Vandermeer Nursery & Garden Centre

Reviews for Vandermeer Nursery & Garden Centre

Kim in Ajax
Kim in Ajax
7 reviews Ajax, ON

|Vandermeer Nursery....excellent place for all your gardening needs!!!!

I have been shopping at Vandermeer's for many years. This is my go to place for all my gardening needs. The plant selection and most important the plant quality is excellent.

I appreciate their friendly and knowledgeable staff

Their return policy for plants is wonderful...but I must say I have not had to return
many.

Natasha@home
N. A.
18 reviews Pickering, ON

Great Selection & Grown Locally

Vandermeer Nursery has supplied the vast majority of the plants I've put into my garden project... done over a period of the past 12 months. They sell good quality plants and have a wide selection for all your needs - their system will tell you which are shade/sun/butterfly garden friendly/native. Their prices are average but the quality is better than average. I've tested their return policy with a couple of items after this past brutal winter and they cheerfully provided a credit (keep your receipt and return the dead plant) ... and 18 months is significant for a return policy!

You will have better results because they source locally - what that means is that the plant you buy is grown in Ontario and won't easily go into shock or die when winter comes. I've recently learned that big box stores import plants from the US so the first cold winter they have is in your garden... much higher failure rate! When you're buying perennials, shrubs, and trees, that matters more than you imagine.

tundeigli
tundeigli
6 reviews Ajax, ON

flowers and trees

Got several flowers and trees from this location. Service was excellent. One of the ladies who works there explained to me the difference between certain flowers and how to care for them. She also gave me tips on making sure the perennials survive the winter. Garden turned out lovely and the flowers survived the winter.

Bella in Ajax
Bella in Ajax
5 reviews Ajax, ON

Indoor plants

Lovely selection of tropical indoor plants. A good selection of vegetables and a descent variety of trees. Also a very good birding centre with seed, and accessories. Unfortunately I've had no luck with the tropical plants due to the palm parasites.

Galadriel in Mississauga
Galadriel in Mississauga
5 reviews Scarborough, ON

Garden supplies

I love this garden centre. They have excellent service and quality merchandise at reasonable prices.

Sometimes we will go there just for a "breath of spring" in the middle of winter. There's always something different.

I love it when they also have the pet adoption services etc.
Keep up the good work

Dan Woods in Scarborough
Dan Woods in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

New garden

Vandermeer Nursery and Garden Centre is one of those old time stores where everyone is very knowledgeable about their product. I have dropped by to just ask questions and the sales people are more than happy to provide free advice. I buy all my garden flowers, and bushes from this store.

Craig in Scarborough
Craig in Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Pond Maintenance

The folks at Vandemeer are great for asking about anything to do with Ponds. We have been going there for years (since Picov's disappeared). The staff is alway helpful with any questions - the variety and price of the water plants is very competitive and they have some of the nicest fish (KOI) that we have seen around - just got 2 new additonal fish last fall for our pond and they are happy and healthy after hibernating for the winter

David H. Burton in Whitby
David H. Burton in Whitby
16 reviews WHITBY, ON

Tree planting

We've bought plants at Vandermeer's for a number of years as well as Christmas trees. A few years ago we bought a birch tree for the front of the house and had them plant it. Not only did they come the next day, but they really took the time to make sure they planted it where we wanted it and were happy with it. That tree is thriving in the front yard and looks amazing. Will definitely be buying trees from the again in the future.

liana in Oshawa
liana in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

plants & landscaping supplies

The staff are knowledgeable and can advise on the best product for the job.
Reasonable prices and largest selection of plants and trees in the ares.
Kellen works in the perennials and was a excellent source of knowledge.