Connect Electric

KP in Orangeville
KP in Orangeville
1 review Orangeville, ON

Expensive, Sloppy, and Unconventional

I hired Ron Cook of Connect Electric for a condo reno that was being flipped. He charges $130 an hour for him and his apprentice. For that you would expect the best. Sadly, I didn’t get it. Ron doesn’t take notes of a job even when we suggested he should. Not surprisingly, he messed up and installed 3 switches when we discussed dimmers everywhere. He told me I had changed my mind. He reluctantly went back and swapped out the switches with SURFACE MOUNTED electrical boxes with dimmers. In a condo! (See photos) When I pointed out that was ridiculous in a residential application he told me I was ignorant and didn’t know construction. It doesn’t take a genius to know that dimmers can and should be installed directly in drywall like the switches. I had to hire another electrician to redo that work, which Ron refused to refund. (Sadly, I paid without seeing it as I was out of town). Ron also damaged the ceiling by starting to cut a hole for a potlight without checking first for the location of studs. (See photo) Had to pay someone to repair that. He also didn't clean up after himself after cutting holes in a kitchen island for electrical outlets. (see photos.)

Looking for Electricians pros in Orangeville?