EJ Mower

(403) 259.8770
CALGARY
AB
T2V0P5

Not sure how this place is still in business would not RECOMMEND IT they over charge and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND THE MANAGER WHAT A TREAT
GREAT WORK SHOULD OF LOOKED AT THE RATINGS BEFORE HAND

StampsR4Real in Calgary
StampsR4Real in Calgary

If you need a part or service done in less than a week, find someone else

I have used EJ’s services 4 - 6 times and every time it has taken longer than originally promised. Today I picked up a drive belt for my lawn tractor. It was a specialty part so they needed to order one in and I needed to pay for it first. Understandable. Firstly the individual I provided my Visa to didn’t write down the correct expiration date but did call me back to advise of the issue.
The second issue was that I was promised delivery of the belt in a week (which was about 10 days ago)
The third issue is that every time I spoke with someone there, I got them to confirm they would call me if there were any more issues.
Lastly, after no one called when they said they would, I called them and left a message on their answering machine (which still talks about being closed the Friday/Saturday of the Easter weekend.

Bret in Calgary
Bret in Calgary

Poor service and unprofessional

Dropped off a pressure washer for a carb kit. They came back with $380 for a carburetor and said the carb kit would not work. Declined and then they added a $72 estimate fee before they would release. Had to pay and then checked machine and found they broke the cast tab that holds linkage which is why they wanted the carb instead of kit. Manager would not fix what they broke and still had to pay $72 to get my machine back. Order the carb from there competitor for $83.00. I told the owner about this and he would not waive the $72 or pay for the carb that they broke. Do not use EJ mower

sawissues in Calgary
sawissues in Calgary

Brand new Huqqvarna 440 not working

Bought and new husqvarna 440 chain saw in
Nov 2017 went to use it in May for the first time issues with starting and running. Ej mower staff seem to concerned to resolve these issues since it seemed intermittent. Customer service for husqvarna helped me to get a reliable service depot to service it which Ej mower did not do.

William in Calgary
William in Calgary

Service as you would hope to expect

Went in to pick out a ride on mower with the boss. David let us look around for a little while. As we were pondering which of the ride on mowers would work best for us, he came up to check in.

As we did not need any accessories to push (snow or shovels). David showed us to the zero turn machines. As we went through the needs of the building, this was looking like a great option.

As this new mower (Z335E) was wider than our old sears ride on tractor, some modifications were to be made to the housing location. As discussed (and paid) we could not pick it for a few weeks. David just let us know to call about a week in advance to make sure one was ready for us when we were ready.

>Called ~8 days ahead (not business days.) to ensure availability.

>Pick up day

Went in to the front to request for the pick up. A little gruff from whomever was there. Was told they get the key for the tractor and wait outside.

A nice mechanic (Farm boy as he put it) was nice enough to give me a quick break down of the new machine. I wanted to ensure the longest time with it. As well as the recommended first oil change date for this.

Disregard for Customer's time

I called to ask if they sharpened, manual/reel, mower blades. They said yes, and that they would check the mower when I brought it in to see if they had any issues with sharpening them. The woman who took my mower in said it shouldn't be a problem. That was on a Tuesday, they said the sharpen blades on Fridays and it should be done then. No call on Friday. Then I called Monday morning and they said they were behind, but it would be done on Tuesday. When I went in to pick it up on Tuesday, the same woman who said my mower was fine said the mower wouldn't fit on their machine and so they couldn't sharpen the blades!! So this wasted a whole week, a whole week with my grass growing and they clearly couldn't care less, there was no real sorry, basically a tough luck bub. I can only imagine what it would be like to expect them to follow through with something really important.

Service / Sales / General Business

Bought a zero turn mower from this place, back for full service including blades, belt, oil, filter and grease... $ 835 Dollars!!! Unbelievable... not to mention it took them 2 weeks to "get parts". This seemed odd so with some snooping around, they are NOT even a affiliated John Deere dealer anymore,,, hence the long wait and huge cost for bless and belt...

Would NEVER recommend this place for sales or service of any kind...

cbstrdst in Calgary
cbstrdst in Calgary

Mower service

I found these folks to be very honest and straitforward. They said an estimate was the best way to go with my Toro that would not start. I paid for an estimate to see what was wrong and they told me it was just a plugged carb. So, I had them fix it and my mower is working as good as when it was new. Great people. Very willing to help.

Poor mower, poor service

Bought a Husqvarna mower, brand new, within 16 hours of use, belt was ripping. Told by EJ Mower staff that this was not covered by warranty. They said they would order a new belt and call me when it was ready. Never received a call. They proved they don't care about customer service. They charge $200 to pick up and deliver a mower for servicing. Since then have had several difficulties with the mower. Not worth dealing with this store or their staff.

Jude in Calgary
Jude in Calgary

Mower repair

I needed my mower blades sharpening and someone recommended EJ Mower. There was a 2 week wait, so I dropped off my mower and waited it out. 2 weeks later I returned to collect. The job had been done, the blades were sharp and so no complaints. Service was fine but not overly friendly, nothing to complain about though. Apart from a potential wait time, this seems a good place for mower maintenance.

Looking for Garden Centres pros in Calgary?