Emerald Tile & Marble

Reviews for Emerald Tile & Marble

Km in Ottawa
Km in Ottawa

Terrible Customer Service

After trying since November 2017 to get Emerald Tile to repair or replace a piece of granite countertop (that I had purchased from them), in May 2018 I gave up and turned to another granite company in Ottawa for assistance. What a difference in customer service! The other company came to my home, assessed the problem, provided a solution and repaired the countertop at a minimal cost. Why couldn't Emerald Tile have done this? The customer service at Emerald Tile is terrible!

Jim CBJ in San Francisco
Jim CBJ in San Francisco
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Good Experience

Recently bought hardwood and tile at several locations to finish the basement ourselves in our newly purchased custom home. Emerald was great from start to finish. Had a pricing problem initially and an availability conflict with our tile, but they were quick to resolve both. Would def recommend them to others. Thanks guys. - Jim

Lisa in Toronto
Lisa in Toronto

Please go elsewhere

What can I say, they absolutely ruined our reno and cause us so much stress. The money we spent on both our bathrooms should have given us gorgeous counters but we ended up with so many screw-ups and a botched installation on top of a horrible cover-up job. They just don't care. I wish I'd read reviews before going here, what a disaster. Too many other great companies in this city. Never again!

lisap in Markham
lisap in Markham

What a disaster!

RP in Ottawa
RP in Ottawa

Terrible Service and Stall tactics

As others have said, they have terrible service and use stall tactics.

After ordering several products over the years from Emerald (with fair service), we've had the worst experience with them on this most recent purchase. After placing an order for tiles which we were told would take at most 1 week to come in, we are now at nearly 3 weeks and not only still waiting for the tile, but cannot get a straight answer from the sales person ("showroom manager") as to the status of our order. Not only does she rarely follow up when she says she will (we are always calling or emailing her asking for yet another update), her story constantly changes. First she couldn't get an answer from the distributer. Next, she tells us that our order is being held up because the purchaser is waiting for another client to confirm their order because the purchaser wants to save the $75 per shipment from the distributer. Then she can't get an answer from the purchaser if the order has even been placed or when it will arrive. Then she needs to hear from the accountant...

We've been given the runaround for 3 weeks. We finally got a refund for our order and went straight to the supplier with ZERO hassle. Clearly it has nothing to do with the supplier, but everything to do with Emerald (or at least the Showroom Manager who is terrible at her job).

There are lots of other tile companies in Ottawa with excellent service. Stay away from Emerald. They seem great and helpful and then don't deliver. Save your sanity and go elsewhere.

TheTruthComesOut from Embrun
TheTruthComesOut from Embrun
1 review Embrun, ON

Granite countertop

Their scheduling was terrible. We selected a slab. A remnant. It looked fine when we went to view it. But when it was installed (finally) I noticed it had been broken right where the sink is and they patched it up probably when they cut the sink out. We signalled this to them.they sent someone who only looked at the surface made no comment and left. Then they told us they wouldn't do anything about it. I just wish they would have owned up to this incident. The counter is beautiful but their after sales service sucks. They could have offered us a discount. Instead they are loosing more sales because we will not buy from them again and will spread the word about this poor service. Their loss, looks like they are loosing grounds with other unlucky patrons.

José1990 from Ottawa
José1990 from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Granite countertops

In January 2015, we purchased granite countertops for our new kitchen. At first everything went well our sales person (I will not mention her name because I don’t think she is at fault here), she was very professional and kind, they told us to go and visit a few granite wholesalers and we stopped our decision with Center Stone. About a week later we were called to view the slab before cutting, and then they told us that they would contact us with regards to the installation date. It was done in a timely manner.
At the installation we noticed a cutting mistake they cut an ogee edge where it was to be a straight cut against a cabinet. I called them and sent pictures they confirmed that it was a cutting mistake and agreed to fix the problem, they then called us to give us 3 options: 1. They would replace the whole counter top, 2. They would make a cut and glue a piece with a straight edge, 3. They offered us $400 to keep it the way it is, which I believe it’s shameful after spending over $6,000. It was never a question of money for us.
Meanwhile our kitchen renovation was at a stall. It took another 5 weeks before the counter tops were replaced. During that time my calls to the owner were never answered. They would take my name and tell me that he was not available and would call me as soon as possible. To this day I am still waiting. At one point they had our granite slab at the shop for at least 2 weeks, but for some reason, they did not contact us to view it. I believe it was a stall tactic, and I was very frustrated. They even told the granite wholesaler Center Stone not to talk to us directly we would have to go through Emerald Tile for informations!
Because of this delay our kitchen renovation took almost 11 weeks to be completed, instead of 6 to 7 weeks. It took a toll in all of my family.
Emerald Tile and Marble is an extremely frustrating company to deal with when there is problems. I personally think it’s the ownership that has a lack of leadership and respect for people like me that put our trust in companies like Emerald Tile and Marble. We put our money and faith in you and you disappoint us. There is an absence of communication between sales and production, and the employees seem to be in an unfortunate situation stuck in a rut. However, our last installer was very knowledgeable and they should certainly have more installers like him.

Jon T from Ottawa
Jon T from Ottawa
1 review Greely, ON

tile

Ordered and paid for 8 pieces of tile trim to be delivered from California. Told it would be 2 weeks. 2 months later, after many untruths and stall tactics, still no product. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Kathy from Ottawa
Kathy from Ottawa
4 reviews Stittsville, ON

new home build

I purchased most of the tiles for my new home from Emerald Tile. Their selection was amazing! One tile more beautiful than the next. The staff was very friendly, always available to answer any questions that I had. They where extremely helpful in ensuring that they had enough product in stock and that it would be delivered in a timely manner. Emerald Tile was truly a pleasure to work with.

Jill & Joe from Ottawa
Jill & Joe from Ottawa

granite countertops

We ordered from Emerald following recommendation from a friend. We are delighted with the service, measuring and installation. We were late ordering our stove and therefore required an extra small piece of granite and Emerald really tried hard to find a piece to match the rest. We are delighted with our granite and our thanks to Miquel, Troy and the rest of the staff for their help. We will certainly be back when we move on to renovate our bathroom.