City Plumbing & Drains

416-466-1165
20 Harcourt Avenue
Toronto
M4K 1M5

Gus Kaspiris of City Plumbing & Drains did it again for my wife and me, both seniors.

In March 2016, Gus as referred by our roofing contractor friend, did an excellent, senior and community resident friendly, and very competitive priced plumbing job removing and replacing our broken kitchen sinks. Because I was impressed with Gus’ plumbing service and his honesty with his clients, motivated me to write a review of our service and cost satisfaction for and published by HomeStar then.

When installing a new kitchen sink for us in March 2016, he noticed that the hot water of our kitchen faucet was dripping a little then. He told me I could replace the cartridge which I could obtain for free by bringing the defective cartridge to Home Depot. And if we wanted to replace it with a new faucet, he told us we might consider the new Moen kitchen faucet with flexible, pullout faucet, which his family was happy with.

Lately, the hot water supply was leaking heavier no matter how we turn the hot water handle. Last June 23rd (Saturday) evening, I phoned Gus at his Cell phone, which he still received when it was already 9:35pm I introduced myself and refreshed his memory regarding the new kitchen sinks he installed for us in March 2016. When asked which was to go, Gus said, “honestly, if the old kitchen faucet is more than 10 years old and its plumbing is already rusty, it would be prudent to install a new faucet with pullout feature, reiterating how happy he and his family with this new Moen faucet. I told him his suggestion made sense and it’s also about time for my wife and me to treat ourselves with some luxury in life. We agreed as soon as we purchased a Moen faucet of our choice, for me just to give him a call, and he would come over as soon as his working schedule would permit.

On Monday, June 25, we bought a Moen Banbury 87017 (with pullout faucet) after receiving good advice from Home Depot’s Kitchen Designer. Around 4:00pm that afternoon, I gave Gus a call on his cell phone to let him know that my wife and I just bought a replacement kitchen faucet we discussed the evening of June 23. Because he was driving, he said he would give me a call that evening from home. And through to his word, around 8:00pm, I received a call from him, informing me that he could over to our place between 09:00AM and 11:00AM the following day, Tuesday, June 26, on his way to a major client job.

On Tuesday, June 16, around 9:30AM, Gus came with a burly but friendly assistant Mike.. Despite the space under the sink is cramped (typical old East York bungalow more than 65 years old), it was Gus who removed the old faucet, installed new water supply valves (hot and cold) because the old ones were not working anymore because they were rusty due to age). After widening the hole on the deck plate, he installed the new Moen Banbury single faucet, single handle and with pullout faucet, exactly similar to what Gus has at their house. After installation and testing, he showed me how to operate the new faucet, features of which would definitely make my wife happy.

Having done major (changing the household’s old GI pipes with copper pipes) and minor plumbing jobs myself in our place, I know a little about plumbing. But given my age, my chronic low back pain, my wife does not want me to do this kind of stuff anymore. Besides, I might not have all the right tools.

In less than an hour, Gus and Mike completed the job without sacrificing quality and to my complete satisfaction. They did not leave our place unless they were personally satisfied that there was no part leaking.

We did not discuss the labour cost when we were talking on the phone. I thought he would charge me over $200 because I myself had problems probing the plumbing connection on cramped space (with shelving) under the sink. But like in the past, he charged me less than this amount in consideration of my wife and I are seniors, a resident of East York (we’re the oldest living residents in our street), and repeat customers

I strongly vouch, therefore, once again for Gus' plumbing skills, friendliness, honesty, being considerate to senior's plumbing needs and not over charging them.

jimmie
jimmie

Installing a toilet

City re-installed our toilet after it had been removed for floor refinishing. Three weeks later we discovered that it had been slowly leaking. A technician from Mr. Rooter shook his head in disbelief when he saw the shoddy workmanship. The drywall and hardwood floor in the downstairhallway had to be replaced. The total cost was around $5000. City Plumbing wouldn't return messages and didn't even offer to pay the insurance deductible.