Bow Valley Aquarium

Reviews for Bow Valley Aquarium

Cori from Calgary
Cori from Calgary

7 custom terrariums

Steer clear of Bow Valley Aquariums! Mitch is next to impossible to deal with, once he has your money he becomes rude and aggressive and will give you every reason under the sun for not having it complete on time. After showing up at the shop at times he agreed to and having him not be there I ended up having to have a friend call to set up an appointment to get work done so I could trick him into being there. He becomes physically aggressive and verbally abbusive, I had to tell him I wasn't leaving the shop until, at the very least, I had the glass so that I could complete it myself because I was tired of trying to chase him down and I had doubts I would receive any product at all.

Heres a short summary of the big issues just with the product, this doesn't include any of the interactions that I had to endure with Mitch.

-2 terrariums 84" long, 24" deep, 23" tall. Front opening glass doors and 2 3" vents on each rear top corner. 9" kick plate below front doors. All to be made of clear glass.
-2 terrariums 41" long, 24 deep, 23 tall. Front opening terrariums and 1 3" vent on opposite rear top corners of each tank. 9" kick plate below door. All to made of clear glass.
-3 terrariums 52" long, 22" deep, 22" tall. Front opening glass doors and 2 3" vents on each rear top corner. 9" kick plate below front doors. All to be made of clear glass.

This is what I got instead:

- 84x24x23 with 9" kick were built as 83x23x22 with 6" kick. I had to assemble these tanks myself and the rear vents were not drilled. The doors don't fit on either terrarium. One side panel was 1/2 an inch to short and the other side panel was cut on a significant angle so was higher in the back then the front. The front side supports beside the doors were cut over an inch too short and 2 inches too wide on one terrarium.

-41x24x23 with 9" kick were built to 40x23x22 with a 10" kick. Side panels and rear glass were made with poor quality glass and are showing signs of "rusting". I took this glass up to another glass shop and without even asking me where I had them built they said "these are from Mitch aren't they?" When I asked how they knew that he told me he use to work for Mitch and that he gets scrap and defective glass from other glass companies who are throwing it out and he uses it to build terrariums. He says this is a common flaw when using this type of glass as it has a poor reaction to water. These tanks are not even a month old and after having a reptile in it for a week the discolouration makes the tank look dirty. The doors for these ones do not fit and the tracks for the doors we not installed properly and had to be removed and properly placed.

52x22x22 with 9" kick were built to 51x21x21 with a 8" kick. Side panels and rear glass were made with poor quality coloured glass and are showing signs of "rusting". These tanks are not even a month old and after having a reptile in it for a week the discolouration makes the tank look dirty. These tanks were built with blue glass even after Mitch specifically asked me if I wanted tinted glass before he starter building them and I said no, I want all clear glass. When I picked these up I told Mitch we didn't want them in blue.

anonymouse71 from Calgary
anonymouse71 from Calgary

Tank for Corn Snake

If you want a tank that looks like it was slapped together in the dark by a drunken chimp, this is the place for you. The owner was nearly impossible to get in touch with over the phone and after I brought the tank back for a refund he told me he didn't know how to operate the debt machine and I'd have to come back tomorrow for a refund. I've spoke to him on the phone a few times and every time he's yelled at me, been verbally abusive and hung up. He's got the tank and I'm out 200 bucks. Horrible experience to say the least.