Category :
Northview Windows & Doors
Hours:
9am-5pm

Northview Windows & Doors

Company Profile Northview Windows & Doors is a manufacturing and installation company of wide assortment of high quality custom products like vinyl windows, entry door systems (steel, fiberglass, hybrid), patio sliding doors as well as aluminum porch enclosures and vinyl solarium.

You Might Also Consider

Weather Pro Windows and Doors inc

Weather Pro Logo.JPG

WEATHER PRO Windows & Doors replaced 8 windows in our home. After 5 quotes we chose the one given by Andrew. Robert came...

Ken Stevens from Calgary 1 Feb 17, 2014

Reviews for Northview Windows & Doors

Show:

Jan 27, 2014, Calgary

I don't even know where to begin. We've received nothing but unsatisfactory service from this company. We initially went with them because the reviews were great when I was looking for a company to replace our back sliding door and install a storm door as well. The initial consultation was great. Steve explained everything thoroughly (or so we thought) and we appreciate him suggesting things that will help us save so that was great. Everything after that was pure and utter disappointment. We got our assessment on October and got an installation scheduled for December (which was okay because he did advise us that it will take months to get an installation scheduled, with it being the holidays). FIRST SCHEDULED INSTALLATION My mom took a day off from work to be home for the installation which was scheduled December before Christmas week. Company called us day before the installation to confirm and told us insaller will be at our house before 9:00 and 11:00 in the morning. 12:30pm I got a call in the office from my mom that no installer came nor they received any calls at all. I called the company and was asked to wait for a call back. I got the call back and apparently, the driver got sick but no one bothered to inform us. The worse part was that whoever called our house was very rude and has the audacity to put the blame on us telling us "they can't do anything if their driver was sick". SECOND SCHEDULED INSTALLATION Thought of cancelling that time but thought the hassle of getting our deposit back was not worth it so we re-scheduled the installation. This time, I took the day off so that someone was home for the installation. Again, got a call confirming of our installation the next day. Day of installation, 11:30 I got a call from the installer telling me that his truck won't start. I told him that if the installation is not happening today then we will just get our deposit back and forget about it. He said that he'll just need to fix his truck a bit and might be a couple of hours late. I said as long as they do it that day, I don't care because there's no way one of us can keep on taking days off from work. Afternoon I got a call back telling me that their truck really won't start and that they really have to reschedule (this is on a Monday). I told them that unless they come on a Sunday, no one is in our house to supervise. They said they will come on the Sunday. FINALLY, DAY OF INSTALLATION Sunday, 11:00 in the morning, a knock on our door and when I opened a guy who didn't even bother to tell me who he was just asked me if he could come in. I had to ask him if he was from Northview and the answer that I got was "yes, aren't you expecting us?" I was truly baffled at this but ignored it just so that they can get on with their job. The installation happened and we thought of turning our furnace off since our house is practically open. Installer said that they will not take long and if we could just turn the heat on because they need the heat to melt some of the materials that was frozen in their truck. Didn't even argue anymore and just opened the freaking furnace again. Installation was completed at 3:30 in the afternoon. Our furnace was on while our house was fully open for four hours. And then the installer asked me if we needed a peep hole. I said we paid for that and then he asked me again if I could run to Home Depot and buy a peep hole and we can just deduct it on the invoice. By this time, I'm getting more and more frustrated and told him no. They have to install the peep hole like in the contract we signed. So he did install a peep hole, which is basically useless because he installed it so high, no one in our family can reach the stupid thing. And of course, that's not where it ends, the back sliding door was small and they had to make adjustmens, basically damaging our house in the process. Also, we assumed that our back door would have a lock like the one they replaced since that's what we asked Steve but apparently, we didn't pay for the lock and that there are two types of sliding door, one with one and the other that doesn't have one (this was not explained to us and we didn't have an idea at all). We assumed that the one we ordered was the one with the lock. Also, the screen door that they put is not even locking properly. All in all, our experience with Northview Windows has been one utterly frustrating and unsatisfactory. I do not know if we just lucked out with getting this service since when I was reading reviews most were good but we definitely didn't get the same service people are talking about. We thought of using Northview Windows for all our door/windows repair when Steve came to do the assessment but now, I'm pretty positive that we will try to avoid dealing with this company from now on.

