Langlade's Modern Masters

Furniture Refinish & Repair
45-B Karen Walk Waterloo ON
HomeStars  >  Furniture Refinish & Repair in Waterloo  >  Langlade's Modern Masters

Reviews for Langlade's Modern Masters

Great help getting home ready for market

Can't thank the Langlade team enough for there accomplishments at my former rental house that was completely torn up by the tenants and their horrendous dogs. I found them to be a good family based company that worked tirelessly to try to get it done and ready for market when I needed. Considering all the extras that I asked for along the way, completion was close to what I had hoped. The refinish on the near destroyed pine floor itself, was worth its weight in gold. Owning my own company, I attempt to get it done for my customers and I felt they did well to tend to my home with respect to my schedule and requests. As I tell my customers, "This isn't a loaf of bread, won't be ready in 10 minutes!!
I would definitely refer this company to my customers and friends.
Timothy A

Brook M in Kitchener
Brook M in Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Painting kitchen cabinets

Terrible experience.. they had my cabinets for over two weeks and it was still a rushed job, owner hasn't returned my key yet been 4 months, owner had a list of wants and he couldn't deliver on a few wants from the me (the customer). The painting was maybe 3/10. Found it funny the owner handed me a list of wants but couldn't deliver one thing on time. STAY AWAY

I tried to reply to this a while back but Im not very good with anything online or that doesnt have hinges and paint. I am sorry we did lose your key Brook when we moved our shop and offices. I did offer to pay for new locks on several occasions? I was surprised you posted this complaint four months after paying us in full and after my offer? If the paint suddenly failed after that four months I would be happy to redo the kitchen for you. Thank you for the post.

Carter Beirnes in Guelph
Carter Beirnes in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Kitchen Install

When I first started to deal with Shane (owner) I thought that I was dealing with a professional and experienced company that would be good to work with. Nothing could be further from the truth . Something as simple as a tear out and replace turned out to be a six week night mare . Installers seemed to have little experience . Everything seemed to be guess work. They were always late showing up or not cumming at all even after saying they would be here the next day. Mean while I am sitting waiting for them to show up . This happened several times during the ordeal of this install . The only part that went on time was the sub trades that don't work for Modren Masters . My under cabinet lights the on off switch is held in place with duct tape very professional ! Would I recommend this company NOT TO MY WORST ENEMY ! I am still waiting for them to do the final touch ups.

This review haunts me. The truth be told he is 100% correct. I met Mr. Beirnes and enjoyed working with him and planning his kitchen including trips from Guelph to Kitchener picking tile and detailing out his kitchen plans. However at that time my business had become too large too fast. I can blame the staff for the poor service and I do know that my wishes were not being respected by my staff at that time but I know that ultimately it was my business and Mr. Beirnes suffered terrible service from my business at that time. It was only a week after this that I pulled the plug and let 20 staff go.

Today the business is just myself and my wife and we work with other tradespeople most of whom are family or at least known for many years.

I had thought I had replied to this some time ago but again, I am not very internet savvy. I had been upset with Homestars thinking I could not reply to these posts and thought that only the Clients could post on here. I am so delighted today to find that I can reply to these posts and especially to this one.

I would be grateful for a chance to speak with Mr. Beirnes or to at least offer my sincere apologies here to him in person. If he would have me over, I would be very happy to have another coffee and perhaps find some project to do for him to earn a reconciliation if time or circumstances have not closed that door.

I am truly sorry for the trouble you went through at that time.

Dianne in Cambridge
Dianne in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Refinishing of Cabinets and some trim alterations

Shane(owner)is very knowledgeable, experienced and creative. Chris the salesman came out to visit first. He was easy to like and work with and no pressure. The main finisher (Jeremy)is very experienced and paid good attention to detail. I did ask him to re-coat one section that looked a little thin and there was no trouble with taking care of it.

Some of the other staff did not seem to know what was going on when I asked them a question but overall the job was done on time and looks great and I did get the feel of a brand new kitchen for about a third the price of the new one I had estimates for. I talked with Shane about this in the end and did refer them to my brother who says he had a very good experience.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a kind review. Satisfied folks generally and understandably move on past the renovation and it is usually when we have had a poor experience that we might go the route to post a bad review so it is certainly an effort to write this and I am so very grateful for it.

I love what we do and I love to see people getting great value and pleasure out of a job finely done. Sometimes I have dropped the ball and lost someone's key or maybe I have irritated a systematic person being the opposite and artsy craftsy but my business is complicated and I have found it works best with a subjective approach. I dont know anyone else that offers the scope of kitchen renos and reworks that we do.

Modern Masters
Modern Masters
1 review Cambridge, ON

kitchen renovation

Salesman was excellent, they offered a good service at a good price. However, some of the workmen were not of the quality expected. They were finished in the time promised but had to return four times to correct/finish off agreed work. They were friendly and trustworthy but some of the team they sent were not prepared and had little or no expertise to complete the job correctly.

All True. This is the first point at which we began to interview and hire and build a team that ultimately was not as good an idea as it seemed at this point 8 years ago. Live and learn. I was not on the jobs as much as I had been before this point. Thank you for the post. i remember your kitchen well.