Port Kells Nursery

HomeStars  >  Garden Centres in Vancouver  >  Port Kells Nursery

Reviews for Port Kells Nursery

Davida from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

**Update - Approximately 2 months after this review was written, the company did remove the trees from our property and we are satisfied that the matter is resolved.** We specifically sought to support a local family business and based on previous reviews we chose Port Kells Nurseries. We had a very stressful and unacceptable experience with this business and DO NOT recommend. According to their staff, we had the unfortunate experience of having less experienced staff delivering our trees. The cedars were already dying the day they were delivered; they sent a staff person to look at them a couple of days later and confirmed that indeed they were no good. They didn't have inventory to replace immediately (in the Fall), so instead they told us to wait until Spring. They did give us a refund, but never did follow up with us and when we followed up, they refused to remove the trees for us. We were prepared to give them, another chance and buy 20 more trees but they would not remove their dead trees. I eventually spoke with the owner (Rene) to again explain that we do not have a truck and I felt that we should not have to incur further expense to remove the trees because of their mistake. Other reputable nurseries will pay to return trees if the problem was due to the business's error. The owner, Rene actually became angry with me for requesting they pick up the trees, claimed he was offended and said that his staff should not have given me a refund and then hung up on me. We were never rude or angry with them as I assumed they would make it right and ensure that we would have 20 healthy trees without any hassle.

Review has 1 previous version
Kate Teague from Surrey
11 reviews Surrey, BC

We are selling our home and needed a row of cedar hedges in July. Called them and they were so helpful on the phone.They gave us a discount as we ordered more than 6 trees. They asked when I wanted them delivered and I said sooner rather than later. They told me they would have them there in two hours. Sure enough, two hours later the trees arrived, all 11 of them! From phoning to getting the trees to my house ready to plant all in one day, perfect! These were tall trees too, about 7 feet each! Thank you Port Kells Nursery. I will for sure be using them as a go to garden centre!