Bumblebee Moving & Storage

Reviews for Bumblebee Moving & Storage

Shannon in the Annex
Shannon in the Annex

1 Bedroom apartment move

Thanks Paul & team for such a great job, I couldn't have been happier with the service you provided to move my 1 bedroom apartment- speedy, considerate, couldn't have been nicer & more careful with my things. And, the lowest cost of the 6 quotes I got from other companies. I'll definitely recommend you to anyone I know looking for movers. Thanks again!

Moving

Paul and his team were amazing! It was a complex move with multiple stops to deliver to a cottage island location on a very hot day. The team was on time, helpful, efficient and made the entire process effortless for us.

Joseph from East York
Joseph from East York

Moving

In summary, you get what you pay for and you better understand what you pay for.
I have used Bumblebee twice - in 2010 and 2014. Both times we got a very reasonable fixed rate so we were happy. Both times, the crew (mostly very young guys) busted their you-know-whats through the hot weather and narrow staircases to get the job done. I felt guilty that they were charging so little. The second time I used them, they called in another crew (that had finished) to help out with our job, so they can speed it up. That was great. They did drop and break a chest-of-drawers.. and luckily it was a piece I cared little for - but that was just dumb luck.

The bad: Both times there was a member of their crew who wasn't pulling his weight.. the first time the older guy was more interested in chatting than working while the young guys were dripping in sweat. The second time the oldest guy in the crew (maybe 25yo) was taking so many breaks that one of the young guys eventually told him off. Sadly, the 25yo collected the fee and tip - I hope he shared it around.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for - some damage to the walls, something broken, but a crew that works hard for a good price.

Would I recommend them to someone looking to save? Yes
Would I recommend them to someone who is looking for a tender-touch mover? Probably not.. expect to pay more

Jennifer from Old Toronto
Jennifer from Old Toronto

Movers

Paul and his team have helped us with numerous moves in the past and again yesterday. Our moves have varied in size and complexity with various locations and all were successful. The team is efficient, polite and make the entire process look easy. I phoned and used email to arrange all the details in advance and received prompt and thorough responses. I highly recommend Bumblebee Moving & Storage

consuella in Scarborough
consuella in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

No Class, No Manners...

I just found homestars and thought I would share what happened to me about 5 years ago with Bumblee Moving & Storage. I called around got a decent quote and booked my move. I called to confirm 2 weeks prior, they didn't book me and I had to rebook. Fine I get accidents happen. This should have been my first clue..
They show up on time which was good, the truck was in poor shape but who am I to judge.. They come in, there gruff obviously not happy to be working, complaining about back pain, and they smelled like day old alcohal. They moved all of my stuff which was fine however I was shocked to see them smoking marijuana infront of the building I was moving into. I didn't say anything at the time as I didn't want to argue or have my stuff taken hostage. The move otherwise went ok, till I unpacked. I found that they had broken some of my stuff. I called to tell them and ask about insurance and I was hung up on. I called again and I was spoken to rather rudely by the manager and told they would get to it when they could but they were really busy so it would be awhile. At that point I also mentioned the marijuana and was told that his guys are in pain and this is how they treat it and then was hung up on again. I'd never ever use them nor would I reccomend...

We do not remember who you are, but If you had a insurance complaint we, the owners, would of handled it. We are a family run company with a A+ rating with the BBB, and our guys don't smoke marijuana and never will. Maybe you had the wrong moving company, there is a Bumblebee Moving in Ohio that we have no affiliation with.

godlikesnow@hotmail.com in Toronto
G. W.
1 review TORONTO, ON

Reply about Careless Movers.

