Mattresses

sabina1512 from Calgary
sabina1512 from Calgary

Mattress & Sales Person & Cusotmer Service

Buying the mattress:

The sales person Neal, was just trying to make a sale and nothing else. I was with my husband on the store twice, before making the purchase. He advised us to purchase the 90 nights guarantee in order to be able to RETURN the product in case it did not work for us.

Delivery:

The delivery person came and brought the mattress upstairs, put the matress on the bed, saw that is 5 cm smaller than the bed, said "Weird!" and told me to contact Customer Service because I have the 90 nights guarantee. He did not tell the store people or his supervisor that he had an unhappy customer and that the mattress is not fitting the bed.

Customer Service:

I called Customer Service and they did not want to talk to me until the 14th day. On the 14th day, I am calling again and I am told that the mattress can be only EXCHANGED and not RETURNED. I guess the sales person was playing with words just to make a sale!

After Delivery and Customer Service: - On the 14th day, after talking with Customer Service I get back to the store and the Sales person, is swearing that he used the word EXCHANGE and not RETURN. I was on the store with my husband and he heard the same word RETURN. The only option in order to return the product, is to pay a 25% restocking fee. Pay attention as this store is trying to make a living from the restocking fee.

Sabryna from Calgary
Sabryna from Calgary

New Sectional

My husband and I bought a sectional from Ashley Furniture last year - it is currently 14 months old, and is in awful shape. The cushions are sagging, the material looks old and worn. I purchased the extended warranty, but Ashley Furniture is unwilling to do anything to remedy the situation. I will never spend another dime in this store. My couch won't last until the 5 year warranty is up. Horrible, horrible product and customer service.

Calgary Lady
Calgary Lady

Counter Height dining room chairs

I ordered these chairs in the middle of November, they're lovely looking but cheaply made - they fit my small budget. The sales guy was really nice, I picked them up in the beginning of December they were relatively easy to put together. A little finicky but I got them not to wobble in the end.
One chair came with no stretcher bars. They'd split the package in the warehouse and didn't put all of the parts back in the box they gave me. Then 4 cushions were completely flat, it felt like you were falling through the chairs. It took 1.5 months to get the stretcher bars in and the cushions. Then a 2 week wait for the installation date, then no one came. Apparently he'd closed the order by accident.
When he came a week later he only had 1 cushion with him. The next time he came he had everything except for the stretcher bars they ordered were for the wide 2 person bench, not the chair. Now it's February 10, 3 months after ordering these chairs and we still are missing 1. My husbands 45th birthday is on the 21st and I've asked them to just give me a chair from the showroom, anything. It's not like we can just wheel a computer chair up to a counter height dining room chair! Fatel, this guy on the customer service line says they have to order the bar in from China and it'll take more time. I ask to speak to his supervisor, he refused to pass the phone stating that everything he's told me is correct. I'm now dealing with the store manager, awaiting his call back. I do not recommend buying furniture from Ashleys. The tables are all laminate tops so when you get 1 scratch in them they're done. We had ours custom made by a local artist for the same price Ashely wanted. It's solid hardwood so we can sand & restain at any time. The chairs & benches are unfortunate, we wanted backs to them as this is counter height and it was hard to find cushioned chairs with backs at that height. But we're tall and wanted counter height, and LOVE the look. Completely changes the attitude of the room from small child like dining room to adult space (where kids can still be). Only regrets are spending money at Ashely. What a nightmare, customer service rep Fatel was ta typical male know-it-all.

Steph G.
Steph G.

Bedroom furniture

Beware!! Ashley Furniture's service department is terrible!! We had bedroom furniture delivered and they made 17 dents and scrapes in our wall paint (it was a brand new house!!!). When I called to bring it up they said it was "not their problem"! After 3 weeks of fighting they told me they had to fix it because "when people are as relentless as me, they have not choice." It was such crap!! They finally sent a painter but there is still damage that they refused to look after!! There was also a lot of damage to the furniture itself! I wouldn't order ANYTHING from Ashley again due to the damage, rudeness and need to fight for proper service. CHECK YOUR HOME AFTER DELIVERY!!!

carlos from Calgary
carlos from Calgary

Bed

Horrible customer service and even worst delivery service. False commitments by store manager. No coordination between store and warehouse. Rude behavious (on phone) by dispatch/warehouse person. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

Slavyanka from Calgary
Slavyanka from Calgary

Purchasing a new dining set

We were on the market for buying a new dining set for our new house. Everywhere we looked we couldn't find what we were looking for. A stable dining set in a normal price. We found the last set At Ashley Furniture. We had specificly asked for delivery on the date we got our possession of the new house. Ane we got it. The delivery went smooth and on time - no issues. I was able to celebrate my birthday the first day we moved to the new house with the new dining set. What can you ask for?

Cynthia in Calgary
Cynthia in Calgary
10 reviews CALGARY, AB

New sofa and dining table

403-301-0100
88 Heritage Gate SE
Calgary
AB

This home store is a well priced place to purchase furniture. They have a wide selection, much of it is traditional styles, but they are starting to introduce a modern line geared for condo living.
I purchased a cheaper dining room table and sofa here, which was initially quite frustrating. The sales people here do work on comission, so while they do try to be helpful, they don't hesitate to pick up another customer who looks to be spending more. I found it hard to take my time in deciding and to ask questions when my sales person would disappear.
So far the quality has held up. I know there's a number of terrible reviews on Ashley online, which had me apprehensive at first, but I generally take care of my stuff, and 1 year into my purchase, everything is holding up fine (especially for the price!)

1 review ,

dining room table and chair

I loved that they had free drinks, a coffee bar. they were helpful but not too pushy, available when I needed them. Not overbearing at all. They had a good selection and I'm happy with the quality of the products. I don't know what the home delivery was like but I took it home myself.