Company Response:
Dear Angel, Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate customer feedback, as we always aim to improve our services and enhance our customers’ experience. Sincere apologizes for all miscommunications mentioned in the said review. The incident regarding the truck was an unfortunate, unplanned emergency and we greatly apologize for the inconveniences the situation evoked. We will continue to grow and evolve as a company, with an ongoing commitment to improvement of our customer support, service, and care. Thank you, again, for getting in touch with us and sharing your concerns. Sincere regards, NorthView Windows and Doors

Dec 10, 2013, Etobicoke

They're supposed to come in and fix the big part of the window (it cracked) it's been a few months since they came and checked it out, and I'm waiting to hear back. They told me they'd be coming back (someone came and measured). They did our doors and it was excellent. Despite they cracked window I would recommend them, very good service.

Dec 10, 2013, Okotoks

We picked a door with 3/4 glass insert and sidelite. Mike installed it and door looks beautiful. After our meeting with Stan we did not hear from this Company for months. I tried calling, but received nothing but an answering machine. We thought we would never see our door. Not professional at all. My deck has damage from installer dragging the door, the bottom outside frame is scratched. Not happy. But I do love my door.

Company Response:
Dear Kathy, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to a long production time. We do our best to ensure our customers are happy with our service and always work towards improving it, thank you for giving a feedback, and hope you will enjoy the door for a long time!

Dec 10, 2013, Chestermere

I want to thank Northview Windows and doors for the great job they did. They replaced windows in almost every room in our house. The finishing and appearance of the windows are excellent, Mike and his team are true professionals. The installer had a bit of a temper but overall he did a very good job.

Nov 24, 2013, Calgary

Steve came to our house with a very reasonable estimate, now I am quite pleased with the installation done, Bob who put our windows was very professional and answered all our questions.

Nov 23, 2013, High River

Terrific job, very well done, the whole installation went very well, they guys worked hard to replace many windows and the results are great. Plus our salesman Anatoliy is a great guy too, was a pleasure to deal with him. Thank you!

Nov 15, 2013, Scarborough

This is the 2nd time we have had worked with this company and are quite satisfied with their job. Anatoliy gave us a very good price and the installers worked professionally. We want to thank Northview for the job done.

Nov 04, 2013, Old Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

Northview Windows and Doors continues to amaze me. It's always an experience with them. They have worked on my home a number of times. Now can I have my lock fixed?

Company Response:
Dear Linda, we are sorry you had a problem with the door lock. After your call on November 6, our representative Vlad went to your house to resolve the issue. Apparently you tried to open the lock before the lever went all the way down. Vlad spoke with your son and showed him how to operate the lock. He tried several time and it worked well. Later on Vlad spoke with you on the phone and let you know he resolved the lock problem with your son. Please, let us know if you still have any issue with the lock?

Oct 30, 2013, Old Toronto

Northview has gradually been changing all our windows, this month we replaced windows in the stairs and basement. Mike, the installer, was prompt, polite and diligent. It was a good clean work. Thank you.

Company Response:
Dear Helen, thank you for choosing our company. It is always nice when a customer becomes a returning customer - that means we had done a good job! For all our team it is a pleasure to have business with you! We hope you enjoy the windows and they will keep your house warm in the coming cold season.

Oct 25, 2013, Brampton

We’ve been lucky to find Northview, this company has true professionals who helped us with makeover of our house. We had 10 windows replaced, and the installers did such a neat job – they used drop sheets to protect the floor, worked fast and cleaned everything after. And the people who work in the company are pleasant to deal with, we especially want to thank Mano, who guided us through window selection.

Company Response:
Dear Diane, it was really a great job, we did our best to make sure these windows look fantastic in your house. Thanks for your positive attitude and of course, enjoy the product!

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!