Sports Effect (sports Equipment Assembly & Repair)

Home Accessories
Markham ON L3R 1N1
Home Accessories
Sports Effect (sports Equipment Assembly & Repair)

Reviews for Sports Effect (sports Equipment Assembly & Repair)

Jude Pereira from Markham
Jude Pereira from Markham

Excellent Service for my Treadmill

I needed to get my NordicTrack's Belt lubricated, and I couldn't figure out how. I called up Sports Effect, and in almost no time I was able to get an appointment that satisfied my crazy schedule. The service was awesome! They did a complete review / test of my treadmill, and found a few minor issues which were quickly resolved. They also taught me how to properly lubricate the NordicTrack belt. I'm so glad we called Sports Effect, because they're EXCELLENT.

SavvyShopper2
SavvyShopper2

Treadmill repair

I purchased a NordicTrack Treadmill from Costco.ca in 2012. In November of 2016 the treadmill became noisy so I contacted ICON Canada, the world's largest marketer of home fitness equipment who recommended that I seek service from Sports Effect as it was the closest treadmill repair company on their referral list.
If you own a large piece of sports equipment like a NordicTrack treadmill or bicycle that needs in home repair, Sports Effect is the company to call. They also do assembly.
I had a harrowing encounter and was frustrated that it took 3 months to get my treadmill repaired (as seen below in my initial review) but yesterday Jonh from Sports Effect came out and installed the 4th replacement motor and new converter and now my treadmill is operating smoothly. In hindsight, the problems stemmed from Icon sending out defective motors.
Sports Effect was frustrated in this whole process as much as I was and I understand fully. They had a lot of extra paperwork to do to resolve my problem and for that I'm grateful. I now know that a lifetime motor warranty does not necessarily mean a no hassle repair. Sports Effect is reliable and saw the process through to the end.
(The following is my saga before resolutionyesterday)
Initially Mark at Sports Effect was quite congenial and sent out his repairperson to inspect & tune up my treadmill. The inspection revealed that both side rails were cracked from use and the motor needed to be replaced (under lifetime warranty).

In a few weeks the parts arrived at my home, I called Mark and he happily booked my next appointment for installation of my new motor and rails. The new motor was even louder than the original! A new motor was ordered once again (at no charge to me but I was charged for the rails and tune up). A second motor was sent out. This one was loud and emitted a strong burnt grease smell. Sports Effect once again arranged with ICON to send out the lifetime warrantied motor. "Third time's a charm" to quote Mark. This time a different repair person was sent out to install the motor. The "third time" motor blew the controller (motherboard).
I've received the 4th motor and new controller, however, Mark at Sports Effect is no longer congenial and quite unfriendly on the telephone. I called twice and think that he was avoiding my calls. I had my husband call on my phone but Sports Effect did not answer the call. My husband called 15 seconds later in his cell phone and Mark answered the call! We're waiting to see if we will get a repsirperson out to install motor #4 and the controller.

Who's to blame? NordicTrack for their defective motors? Sports Effect for their diminishing service? It's been 4 months without a working treadmill and I've paid Sports Effect $500. For their service which gives a 1 year guarantee.
I'm hoping I'll have an operable treadmill soon.

Review has 1 previous version
Looking for Home Accessories pros in Markham?