WestCoast Kids

Reviews for WestCoast Kids

adam.levine8 in Toronto
adam.levine8 in Toronto

BUYER BEWARE - DISHONEST STAFF

My wife and I bought a recliner floor model. We also felt ignored by the staff and it took close to an hour before someone would help us with our purchase.

We were unsure about purchasing a floor model, but ended up buying a top-of-the-line recliner with the Diamond Kote Protection plan. The staff member had sold us on this plan because it could provide 5 years coverage for any stains or tears on the recliner.

When I arrived to pick up the floor model it had been wrapped, but clearly no staff member did a once over. The chair was filthy and had gum stuck to the bottom of it. I also noticed a tear on the back of the chair so I reached out to West Coast Kids to have them set up the Diamond Kote service (you must go through WCK for this). This required going back and forth with their staff for 3-4 weeks before I was able to schedule someone to come in from Diamond Kote.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, the staff at West Coast Kids told me not to mention to Diamond Kote that I bought a floor model. This is because Diamond Kote's warranty doesn't cover floor model items. Furthermore, I was told that Diamond Kote won't come and clean the chair. This was the number one reason that we bought the service!

WHAT'S WORSE, I asked to speak with a Manager named Paula who was anything but helpful. She told us that she was the one who sold us the Diamond Kote plan and that she never mentioned that it would cover cleaning the chair. I wasn't surprised when I read the other Yelp reviews about the dishonesty at West Coast Kids. We will definitely be taking our registry somewhere else.

Ambermow
Ambermow

Incompetent staff

The process of ordering at this store is very frustrating. First the associate that helped us ordering a custom chair was very slow, did not seem to know what she was doing, and made multiple errors (including my name, address, and a couple product SKUs) that luckily I caught because I was so skeptical after watching her fumble through the order. Then once I finally received the chair and crib the delivery guys did not even have "assembly" on their form so even though I PAID for assembly clearly on the receipt, the store did not relay the correct information to them and just left everything unassembled in the nursery. Apparently I have to take it up with the store and who knows how long it will take for them to schedule coming back for assembly. They also undercharged me during one of the transactions and had to call me for additional payment days after I left the store. Overall, they are just extremely disorganized and I would not recommend them.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

How did this building pass inspection?

This store sells strollers-however a stroller cannot go inside. Actually I can go inside but it cannot pass the main floor which only sells strollers and highchairs. If you want to pay for a stroller or a highchair-you cannot access the cashier, Items on the main floor or anything on the top floor. I don’t know what kind of a building is no longer accessible for wheelchairs or strollers. Unacceptable. I purchased a towel-I would’ve looked around more but I was far too irritated about being confined to one floor. Luckily I had my husband with me-we were able to split up to pay.

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Baby stroller

I am extremely disappointed in Westcoastkids, Winnipeg. I pre-ordered a stroller in April. As the months past, the arrival date kept moving later and later. Baby, however, arrived on time. As I could see the stroller date moving later and later, I began calling the store and going there to inquire about the order. I was assured the stroller would be here and of course baby is now 2 weeks old and NO WCK's stroller. They simply blame Uppababy and that's the end of it. Fortunately, I soon knew that I couldn't trust their assurances so I called other Canadian baby stores that gave me honest, up-to-date information. The end result was that I called a "baby store" in Minneapolis. They were amazing. They had an order arriving and promised to call me as soon as they had the stroller in the store. Sure enough, they called, got my credit card number and the next day shipped the stroller to a parcel service near the Canadian border. We picked it up, cleared Customs and now baby is loving her UppaBaby Vista stroller. I went to WCK and got a refund. The person in charge avoided me and left it up to a salesperson to deal with me. I would sum up my WCK experience as totally unsatisfactory. Delays from suppliers can occur, but it's how you treat the customer that matters. Charging inflated prices and not providing honest customer service is unconscionable.

Amalia in Calgary
Amalia in Calgary

Terrible Store No Return Policy

We went into the store to buy a few things for our baby but the big purchase was a stroller. We were looking to buy both a regular stroller and an umbrella stroller. The staff was untrained and had no product knowledge whatsoever. Because of this we only bought one regular stroller. When we got home we noticed a manufacturer's defect in the stroller. The store refused to even give us an exchange and instead gave us the customer service number to the stroller company, telling us to order the broken part ourselves. When we asked for a refund the store manager was unbelievably rude and she told us that they never issue refunds. "It's not gonna happen," she said. Long story short ordered the broken part ourselves and are using the stroller which we love. We were planning on getting the Mountain Buggy Nano umbrella stroller and we found out we could order it directly from the Mountain Buggy website and they ship to Canada. We ordered the Nano from Mountain Buggy directly. We will never go to WestCoast Kids again. We were a loyal customer but we are fed up with that store's non existent return policy.

GW in Scarborough
GW in Scarborough

Very good service and great product selection!

My baby shower registry was with West Coast and I was very pleased with their product selection and knowledge. I am especially impressed at their customer service. More recently, I had a problem with one of their products and they immediately and pro-actively addressed the situation by replacing it. They truly do stand behind their products and go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Anna the manager is fantastic and even their delivery service led by Nick is all about customer satisfaction. I totally recommend West Coast Kids and will continue to shop there for years to come!

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Completely unorganized

The absolute worst in customer service and the website is a mess. An exciting event of being a mom to be should be exciting and fun, not anxiety-ridden and fristrating. From buying a crib that was already sold and couldnt be re-ordered, to being shown a car seat, which I also went to purchase but then was told wasn't available, to having a glitch in the website that caused the wrong address to keep being reverted as my shipping address (which meant that items my shower guests purchased were going to an address in British C0lumbia, not Ontario) BEWARE. There are so many other cute stores that aren't just a cash grab with cute stuff.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Customer Service

Customer Service is terrible. The staff try their best but what can they do when they have an awful manager. Gordana the manager is awful. I don't understand what the owners were thinking when they hired her. She is so rude, doesn't even want to help customers. Rachel the assistant manger on the other hand is awesome, so helpful, understands the customers well and respects her staff. Rachel deserves to be manager.

Private User reviews Saskatoon, SK

Don't buy things from them, you will regret it

We bought a stroller, which should contain a bag based on the WCK list. It turned out that it was a mistake that they made. After we open the box we realized it isn't there. And they refused to exchange/return it because it is an open box now. We wouldn't buy it if it doesn't contain the bag because the price will be way cheaper when buying a different color which also don't have the bag. So we have to pay off their mistake. The customer service was not nice, seems all blames on us that we opened the box. But who knows what is missing before you open the box? Also the box was very dirty, seems wet and got molds on it. Will never buy thing from them. Should check this website earlier.

Looking for Children's Furniture pros in Richmond?