Stone Port

416 787 7000
290 Caldari Rd.
Vaughan
L4K

We were thrilled when we found that StonePort had a different quartz countertop product that was almost identical to a Caserstone colour we'd chosen that had been discontinued. So we gave the salesman, Stephen, CAD drawings of kitchen plan, and he gave us a quote.

Unfortunately, he didn't read the plan, and the dimensions he used to calculate the quote were wrong, which meant he underestimated the number of slabs of of material that would be needed. He also claimed his company could do the special cutting that would be needed to install Bocci electrical outlets (http://bocci.ca/22-series/22-alternative-installation/). "No problem!", he said.

As we got closer to the installation date, phone calls and emails to Stephen to confirm the date and time went unanswered. Finally, the receptionist connected us with Peter, who we were led to believe is the owner. He looked at the plans and quote, and realized that the salesman had underbid. He then told us he needed to charge us more money. We were furious; the sales contract said that if actual measurements on site differed from what was originally provided, the customer would be liable for any differences. However, what we provided was identical to what they got from the measurements they took when they came to measure for the cutting templates.

They already had our deposit, and we were in a time crunch ... the rest of our reno would have been held up if we'd walked away. So, we agreed to pay the extra money. Also, when we asked them to re-confirm they could to the special preparation required for the outlets, Peter said they couldn't do what was required. All they could do is cut the round holes needed for the outlets ... they couldn't recess the back of the stone in the required manner. Our contractors thought they might be able to make it work in spite of StonePort not being able to do the proper fabrication, so we went ahead.

The installers were very professional, but the lack of proper templating for the backsplash made cutting the holes for the electrical outlets a very tricky task for them. It took the better part of a day just to install the backsplash, and we are not entirely happy with the results.

Would never use them again.

Teresa from Vaughan
Teresa from Vaughan
1 review Woodbridge, ON

Home reno

Stone Port provided amazing service in assisting with our huge Reno project. From our main entrance, to kitchen, to powder and laundry room, we choose a variety of beautiful tiles and mosaics from Stone Port. We came in with a vision and they really turned it into a reality! They were extremely helpful and patient in assisting us make choices, and eventually finalizing our design plans into our dream home! We are so pleased with their services and the quality of products, I will recommend Stone Port over and over again!

Kanwaljit from Brampton
Kanwaljit from Brampton

Main Floor Tiles

I moved into a new home about a year ago. Prior to moving in had found Stone Port and discussed the project of my home which included removal of old tiles, installation of 24 x 24 porcelain tiles in my kitchen, mudroom, bathroom and foyer + back splash.

The timing and service during installation was great; everything was done on time. The problem began about a year later when the grout has started to come out. Again, Van did come out and fix this personally. However, not a week later and the grout has started to come out from the same location, worse than it previously was. Trying to contact someone from the company has proven to be difficult as my email has not been returned and cannot be put through the phone.
Despite the quality of the material, timeliness of installation; I am very disappointed with the follow up.

Tim L from Markham
Tim L from Markham

Bathroom renovation

Hired a contractor to renovate all of our bathrooms. We went along Jane Street to see a number of tile stores. Most stores we walked into didn't have anyone we could talk to about our renovations. Very poor customer service. Anyways, we came across Stone Port and we were very happy with their selection and service. Maria helped us out with designing our bathrooms, and was very knowledgeable and took her time to explain everything to us. Great prices and service. Highly recommend to go visit them...beautiful showroom and lots of unique stuff.

Tracy H. from Markham
Tracy H. from Markham

New Home

We're building a home that is traditional in design and found Stone Port through their involvement with the Princess Margaret Lottery Home. We visited their showroom and found many unique products that we couldn't find anywhere else. Their staff was very knowledgeable and courteous and put together a design package for the entire home that saved us quite a bit of money. We bought several marble inlays to be installed throughout our home and we are very happy. This is a great place to visit and get ideas and advice.

Marilyn from Markham
Marilyn from Markham

Front Entrance

I hear of their radio advertisement and went to their showroom, along with a couple of other tile stores. Stone Port has a beautiful showroom where I saw so many marble inlays on display. Their staff was very helpful and were able to design the front entrance with a marble inlay and marble tile. I am very happy with their service and was given contractor pricing that made everything fit within my budget. I recommend them highly for their service and unique products.

Milo Vansen from Toronto
Milo Vansen from Toronto

Office floor tile

Good and professional company. A liitle bit on the pricey side, but I was recommended to them by a friend. Satisfied with the work. Quality of their tiles could improve, I have seem some fabulous material at other tiles retailers.

eleanor from Mississauga
eleanor from Mississauga

Basement reno

We bought our fireplace wall tiles from Stoneport. The service was excellent, and the price was very reasonable. We got our tiles on sale, which was an added bonus. I would recommend them and use them again.

June in Mississauga
June in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Thanks for your help

Stone Port was recommended by a friend for good value. I found excellent value and service for my kitchen renovation project . I will use them again and recommend them to others.

More about Stone Port

Stone Port is a tile & stone retailer and a tile & stone contractor. This is the place to start your plan for that kitchen or bathroom renovation. Stone Port is a floor retailer that has many different types of porcelain and ceramic tiles, natural stone tiles like marble, granite, ...