tracks/rails (7ft long, 40lbs total) of the patio door in my backyard for me to dispose; not sure if that's why they were in such a rush to leave or because it was a Saturday. Not a big deal, I just had to dispose of them myself but you can't tell me any prudent person would've forgot, missed or overlooked them, they were large and put perfectly out of view of the patio door. An elderly or handicapped person would've had a problem with this.

-They left hand prints on the new window glass of our 2storey staircase window, that I can't reach, which I will unlikely ever be able to or bother to wipe off, as it's not worth the risk of climbing up there myself. Not sure if it's on the inside or outside.

Good company, good workers, but attention to detail could use a boost. No "half stars" available on this site, but my true rating is somewhere in between 9-9.5 as most of the cons are understandable/reasonable.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing Canadian Choice Windows. We appreciate your detailed review, and will work hard to pay more attention to detail ourselves.

Thank you for your constructive criticism and your great rating. All the best from Canadian Choice family

More about Canadian Choice Windows & Doors

Save thousands by dealing directly with a manufacturer! Canadian Choice Windows and Doors Inc. is a leading manufacturer of windows in Canada, serving Ontario. Canadian Choice Windows and Doors offers a huge selection of replacement windows including energy efficient windows, vinyl windows, casement windows, awning windows and bow and bay windows.

Canadian Choice Windows and Doors has been serving Toronto, Richmond Hill, North York, Markham, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Kitchener, Cambridge, Niagra Falls and the surrounding areas as well as in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Northern Ontario.

Why is Canadian Choice Windows and Doors your best solution for window replacement?

1. No Pressure Estimate: take your time & make informed decision

2. Save Money: Energy Star windows will reduce your energy bill by 30 %

3. Professional Installation: flawless installation and thorough clean up by courteous installers

4. High Quality: The highest quality windows in the industry, featuring foam injected honey comb structure.

5. Easy Financing: Financing solutions to fit anyone’s lifestyle

6. Maximum Comfort: low-E coating to reflect summer sun and retain winter heat with our Cardinal Smart Glass system.

7. Zero Maintenance: our windows are easy to clean from within the home and will never fade or discolor

Canadian Choice Windows and Doors is your smartest solution for window and door replacement.