I don't know if you had the right company, because the guys from bumble bee moving that moved me were very good. They wrapped all of my Antique furniture and were very careful with how they maneuvered it in to my brand new condo. The guys had a full hour lunch break that we did not have to pay for, which was very convenient for me. The Female that was working with the two was also working just as hard as the boys. They deserve a lot more respect and credit for how hard they work, including the women. It is not fair for you to come on the computer and create a comment saying they were careless, especially when you say it was your fault for not taking your (now broken) digital piano apart. I could put money down that if you were to move your stuff by yourself like a real man, there would have been more damage done than what your accusing the movers of....I read a lot of the blogs on companies on this website and to be honest, I could never imagine a company being so careless with another mans furniture unless they are truly in it for the money. I can say this company is NOT all about the money. A lot of effort and energy is put in to the moves and the least you can do is give them good credit for what they have done for you. I can honestly say, i will feel bad for the movers if you call this company back, as you sound like a lazy low life star wars loser. BUMBLE MOVING IS A GREAT COMPANY THEY PUT LOT OF EFFORT INTO THEIR WORK! rated 10 from me...

pie in Toronto
pie in Toronto

Not for professional moves.

We chose Bumblebee on Apple Storage's recommendation for our two part move to & from storage. The crew was very friendly and accommodating. Our experience is very similar to Johnathon's where they acted like they were taking good care of our belongings and in the beginning we tended to dismiss the few negatives that occurred but the points below eventually added up to enough disappointments that we would not recommend them in good conscience.

• As our belongings were going into storage we requested in advance for new wardrobe boxes and were told they would be available on the day of the move instead we received dirty old ratty boxes that appeared to have been used as floor mats. If only they would have been forthcoming about the condition at the time of the request we would have been fine to source our own wardrobe boxes.

• They had trouble securing plastic covers on the couches and ended up partially shrink-wrapping them. They told us that the plastic would go on when the couches reached storage...we had to discover on our own that it didn't happen.

• I probably would not be making this point if damages were minimal but we find ourselves scratching our heads on how some of the damages could have even occurred with the 4-5 person crews and 5-10 minute street distance. With the exception of the lead the crews were young (college age and younger). My adage is young adults/kids don't own anything of significance so why should they treat the belongings of others with care.

This experience taught us that no matter how much money or time given don't trust that paid labour services will get the job done right. Source widely known professional movers that conduct business with some agreeable level of standards and don't let the move be completely unattended after it departs your front door by participating at each stage of the move.

Jonathan in Toronto
Jonathan in Toronto

Careless movers - beware!

We chose Bumblebee on a friend's recommendation for our move, but I cannot do the same for anyone based on our experience. Everyone we met from the company was very friendly and acted like they were taking good care of our furniture, but the move was a bit of a fiasco and we ended up with a broken digital piano (partially my fault for not taking it apart) and a lot of minor damage done to our furniture. This company is not quite ready for prime time - fine for moving boxes or furniture you don't care about, but anyway who has half-decent stuff should find someone else.

Our first warning sign was when the team of three showed up in a tiny cube van (that looked like an old, decommissioned U-Haul) even though we told them how much furniture had to be moved in advance. Of the three people, one was a female supervisor and the other two were young guys who did the heavy lifting. The supervisor did some wrapping and carrying, but you really only get 2.5 people for the price of 3.

After a few hours another crew arrived to take the extra furniture in their own tiny truck, but the whole process delayed us, and since you pay by the hour the cost was borne by us.

They were also not particularly conscientious about our furniture, and seem to have scratched or dented most of the things we own. I think that this is partly because the two guys were running out of energy after 6 hours without a real break. Here's a tip - give your employees a lunch break!

Mer in East York
Mer in East York

Moving

We moved from an apartment to our new house in spring 2009. My sister had recommended Bumblebee - she had used them to move from Ottawa to Toronto and then again within Toronto. The guys were all really friendly, quite careful, good at packing the truck, and good on their estimate. They were actually a lot cheaper than a lot of other moving companies too.

We were really worried about hiring movers because we'd always done it on our own before, and having heard horror stories about movers from friends etc.

We're glad to have found Bumblebee because, if we ever need to move again, we know who to call.

Their website is bumblebeemoving.net