Whitby Tile Centre Ltd

Matt Farhard in Cambridge
Matt Farhard in Cambridge
1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen Floor

I heard from a friend that Whitby Tile was the place to go, as they have been around for years. When I first walked in I was greeted and could see that this store was busy. The busyness did not discourage me from waiting as it only brought confidence to me as I knew I was in the right place. I spoke with a young lady named Kelly and she got me started. I returned home with a mit full of samples and found my perfect tile. When I returned with my six 12 x 4 pieces of tile, these handsome young boys generously helped me carry and return all the tile I borrowed. My contractor needed the tile to be in that same week and when I placed my order, Whitby Tile had it on the next truck out. I was personally called when my tile arrived and when I came to pick it up, the same boys were waiting to load all 13 boxes into my car. If I had to of done that myself I would suffer from back pain for weeks. I am very thankful that my friend recommended Whitby Tile to me as, I don't think that I would have received the same Customer Sevice from anywhere else. Sandy has a tremendous buisness and they will continue to thrive in the Tile Industry.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation

Excellent Customer Service ! The girls at Whitby Tiles went above and beyond to help me pick the tiles, grout, etc. Delivery was very fast and delivered after hours because I needed them first thing in the morning. I would strogly recommend Whitby Tiles and I will be using them with future projects.

Scott Willman in Whitby
Scott Willman in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Foyer and Powder Room Flooring

We had a really great experience with Whitby Tile. We knew we wanted to make a flooring change, but didn't know what we wanted the end product to look like. Sandy and her team made recommendations and it turned out perfectly! We were also working with a tight timeline, and the tile arrived very quickly.

Chris in Whitby
Chris in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Back splash

Selection is good but I strongly recommend calling ahead to see if Sandy will even be there. In my five visits to the store over two projects, I have had to wait outside four out of five times until she returned at some point.

Secondly, ask her to make sure that the tile is the same one that you ordered. We ordered a tile and what was delivered to us was different. "Oh yeah, you can't get that other one anymore." At what point did she know this? Did she honestly think we wouldn't notice? Why would she waste our time and our tile contractor's time like that? She returned our money with very little fuss (besides having to wait until after 10:00 AM for her to open her store). This is a terrible way to run a business!!!

Lisa
Lisa
25 reviews ,

backsplash: tumbled marble tiles

I decided to give Whitby Tile a second chance. We needed tiles for the backsplash of our new home. Upon visiting the store, a young boy named Troy (maybe 12 years old) was minding the store all by himself. His parents were away. Although he was clearly responsible, articulate and knowledgeable, we were a little weirded out by not having any adults to speak with. I did speak to Sandy (an adult!) over the phone a couple of times to ensure things were moving along and this was comforting. In the end, Whitby Tile gave us the name of an installer (Colin Brophy) who came out to our place, did an estimate and even was so sweet as to pick up the tile (one we chose at the store), sealer and grout for us before doing the installation. He was a friendly man and did a nice job on the installation, working steadily for about 7 hours and we thought his price was reasonable. I have to say that having someone come out to measure and figure out the number of tiles needed was a big help.

So, it's hit or miss with in-store service at Whitby Tile, but if you're ok with confirmation and advice via phone, things should be alright as Sandy is quite accomodating. Also, if you need a good installer, Colin Brophy can be reached at 905 922 7707. Tell him I sent you!

More about Whitby Tile Centre Ltd

retail sale of tile and stone and related installation products
Looking for Tile & Stone Retailers pros in Whitby?