The Tile Store

Khobie from Scarborough
Khobie from Scarborough
6 reviews North York, ON

Basement Renovation

This is an excellent store for someone looking to purchase tiles, having said that, we did have a terrible initial experience with them. We ordered tiles that were recommended by the staff as perfect for a washroom floor. When our contractor was installing them, we noticed that although similar looking, they gave us two different brands of tiles, what made it worse was one of the brand of tiles was getting stained, and we could not remove the stains. When we went back to the store we did have a bit of an issue with the return. Personally, i chalk this up to some bad communication and information. Although we did have this experience, we still did purchase some excellent flooring tiles and stone and glass mosaics from this store. The pricing was incredible, we saved over $5 a sqft for identical tiles we purchased compared to another more well known store. This store has an incredible selection, however they are not grouted and displayed as nicely as some other stores, so if you have the patience to look through tile boards, or you already have the brand and style of the tiles you want, go here and i am sure it will be cheaper. This store is a definite recommend.

First off thank you for taking the time to review our store we really appreciate the feedback . We don't grout our tile because grout is such a personal preference that we find for us its better if they are left non grouted . And the tile is suitable for the floor but your contractor was using a permanent marker so it was unable to come off. Thank you for your business hope your space looks amazing .

joey from Toronto
joey from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

kitchen and bathroom

I was driving by this store to go to another tile store when I decided i'd pop in and see what they had. I haven't heard of them before but there was a lot of cars in the parking lot so I pulled in. When I walked in I was amazed, obviously these people know their tiles, they had things I had never seen before, I have to say the reclaimed wood looking tile was amazing, I spent about an hr in the store spoke with all the staff , they were all very helpful and each had their own creative ideas on how to do up my washroom and kitchen. I left that day with a few choice samples to bring home to the wife.. The next day we ordered the tiles and within 2 days they were shipped (with a charge) to my house. Have to say if your looking to redo your kitchen, bathroom, or any space with tiles you must check this place out first.

Mary from Toronto
Mary from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Tile for 3 bathrooms & laundry room

We had a wonderful experience at The Tile Store. Slavica and her staff were incredibly helpful and a pleasure to deal with. They offer high quality product for very reasonable prices. When some of the tile we ordered was backordered, they kept us well informed of the status and provided us with other options so that our job wouldn't be delayed.

LO in Toronto
LO in Toronto

Bathroom floor

After having visited several other tile stores without finding particularly inspiring floor tiles for our bathroom renovation, we spent about half an hour at the Tile Store and found a selection of porcelain tiles we liked and chose one of them. We were able to order the exact number of tiles we needed, so didn't have to spend extra buying only in box lots. The tiles were available a day or two later, all perfect and unblemished (unlike a previous experience with another store where we found that about 25% of the wall tiles we'd bought were broken). Also bought grout to match the tile colour and grout sealer from this store. Good advice and good service.

Curt from Toronto
Curt from Toronto

Tile sfor tub/shower

Good selection of tiles: wide range of styles, sizes, prices, materials, etc. Most everything is either in stock, or is available in a day.
Service was so-so: hafter deciding what we wanted, it took us an hour (yes, an entire hour) to pay, because there were 2 staff helping customers, and no one at the register. If you are patient (my wife) this isn't such a big deal, but if you are impatient (me) then it's frustrating.
But, the tile selection was good and that's the most important thing.

Thanks for your review sir, we are not sure if and when a customer has ever waited for an hour for any type of service in our store but if this was your experience we apoloigize.

The Tile Store Staff

Lillian in GTA
Lillian in GTA
12 reviews Whitby, ON

front foyer tilling and kitchen wall tiling

My husband and I happened upon this store after finding it in the Yellow Pages. Selection is not very extensive, but the customer service is good. We did purchase some grouting and a few on sale tiles to decorate our kitchen wall (small wall), but decided to not purchase any marble tiles from this location (we purchased marble tiles for our front foyer elsewhere). We just didn't like the selection of marble tiling and the pricing.

angela cashell in Toronto
angela cashell in Toronto

Counter, Backsplash, Fireplace

GOOD SELECTION OF PRODUCTS. RESONABLE PRICES And WILLING TO NEGOTIate. InstALLED MYSELF BUT CAN RECOMMEND CONTRACTORS. TRY THEM OUT, YOU WILL GET A GOOD DEAL. GOOD LOCATION ON BERMONDSEY AND NEXT TO ANTICA TILE WHICH IS MORE HIGH END.

Mom in Beaches
Mom in Beaches

bathroom reno

I spent hours in this store in Jan-Feb 2010,and I was very pleased with the service I received. It was just what I was looking for: when I wanted to be left alone to browse and think, I had plenty of space, and when I had questions, I could always get answers. The tile we bought was high quality but very reasonably priced,and we also liked the installer they recommended.

Jerry
Jerry

purchased marble, glass, and basket weave tiles

When I purchased a large amount of glass tiles and marble tiles the nice staff at The Tile Store were very helpful in suppling everything I needed for this project at a great price.When I ranshort of product by some additions from the client they responded quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend them for excellent servie and great prices

More about The Tile Store

The Tile Store is a top Toronto destination for style-driven tiles and mosaics for the kitchen, bathroom, fireplace, counter top, back splash, and pool. We pride ourselves in consistently delivering affordable prices and excellent customer service. At The Tile Store, you will find over 2000 mosaics and stylish and unique ...