Sears Home

Reviews for Sears Home

Mel from Calgary
Mel from Calgary

Washer/Dryer purchase, delivery, installation

I purchased a Kenmore washing machine from Sears Home in Calgary, Ab August 31, 2014. We had issues with the delivery (it took 3 sets of delivery men to install the washer/dryer stack unit). We ended up not having to pay for the delivery. The unit was damaged during the install so we were credited 10% (I believe). Further to these issues, the installation was botched, the hose was not attached to the drain unit behind the washing machine and flooded - damaging floor, basement below and a large solid wood cupboard. Our insurance company was called and we had eveything fixed through insurance. Sears delivery people, B & N Delivery Service, paid our $1000 insurance deductable. All repair work was completed by October 2015.

About 3 months ago, February 2016, we noticed the washing machine was leaking. The problem was diagnosed as the boot kit on April 16. We did some research as to how to fix it and realized it was outside of our ability. I called the Sears Repair number on May 10, 2016 and asked what the cost to repair this would be. I was told I needed to have someone come and diagnose the issue at a cost of $85.00, the part would be $250.99 and the labour cost was $135.00/hour. My calculations show that the cost to me to repair my 1 yr, 8 month old washing machine would be between $470 and $605. I paid $879.99 +GST. I spoke to a manager, Carol, and wondered if Sears or Kenmore or Electrolux was willing to stand behind their product. Carol informed me that Electrolux was the manufacturer and Sears did not deal with manufacturing issues only service and repair. She was unable to provide me with Electrolux's contact information. I got off the phone with Carol and called Electrolux and was informed that they make the Kenmore product specifically for Sears and do not deal with customers - that I needed to call Sears. I called Carol back...(or rather left a message and she returned the call). She explained to me again that there was nothing more she could do for me other than book a service call. She informed me that because I opted not to buy the extended coverage of $350.00 at the time of purchase, I had no other option than to pay for the repair.

I have purchased many products from many companies and some companies stand behind their products and services. This whole washing machine purchase has been one problem after another. It upsets me that after paying good money for the washing machine I have had nothing but problems - fromdelivery, to installation, to quality of the product. Our $879.00 +GST washing machine continues to cost us money. Sears has Electrolux make Kenmore appliances for them, somehow assumes the responsibility for the manufacturing of the product but does not disclose this to the customer. Instead Sears 'blames' the manufacturer for the less than satisfactory product. It is all very difficult to understand. In each instance along this process, I have been given the run-around by Sears. This is the delivery people's issue, this is the manufacturer's issue, now it is my issue that a product they sell pretty much needs to be replaced, considering the cost of the repair.

Kyle from Calgary
Kyle from Calgary

Mattress

So sad. I tried to buy a mattress set from Sears Home. They will only schedule a delivery in a 5 hour window so I waited for half a day only to be told after I called them that my delivery had been cancelled because the product had not been delivered to their warehouse. So I called back and rescheduled for a week and half later. Then the night before my scheduled delivery they called to say the product had again not been delivered, they were cancelling the delivery and that the store would call to set up another day. They didn't, so I went back to the store to either get a firm date or get my money back. At the store, I met the same saleslady who seemed surprised to see me. She took me to her manager who with the help of an admin person behind the desk determined that my sale had not been "ordered". So basically they took my money and booked my delivery, but forgot to order the product. How this is possible when everything is computerized in 2014, I'm not sure. They offered me a $100 discount but couldn't give me a delivery window smaller than 5 hours. I told them to cancel the order since I could afford another half day off work waiting around for a delivery. I feel really bad for Sears. They used to be experts in catalog sales and were not a bad place for the middle class to shop. But now they are in a death spiral. Their call centre is in the Philippines, which is why they were useless, and their delivery is contracted out too. I doubt they will still be in business in 6 months.

Sharon from Calgary
Sharon from Calgary

Purchased appliances for new home

When our home was destroyed by fire, we had to rebuild and then purchase all new appliances. I knew what I wanted and searched online plus in several stores to compare prices. It was a real education. After looking at videos online, I visited the Sears Home store in Brentwood and found an excellent and knowledgeable salesman who took lots of time to answer all of my questions and educate me as it had been quite a while since I had bought appliances. Not only was he awesome, he price matched every item and gave me the best deal in Calgary. I'm a good shopper and he exceeded all of my expectations. I would definitely go back again to purchase appliances at Sears and recommend my salesman to everyone. He was awesome.

Robyn Ivany from Calgary
Robyn Ivany from Calgary

appliances

I bought my new dishwasher at this location. I sales are excellent and I enjoyed the overall experience. Helpful salesman and good overall service. I would shop here again. With Sears you just have to watch for sales.

RP in Calgary  in Calgary
RP in Calgary in Calgary

Installed garage roof

There was many errors in installing the tar paper and shingles. There was bumps and ridges in the shingles. Very poor service in trying to get the work redone it took exactly one year to get it fixed after I sent a letter to head office. If your planning on getting work done by sears always check the subcontractors that they are using.

Loraine in Glenbrook
Loraine in Glenbrook

Roof and windows

I've done several projects with Sears and I've always been very satisfied. I can pay in installments with no interest and when I got quotes they were in line - most companies wanted the money up front.