ROSS Living Co. - No Longer In Business

ROSS Living Co. - No Longer In Business

Review for ROSS Living Co. - No Longer In Business

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Hardwood Flooring

Dave Ross of Dave Ross Living Co. (Houzz rep) entered into a contract with me on June 17, 2015 to lay down hardwood flooring in my home. The flooring included three bedrooms, hallway, staircase, and living room. Also to be replaced was the staircase railing system and all the baseboards in these areas. The work was to commence the week of July 13, 2015 and was to have taken approximately 2-3 days. After multiple setbacks, including workers not showing up, the delivery of flooring with the wrong finish, and the closure of the manufacturing company that took place the week of August 3, 2015, the floors and staircase system was not completed until September 2, 2015.

Dave Ross and I went through the home and identified numerous areas that would need to be addressed. The floors were left unfinished, unpolished, I asked numerous times about finishings, and coatings. I really wanted to know what the next phase would be now that the floors were installed. A few times I had mentioned to Dave Ross that I felt the flooring was not durable enough as it seemed to scratch very easily. I addressed this issue a number of times with Dave Ross but he assured me the material was top of the line. I am no expert on hardwood flooring but I felt that it should not be so easily scratched, nicked, or dented. Regardless of my instinct on this matter I was at a point now that I just wanted it all to be over.

Dave Ross has not honored the terms of his contract with me and his workman have not returned to my home to fully complete the job they started. It is my understanding that if I do have to bring another contractor in to finish the work Dave Ross Co. started, this may in fact nullify the warranty (if one exists).

I am extremely concerned that these floors are subpar and that they will not withstand the test of time as most hardwood floors are known for. In this case, I am horrified to think that I will have to go through this whole process once again in the next few years.

I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Ministry of Consumer Protection and Dave Ross has not cooperated with either agency and has been non-responsive.

I advise you all to stay away from this company. I definitely dropped the ball on this one. Had I researched this company more thoroughly, I would have surely seen the red flags.

Looking for Home Accessories pros in Whitby?