Leon's Furniture Limited

Mattresses
Leon's Furniture Limited

Reviews for Leon's Furniture Limited

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Paid $250 to "Be a part of the Family"

Hands down, ABSOLUTELY the WORST customer service I've ever encountered. Ordered a mattress, box spring and frame/headboard. Only the mattress and box spring were delivered. After numerous calls to find out why, they tell me it was a separate order, and the frame was on back order. After a week of nonsense working with a rude woman named Carolina and still no frame, I called to tell them I wanted to return the mattress, as it is still in its packaging, along with my money for the full order that they still had.
Get this, I am told they cannot take back the bed as I did not purchase a "health card" and once a bed is in a home they cannot take it back. After some arguing, they tell me they have to charge me a FIFTY PERCENT restocking fee to return it and in packaging.
I cannot believe what I'm hearing, so I go into store to have someone tell me this in person. The lady I talked to of course was also rude, telling us the $259.00 fee is a good thing, reminding my boyfriend and I that Leon's has been around for 110 years and that they aren't going anywhere.
So now I am waiting another 2 weeks for them to pick up the mattress, paying $259.00 to do so, and cannot get the rest of my money back until the pick up is complete.
Absolute disaster, I will never deal with Leon's again, and I will be sure to tell all of my friends and family.
Such bad business Leon's shame on you!!!

April Almeida in Hamilton
April Almeida in Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Scotchguarding new furniture

We recently purchased a new living room and dining room (cost approx $3600) and paid for the protection of everything we bought. We made the separate appt, the service man came a few days later and not only did a quick good job of applying the actual protection on the furniture, he noticed one of our tables was nicked in the corner and he proceeded to got to his van get the colour matching tools to try and repair and then filed a complaint, to which we received a $20 refund! Great service!

Oksanna in Waterdown
Oksanna in Waterdown
1 review Waterdown, ON

Delivered 3 appliances

We had a stove, dishwasher and fridge delivered a week after purchase. The delivery was free. There were two gentlemen that did the delivery- one was courteous, the other guy swore a lot. They did not installed because our appliances were not removed. They were not allowed to take our old appliances, however it would be more convient if they could have.

James Holmes in Dundas
James Holmes in Dundas
1 review Dundas, ON

Fridge Delivery

Our fridge died during the week. When we went shopping, not only did Leon's have the best price on the fridge, but the delivery experience was great!

Because of the situation, we asked if they could put a rush on the delivery because we didn't want our food to go bad. They had no issues moving us up on the delivery schedule to accommodate us.

Because we live in a Condo, we sometimes have issues with companies delivering things to us. They say they won't bring it up or they'll try to charge us with some ridiculous 'Condo delivery surcharge'. When the guys arrived at our Condo with the fridge, there was no hassle whatsoever! They came in, were very friendly and professional put the fridge where we wanted it and took the other fridge downstairs and outside where it was going to be picked up.

This was by far one of the easiest purchases/deliveries we've had to date.

tigerlily88
tigerlily88
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bed and frame

We had a terrible experience with this store for Customer service. We didn't rerally get the item we wanted, and when you try to return the item, all that you get are alot of hassles from the service staff including the management. Won't go to this store again.

Larry in Dundas
Larry in Dundas
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Mattress

Bought Sealy Mattress. Sales person would not budge on price but free delivery made it cheaper than competitors. Did not really try to upsell to a more expensive product. Helps to know competitors prices for similar product but difficult to compare mattresses as manufacturers give different model names for each store.

Rob in Rosedale
Rob in Rosedale
1 review Hamilton, ON

42 inch plasma tv, tv stand

I like the helpfulness of the staff while shopping at the Stone Church store. There were no high pressure tactics to make a purchase, but a sincere willingness to help answer any questions.
The TV stand I wanted was available only at the Scarborough Store, so they had it sent right to my door here in Hamilton.

Zoe S in Hamilton
Zoe S in Hamilton

New fridge

We went to a ton of different store to compare prices and while the prices were about the same Leon's offered the best 'don't pay' deal. Figured, why not just hold off the payments for a little while.

The delivery people were exceptional! Super polite, they did the job fast and even took our new fridge down to the curb (we live in a condo and someone else was coming to pick it up).

The only thing that kept this from perfect was that I was told that they would call the night before to let us know when it was being delivered and they didn't. I had to call to find out. I think that deliveries might be the responsibility of another store.

Lena in the Meadowlands
Lena in the Meadowlands
2 reviews Ancaster, ON

Appliances

I purchase my appliances from Leon's and before the end of the first year, my oven went off. IT stopped working. I called Leons which they made me wait more than 4 month before telling me that I need to go and choose a new stove because the one I had could not be fixed. I went and purchased a nother one of greater value because I choose a gas stove this time.