West Coast Kids

Nicole in Mississauga
Nicole in Mississauga
1 review Richmond, BC

GOT STUCK WITH A CUSTOMS CHARGE WHEN I PLACED AN ORDER FOR PICKUP IN STORE

Think twice before buying from West Coast Kids!

I purchased a changing tray from Richmond Hill's West Coast Kids in August of 2018. They didn't have my product in store and said that they could place an order for me to pick it up in store. 2 months later.........I finally picked up the changing tray in store. After bringing it home, I found that the product has been damaged. I contacted the store and they tell me "no problem, we'll have another ordered and shipped directly to your address to avoid any inconvenience". A few weeks later, I started getting calls from UPS saying that I'm responsible for paying a customs charge upon deliver of the package. I then contacted West Coast Kids to tell them about the calls from UPS and the store tells me that this customs payment was not be my responsibility to pay, and that they would have it taken care of. I didn't hear back from the store after that. Weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from UPS saying that there is an outstanding amount for customs in my name. I followed up with the "supervisor" of the store to confirm if this payment has been made. She tells me that she's sure it was dealt with. I asked her to confirm. She said that she would definitely confirm and let me know. I heard nothing after that. Two days ago, I get a call from UPS stating that my customs payment has been overdue since DECEMBER 8, 2018. I called the store yet again to find out what was going on with this payment. I spoke with the manager of the store to solve this matter. She tells me that she will bring this issue to her head office and have it dealt with ASAP. She confirmed that she would follow up with me as soon as she heard back from them. I didn't get a call back. I reached out to the store today (keep in mind, this is roughly 6 months from the original date I ordered my changing tray) asking to speak with the manager to follow up on this matter. The manager tells me that she's going to call their head office and confirm that payment was made. 5 mins later, I get a call back from her confirming that payment was made. I asked her to send me an email so that I have record of this and she agrees. As I waited for this email (which by the way, I never got), I called UPS to confirm that this customs payment was made - they tell me the balance is still outstanding (about 40 days...).

I bought this changing tray 6 months ago. I have yet to find out who and when this payment will be made by West Coast Kids - with a product that I BOUGHT IN STORE.

I have never in my life had this kind of experience with any retail store. This has to be the most unprofessional and unacceptable store I have ever come across.

PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND BUY YOUR BABY/INFANT PRODUCTS ELSEWHERE.

adam.levine8 in Toronto
adam.levine8 in Toronto

BUYER BEWARE - DISHONEST STAFF

My wife and I bought a recliner floor model. We also felt ignored by the staff and it took close to an hour before someone would help us with our purchase.

We were unsure about purchasing a floor model, but ended up buying a top-of-the-line recliner with the Diamond Kote Protection plan. The staff member had sold us on this plan because it could provide 5 years coverage for any stains or tears on the recliner.

When I arrived to pick up the floor model it had been wrapped, but clearly no staff member did a once over. The chair was filthy and had gum stuck to the bottom of it. I also noticed a tear on the back of the chair so I reached out to West Coast Kids to have them set up the Diamond Kote service (you must go through WCK for this). This required going back and forth with their staff for 3-4 weeks before I was able to schedule someone to come in from Diamond Kote.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, the staff at West Coast Kids told me not to mention to Diamond Kote that I bought a floor model. This is because Diamond Kote's warranty doesn't cover floor model items. Furthermore, I was told that Diamond Kote won't come and clean the chair. This was the number one reason that we bought the service!

WHAT'S WORSE, I asked to speak with a Manager named Paula who was anything but helpful. She told us that she was the one who sold us the Diamond Kote plan and that she never mentioned that it would cover cleaning the chair. I wasn't surprised when I read the other Yelp reviews about the dishonesty at West Coast Kids. We will definitely be taking our registry somewhere else.

Ambermow
Ambermow

Incompetent staff

The process of ordering at this store is very frustrating. First the associate that helped us ordering a custom chair was very slow, did not seem to know what she was doing, and made multiple errors (including my name, address, and a couple product SKUs) that luckily I caught because I was so skeptical after watching her fumble through the order. Then once I finally received the chair and crib the delivery guys did not even have "assembly" on their form so even though I PAID for assembly clearly on the receipt, the store did not relay the correct information to them and just left everything unassembled in the nursery. Apparently I have to take it up with the store and who knows how long it will take for them to schedule coming back for assembly. They also undercharged me during one of the transactions and had to call me for additional payment days after I left the store. Overall, they are just extremely disorganized and I would not recommend them.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

How did this building pass inspection?

