Brick The

George D from Calgary
George D from Calgary

The Brick on Macleod Trail

Worst customer service and Store Manager

We bought a few items from the Brick and generally were happy until our love seat frame broke. Since we bought the extended 5 years warranty (by the way no one in store will tell you that you will wait 3 months for repair). I called the Brick on McLeod Trail and was given a number to call. They gave gave me a ticket number and was told that someone will be in touch with 48-72 hours, 2 weeks passed and no one called, finally the third week the repairman called and set up an appointment 8 days from the time he called. He arrived at the house and stated that the frame is broken and a part is needed, he will order it today and should take two weeks, this was late March. Two weeks passed and finally on May 13th, we were in Victoria and a message was left on my cell that the part shipped and should have it within 3-5 days. No part arrived, I called again, and the worst customer service person you could imagine was questioning why would they tell me it takes two weeks when in actuality parts take 90 days. I said I wish someone would say that when they sell you the warranty. She stated that the part actually should be in soon hopefully in two weeks. End of June I called and spoke to a woman with British accent who stated that the part is now back ordered till July 9th, if part is not in by then, she will replace the love seat, I asked her to email me a confirmation but never received anything. Finally the part showed up but repairman didn't. I called on the 15th, again a woman from New Brunswick stated that you should hear from repairman within 48 hours. A week later still no call. I called and was promised someone will follow up. No follow up again. I went personally to the store and spoke to the customer service supervisor who promised to send an email and advise us. didn't hear from her either. I called yesterday, Daniel he promised to let me know by 1 pm mountain time. no call. I called the store and asked to speak to the store manager, was told not in, however will give supervisor my number to call me. No call.
I called again this morning and was told store manager is on a conference call, and was told that she will have the supervisor call me, I told her that you said same thing yesterday and no call, she stated that she did give her the number and it is up to her to call. I stated that I will hold for the store manager, after several minutes, they told me that they will leave him a message to call and same for supervisor. This behaviour from the Brick is very shameful as I know I will not be getting a call from either. I tried asking the sales people for help, but all I got talk to customer service ,which in itself is an oxymoron since they provide none. Obviously I will never buy anything at the Brick because of all the above, a phone call from the supervisor or manager would have gone a long way but I guess all they are interested is selling more extended warranties that in reality are useless since they take too long. They should and try to emulate Future shop's warranty. You take the broken item and they immediately replace it.

Shirley Brink from Calgary
Shirley Brink from Calgary

Whirlpool

We are building a new home, and needed appliances. Wayne Wren was very helpful and knowledgeable. Was able to purchase what we needed and wanted. Paid attention to detail and listened to our needs.

Jessica in Calgary
Jessica in Calgary

delivery

we agreed to pay to have our appliances delivered. We were told this would include removal of our old appliances and unpacking and placing the new appliances in their location. Needless to say, neither happened. When we called the Brick to discuss this, they told us that there was an additional $26 per appliance to have them removed. When we authorized the payment they told us we would have to come into the store to make the additional payment. They would not take a credit card nor add the charge to our brick account. We were left to put the old appliances in our garage and install the new appliances on our own. This is not what we were lead to understand and were very dissatisfied with their delivery service.

Bobbi in Chestermere
Bobbi in Chestermere
6 reviews Chestermere, AB

Trump Firm Mattress

Bought the Trump firm mattress on Promotion and waited for delivery (wasn't told that till after sale of course). UPon pickup and set up in bedroom, found that mattress was the same mattress as selected but the firmness was nothing close to the mattress selected in the store. Upon conversation with the Brick, I have been told to give it a chance to soften up before I return it. It'll have to soften a lot!!!! Wish me luck!!!

Ron in Cochrane
Ron in Cochrane
4 reviews ,

Mattress

We purchased a new mattress from this location. The mattress is excellent but the service terrible. It started out OK but when we purchased it, the salesperson said to call him with any questions. I left several messages for him because I realized after we paid, he did not ask me if we wanted the regular or low profile version of the mattress. We needed low profile. I then contacted a customer service person there who was excellent and corrected the order before delivery. It was correct when it arrived. I would not return because of the salesperson. I felt that once he had our money, he was done with us despite his offer to call him. Since buying the mattress, they now use an auto-dial service to call us at home to sell us more stuff. I do not appreciate that at all and will never buy from the Brick again because of it.

Jolene in Calgary
Jolene in Calgary

dishwasher purchase

They had a good selection of products. However, I found the salesman to be pushy and a bit aggressive. It's like they hang out in groups and pounce on you! I didn't like that very much. I turned me off. So after some comparison shopping, I finally bought a dishwasher from The Brick because it was the best price. And unfortunately we did not get to buy the dishwasher at the NE location. We had to go all the way to the SE location. That was very inconvenient.