Mother's Choice One Stop Baby Shoppe

Ash from Ajax
Ash from Ajax
8 reviews Ajax, ON

Stroller Purchase

I walked into the Kennedy location on a whim and thought it looked like a wonderful place to shop. Immediately pounced on by Juanita as I was browsing. I explained I was due in 2 months and wanted a particular Peg stroller and was told it would absolutely arrive in time and I bought and paid for it without a thought.

Due date was fast approaching and still no delivery, so called the store and was told it would be in 2 days after my due date. Fine, I could make do for a couple days. That day came and went and still no stroller. Finally called Peg at their customer service number and found out the store already knew what I had ordered would not arrive for an additional 2 months! What a great saleswoman Juanita is. She only cares about making the sale, not about misleading customers! NEVER again will I set foot there. They give Peg and any other brand they carry a bad name!

Thornhill in Fort erie
Thornhill in Fort erie
1 review ,

Never purchase a thing from this store

Do not be deceived by the saleperson there.
We were expecting our first child on July 30 2011, so I have been shopping around for Dutailier gliders for sometimes since March/April 2011. So everytime I go into a store, I asked can it be delivered before July 30? I was at the store on May 30 and again asked the sales the actual deliver date. The sale rep, Liz, said Dutailier production will shut down for the month of July so if I want I really have to make decision right away in order to receive before the expected due date. They would also check with Dutalier and let me know.
I never receive a call from them!! Everytime I have to call in and get someone to check the order. Even then, they put all responsibility on Dutailier and telling me nothing they can control; it all depends on the manufacturer.
I called again on Aug 8, the answer is ready to ship. Today, Aug 13, they told me its not shipping out yet. They will call me Aug 16 to let me know. The sales person keeping referring July shut down and that is why the chair is not there. However, that was not what she said at time of purchase. She said if she put in the order now, May 30, it will be ready before July 30. Even on the receipt, it has written down allow 6-8 weeks for availability.
Still don't know when it will be here.
Overall, I say STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE. The customer service is bad, the communication is bad and the sales tactic is wrong.

Elani in North york
Elani in North york
1 review York, ON

Purchased nursery furniture, stroller and car seat

Hello! I would like to thank Kim and Juanita for their excellent customer service and patience with me during my pregnancy! I ordered furniture from another baby store(baby's Room) and they did not provide my order after 8 weeks of holding my money! I walked into Mother's Choice on Kennedy road with a friend who has shopped here for her kids. The staff was very knowledgable and was able to offer a HUGE discount on furniture that I received in 3 weeks as promised. i also purchased a Peg-Perego Skate and car seat from Juanita. The car seat arrived but the stroller was delayed several times from Peg-Perego! At 1st I thought the store was not up-front but after calling Peg-Perego many times and speaking to a woman named Tonie I realized Mother's Choice was only telling me what they were told! I called Juanita and explained my baby was coming in 2 days and I had no stroller!!! Mother's Choice staff was so kind to me. they delivered and set-up a stroller on loan to my house!!! They even added a cute teddy bear congratulating me on my baby's birth. They have followed up with updates on my original order 2 times since. I am happy to see the concern & consideration that the staff showed. Their quick responce to my needs and the needs of my child are greatly appreciated. I will return for future purchases and recommend this store to many others.

Maria in Scarborough
Maria in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Purchase of Stroller

Wow, I am astonished at how this store dealt with my purchase of a Peg Perego stroller. Terrible customer service. They were so eager to sell the stroller and appeared very knowledgable. However, I had to pre-pay for the entire stroller (this should have been a red flag)and when the stroller was delayed in being shipped they gave me the run around with several variations of a similar story.

I bought the stroller in Dec. and was told it would arrive in Feb. I had my baby in March and was told not to worry as I would get a loaner stroller if it wasn't in by the time I had the baby- that didn't happen. I had my baby, still no stroller.

I changed the order since I found out by calling Peg Perego directly they did have the stroller in a different colour. I decided to go with this colour as I gathered Mother's Choice seems very unrealiable and I questioned getting a stroller from them at all. It seemed since they had my $800 they didn't care AT ALL. It wasn't until I called Peg Perego directly where I received the 'true'story about what was happening with these strollers and they told me they would not be ready until the summer -late in July at the earliest. I was given no compensation and what bothers me the most is the run around and the dishonesty from them. They had no concern for a new mother with a two day old baby and no consideration for time lines. In this I mean, they said they would call, didn't call, they said they would deliver the stoller, still no phone call. It was only when I was really upset on the phone and I HAD to call them did they call me.

Dealing with this store was a big mistake. There are so many other baby stores out there that have offered me such satisfaction in customer service, its unfortunate I ended up with Mother's Choice on Kennedy Road in Scarborough.

Newby
Newby
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Baby "Gear" Furniture and other items

After trolling 5 baby stores & 3 department stores over 2 weeks, I walked into Mother's Choice a few weekends ago, expecting to look for the "perfect" stroller. A sales person named Kim asked to assist & I said "no" since every other store has pushed me to spend on things I didn't want. I listened as another girl helped others... I WAS IMPRESSED at her knowledge! She asked practical questions to help recommend the right "fit for your lifestyle" so I asked Kim to assist. I went in looking for a particular stroller that was $800 and left with a practical one at $430!!! WOW a store that helped me understand the products, not pushing the branding only!!! I've since called for advice on a high chair and returned to buy my furniture, which they gave a generous discouunt on! One thing though, if you are not looking for good quality items this is not the store fot you. The furniture I ordered was about $1500 for the set in other stores and I paid $1200. I went with furniture from Dutailier in REAL WOOD not the crap in department stores. I've recieved order updates from the store since. I am so thrilled that I found my ONE store to go to or call with questions or recommendations. I have raved about this place to every parent I meet! I guess the baby bump is the reason people share their experiences, so now i'm sharing mine!
Cheers