This store sells strollers-however a stroller cannot go inside. Actually I can go inside but it cannot pass the main floor which only sells strollers and highchairs. If you want to pay for a stroller or a highchair-you cannot access the cashier, Items on the main floor or anything on the top floor. I don’t know what kind of a building is no longer accessible for wheelchairs or strollers. Unacceptable. I purchased a towel-I would’ve looked around more but I was far too irritated about being confined to one floor. Luckily I had my husband with me-we were able to split up to pay.

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Baby stroller

I am extremely disappointed in Westcoastkids, Winnipeg. I pre-ordered a stroller in April. As the months past, the arrival date kept moving later and later. Baby, however, arrived on time. As I could see the stroller date moving later and later, I began calling the store and going there to inquire about the order. I was assured the stroller would be here and of course baby is now 2 weeks old and NO WCK's stroller. They simply blame Uppababy and that's the end of it. Fortunately, I soon knew that I couldn't trust their assurances so I called other Canadian baby stores that gave me honest, up-to-date information. The end result was that I called a "baby store" in Minneapolis. They were amazing. They had an order arriving and promised to call me as soon as they had the stroller in the store. Sure enough, they called, got my credit card number and the next day shipped the stroller to a parcel service near the Canadian border. We picked it up, cleared Customs and now baby is loving her UppaBaby Vista stroller. I went to WCK and got a refund. The person in charge avoided me and left it up to a salesperson to deal with me. I would sum up my WCK experience as totally unsatisfactory. Delays from suppliers can occur, but it's how you treat the customer that matters. Charging inflated prices and not providing honest customer service is unconscionable.

Amalia in Calgary
Amalia in Calgary

Terrible Store No Return Policy

We went into the store to buy a few things for our baby but the big purchase was a stroller. We were looking to buy both a regular stroller and an umbrella stroller. The staff was untrained and had no product knowledge whatsoever. Because of this we only bought one regular stroller. When we got home we noticed a manufacturer's defect in the stroller. The store refused to even give us an exchange and instead gave us the customer service number to the stroller company, telling us to order the broken part ourselves. When we asked for a refund the store manager was unbelievably rude and she told us that they never issue refunds. "It's not gonna happen," she said. Long story short ordered the broken part ourselves and are using the stroller which we love. We were planning on getting the Mountain Buggy Nano umbrella stroller and we found out we could order it directly from the Mountain Buggy website and they ship to Canada. We ordered the Nano from Mountain Buggy directly. We will never go to WestCoast Kids again. We were a loyal customer but we are fed up with that store's non existent return policy.

GW in Scarborough
GW in Scarborough

Very good service and great product selection!

My baby shower registry was with West Coast and I was very pleased with their product selection and knowledge. I am especially impressed at their customer service. More recently, I had a problem with one of their products and they immediately and pro-actively addressed the situation by replacing it. They truly do stand behind their products and go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Anna the manager is fantastic and even their delivery service led by Nick is all about customer satisfaction. I totally recommend West Coast Kids and will continue to shop there for years to come!

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Completely unorganized

The absolute worst in customer service and the website is a mess. An exciting event of being a mom to be should be exciting and fun, not anxiety-ridden and fristrating. From buying a crib that was already sold and couldnt be re-ordered, to being shown a car seat, which I also went to purchase but then was told wasn't available, to having a glitch in the website that caused the wrong address to keep being reverted as my shipping address (which meant that items my shower guests purchased were going to an address in British C0lumbia, not Ontario) BEWARE. There are so many other cute stores that aren't just a cash grab with cute stuff.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Customer Service

Customer Service is terrible. The staff try their best but what can they do when they have an awful manager. Gordana the manager is awful. I don't understand what the owners were thinking when they hired her. She is so rude, doesn't even want to help customers. Rachel the assistant manger on the other hand is awesome, so helpful, understands the customers well and respects her staff. Rachel deserves to be manager.

Looking for Children's Furniture pros in Richmond?