HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Edmonton  >  Ironclad Mechanical Plumbing & Heating Inc.

Reviews for Ironclad Mechanical Plumbing & Heating Inc.

Nedal in Edmonton
Nedal in Edmonton

NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION HYDRONIC HEATING SYSTEM

We hired Ironclad Mechanical to provide a Hydronic Heating System for our new home. We moved into the house at the end of September 2017. In November we started having major issues with the heating system. The System is intended to satisfy our home and garage heating requirements. At -15 degrees or colder the boilers would go into error, the temperature in the house would not go above 18 degrees Celsius and in the garage the temperature is between -2 to 7 degrees Celsius depending on the outside temperature; it only reaches the teens when the outside temperature is zero or warmer. Ironclad had a variation of reasons but eventually we had to get the manufacturer involved. Our mechanical room looks good cosmetically but that doesn't matter if it's not working properly. They only have two field employees, this includes the owner. This was a concern prior to awarding the contract but the owner (Patrick) assured us they can handle the work and it wouldn't be problem. We believed him. Unfortunately, they struggled to meet milestones. They took on other projects (which we don't fault them for, more business is good if you have the resources) that consumed their time and put our project on the back burner. It was worse when one of them was sick or away. Good luck trying to get someone out. Unfortunately, now we are going through a legal battle with Ironclad. There's much more I can write about the plumbing and heating controls but I think this is enough info to help make a decision on hiring them.

Would not recommend this contractor.

Review has 2 previous versions

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

Western Custom Homes
Western Custom Homes
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Home Builder using Ironclad Mechanical

We are a home builder that uses Ironclad for our Plumbing needs. Patrick is responsive, professional and takes pride in his high quality work. For us, Ironclad Mechanical has taken the worry out of the plumbing in our projects. The thing I like best working with Patrick is his follow through. If he says he will do something, he does it. That is hard to find and valuable to me and my business. We highly recommend Ironclad Mechanical to anyone looking for a quality plumber.

Thanks for the Review Western Custom Homes. It is a pleasure working with a dependable builder who looks after their clients and trades. Looking forward to working on more of your spectacular homes in the future.

Jason from Edmonton
Jason from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Water Heater Repair

I came home to a corroded water heater and flooded basement in addition to handling a sick baby. Did some research and ended up going with Ironclad Mechanical. There rates were very competitive (just slightly more expensive than the cheapest) and decided to go with them. Pat was very informative, detailing to me the information that was required (eg. total costs, water heater model number, warranty). He also went above and beyond in giving me some tips for maintenance. Him and his crew (1 more person) arrived on time and completed the job quickly and efficiently. Clean up was excellent as well. Pat also followed up the next day to ensure that everything was in order. Highly recommended.

Jamie MacGregor from Calgary
Jamie MacGregor from Calgary

Hot water replacement, waterline to fridge

Pat did an excellent job replacing our hot water tank and installing a waterline to the fridge ice-maker. Very professional service and quality installation at a competitive price (price shouldn't be your only metric when finding a good plumber). Added bonus was that he noticed our sump pump wasn't working correctly - it was checked and fixed during the same visit.

There is something to be said about finding quality service and work, especially when it comes to plumbing. Will be a repeat customer.

Mike K from Edmonton
Mike K from Edmonton

Gas Line Valve

Found Pat's name through an online source that we both subscribe to. I was looking for a gasfitter, he was the only reply. I had a very small job, but he came right over as scheduled, and had it done in no time. Also had him look at another issue while he was there. Great guy, great service!

Lindsay Hoffman from Edmonton
Lindsay Hoffman from Edmonton

Top to Bottom reno

Pat was subcontracted through Roth and Sons to complete all the plumbing and HVAC in our top to bottom reno in our home. His work is exemplary, he is easily contacted, and when we required a follow-up visit it was at our home in no time. I can't say enough good things about this guy :)

Karen from Edmonton
Karen from Edmonton

Plumbing

I had various smaller plumbing issues in my newly purchased home and Patrick at Ironclad Mechanical was exemplary. He was professional, proficient and trustworthy. I was extremely satisfied with the service and his advice. I would highly recommend him and his company.

David from Edmonton
David from Edmonton

Plumbing and HVAC for 3 commercial tenant improvements

Ironclad Mechanical cut the existing slab, ran new plumbing drains, did the sink rough in and installed sinks for 3 projects. They also completed HVAC work for these projects.

They were prompt, professional and did great work. There price was good compared to other quotes I received for the same work.

I will definitely be using Ironclad Mechanical in the future

Juliette from Edmonton
Juliette from Edmonton

Basement Bathroom, and Rental Properties

We believe in work ethic and trust again. Ironclad came in and did a full bathroom for us. Pat explained to us what we needed and what we did not. The work was done timely, efficiently, respectfully, and very proffessionally. We also have two rental properties and Ironclad looks after now as well. In the past we have had some very bad experiences with other companies, overcharging and not completeing work, leaving the place a mess. Never have we had a problem with Ironclad Mechanical.

Brian from Edmonton
Brian from Edmonton

Basement Renovation

Finally, a company that says what they mean and does what they say. I've never felt that sense of security before, where I feel with such certainty that I'm not being fleeced. Frank conversations on expected costs, with several options provided, and no pressure on my decision. Always on time and accommodating.