HomeStars  >  Garden Centres in Milton  >  Van Beek's Garden Supplies

paul.ag.wilson in Milton
paul.ag.wilson in Milton
10 reviews Milton, ON

Firewood

For a half face cord, 16 inches, $65.00 is pretty darn good. I have been buying my firewood from Van Beek's for three years, and staff is always friendly and responsive. And firewood is good quality. Recommend!

Green Ontario Inc.  in Campbellton
Green Ontario Inc. in Campbellton
1 review Restigouche County, NB

Landscaping Project

I am very satisfied with the customer service I received from Amanda. She treated me and my clients with respect, patience and is very knowledgable. Green Ontario Inc., would like to thank Amanda for her dedication and professionalism.

Stone work around my new home

Amanda went above and beyond my expectations with respect to the timely manner in which she solved my problem and searxh for the right product. Other nurseries has asked me to wait anothe 2 weeks she made it happen in 3 days. Her friendly demeanour and attention to detail and timeliness has inshrined my loyalty as a van breeks customer
Thanks again Amanda

zahra in Mississauga
zahra in Mississauga

Please read & beware of their sketchy business practice.

Van Beek's Garden Supplies
1-866-778-5824
2410 Lower Baseline Rdwe10 Lower Base Line
L6M4G1

DO NOT USE VAN BEEK EVER!

My contractor took me to Van Beek, who she was working with for about a few months. I made a full payment in cash to the owners daughter, Amanda, who was at the oakville location, and now in Mississauga. I paid in full, the cost of stones that were being delivered to my house for my patio work. As I left and went in to the car, my contractor stayed behind and BEHIND MY BACK, Amanda made an agreement with the contractor to give half the cash back to the contractor and expected it from them later. My contractor ran away with thousands of dollars from me and many other people without finishing the work. The contractor also ran away without returning the cash Amanda took from me for the material and secretly gave to her (the contractor). Amanda's father, the owner then put a Lien on my house because I REFUSE TO PAY THEM THE MONEY I ALREADY GAVE TO THEM. The mistake I made was that it was a busy day for me and I failed to notice that they did not give me a receipt.

When I approached them with my shock after receiving a letter stating they have put a lien on my house, they told me and admitted to this whole situation. Amanda admitted (I have recordings) to have trusted my contractor and thought it was ok to secretly give the contractor half of my payment I made to her, thinking she will get it back later. I am so appaulled by this company and how they operate. The owner refuses to talk to us because of what mistake his daughter made, and is trying to have us pay legal fees and incurring interest...on an amount that was fully paid! He states that because the contractor put the stone on our property, we are responsible. EVEN THOUGH THEY ADMIT WE PAYED THEM FULLY. We will be taking this legally but I want to warn as many people as I can because this is such a sketchy business and I cannot let anyone else go through the distress they are putting me in. THESE GUYS ARE A NIGHTMARE.

Ed P in Mississauga
Ed P in Mississauga

Horrible customer service on topsoil - product not usable and full of lumps

Had a delivery of the "premium triple mix" - was just a huge pile of clumps after a wet period, but totally unusable for my lawn. I called and spoke with them and they offered no apology and no recourse. They said it would cost me $200 to have them dispose of it.

I have been a customer for many years, but after this episode, never again.

Hello Ed,

We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your recent soil delivery.

We take customer complaints very seriously and would like an opportunity to make this right to your satisfaction.

Please call (905) 842-5053 and ask for Luke directly.

Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue.

1 review Milton, ON

Not Accountable, Terrible Customer Service

I will start by saying I have been a Long time loyal customer of Van Beek's Garden Center. I will follow up by saying that as a business owner mistakes happen... It's a part of doing business. As business owners all we can do is attempt to work with the client to rectify the situation.. Sometimes to everyone's satisfaction and sometimes maybe not.
After a recent delivery of limestone to my home by VanBeeks my driveway was damaged. I contacted VanBeeks immediately and sent photos of my damaged asphalt. I received a phone call later that day advising me that I had signed a paper which indicated that Vanbeeks was not liable for any damage past the city line. I replied that there Was no reason for the damage, the driver had plenty of room and it was driver error as he clearly did not assess the area properly and was negligent. I was told I would receive a phone call the following day after he spoke to the driver.
Not only did I NOT receive a return phone call but I called approximately 7 times and left messages. I was put on hold once for over 20 minutes and I never received ONE return call. I sent 6 emails and only received one reply to the very first one with a copy showing me my signature on the invoice.
I got a quote for $2800 to replace the driveway which is silly but truthfully the only way to make it perfect as it was prior to the damage. I know this option is not reasonable so i also got a quote for $850 plus Hst to PATCH the asphalt. As anyone knows a patch is just that.. I got a quote from a landscaper to cut out the damaged area and install paving stones. I would have to do the same cut out to the other side to have it match and this would cost me out of pocket. I emailed Vanbeeks the repair quote and requested that I would be willing to take $800 of product to repair the area. No response!
Finally... After over 2 weeks and ONLY because they delivered paving stones to my home and needed a signature they arrived at my door. I spoke to the owners son about the situation face to face. He responded again by saying I signed the paper... Which I did.. However I asked him that if the driver hit the gas instead of the brakes and drive through my house would that not be his fault? He responded by saying "oh that's different". After much discussion he said he would advise me in 24 hours what they could do. Honestly I wasn't going to hold my breathe.
Surprisingly, he did return my call the following day and I was offered $230 otherwise I could take them to court. Simple as that...
I'm absolutely shocked at not only how I was treated in this matter but how a company of such long history would not have the decency to return a phone call or email to discuss the situation with me. I truly believe they felt that I would just drop the issue..

Nancy  in Mississauga
Nancy in Mississauga
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Premium Soil

I am very happy with the quality soil and got it on the day that was promised. The people that were helping me were very friendly. Would recommend to get soil there.

Landscaping

I am always extremely impressed with Vanbeeks. With a wide range of Landscape Suppliers in the area, this business is the stand out. As a regular customer they are always my "go to" for my landscaping needs. Always providing exceptional service and always reliable. They are flexible when I need them to be and I can always count on them for quality products, great prices and quality service, time and time again.

Flagstone

Always great service and recommendations every time we visit.
Especially like that they show ways to keep the cost down.
Never have to wait for assistance and staff seem genuinely interested in our needs.

More about Van Beek's Garden Supplies

Van Beek’s is a family run landscape supply business that believes in offering superior customer service and quality products at fair prices.

With garden supply stores in two convenient locations, Van Beek’s is a recognized leader in custom soil mixes, mulches, and aggregates that supplies golf courses, garden centers, landscapers, and homeowners throughout Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Mississauga, Etobicoke and other parts of the Greater Toronto Area.