Farmer Jack's Gardens 1993 Inc

Garden Centres
11862 Hwy 48 Stouffville ON
HomeStars  >  Garden Centres in Whitchurch-stouffville  >  Farmer Jack's Gardens 1993 Inc

Reviews for Farmer Jack's Gardens 1993 Inc

Becky from Markham
Becky from Markham

Interlock Stone

I ordered stone, screening and sand from Farmer Jacks to be delivered the next day. I told them the type of stone, pattern and sq footage. The employee I spoke with called me back with the total before billing my credit card. I told her the total did not sound high enough and asked her to double check the invoice was for enough stone for the sq ft I needed. She assured me it was correct. When I got home the next day and saw the order on the driveway I knew there was a problem. Instead of 130 border bricks they sent me 8. They were closed at this point for the evening (Friday) so I called first thing the next morning (Saturday). They tried to tell me they couldn't deliver until Monday and suggested I go and pick it up. Not an option as the brick is too heavy to put in a non commercial vehicle. The employee I was talking to actually suggested I make multiple trips with my car. I told her I had someone coming to install the stone and we had rented the equipment already so they need to get it to me. She told me she would talk to a manager and call me back. She called back shortly and said they would deliver the rest of the brick and would not charge a second delivery charge. I asked her to double check the rest of the invoice and make sure the amount of brick that had already been delivered was correct for the pattern I requested. She assured me the rest of the bricks were fine it was an entry error on the invoice for the border, 3 sq ft instead of 3 sections. About 1/4 of the way through installation our installer tells us there is not enough of the smaller sizes of brick for the pattern. By this time they were closed till Monday so the only solution was to "wing it with the pattern"and make many more cuts than should have been necessary. Luckily we had a very experienced installer and the patio looks good but it is not the pattern I chose and the job took two days instead of one to complete.

Mike G from Whitchurch-stouffville
Mike G from Whitchurch-stouffville
2 reviews Whitchurch-stouffville, ON

Front entry landscaping

I had a decent experience with Farmer Jacks (not great, but not bad), until it came time to return product. The manager did not advise me that special order products were non-returnable at the time of purchase, only that returned products were subject to a 25% restocking fee (which is fine).

Long story short, I ended up getting $67 back for more than $250 worth of stone. They also charged me full delivery price to pickup the remaining product, with no willingness to discuss middle ground in light of the oversight on the part of the manager.

If you are picking up your own product and do not plan on returning anything, Farmer Jacks could be fine. For any other purchases, I recommend buying elsewhere.

Nathan in Markham
Nathan in Markham

Unilock interlock walkway, patio and retaining wall

We purchased all of our interlock and related materials from Farmer Jack's in Stouffville. It's a family run business so everyone is helpful and knows their products. We did our backyard patio ourselves so we didn't know how much material we needed, but they were able to calculate it for us. Their interlock pattern suggestions were great and they usually had the interlock in stock. Only once did we have to wait 1-2 days for backordered stone. Despite their 25% restocking fee, their return policy is no hassle. I also had them cut a few coping stones which I had a tough time with, which costed $5 per cut. Deliveries were on time & they were careful not to damage my driveway.

Savi from Utopian Gardens
Savi from Utopian Gardens
3 reviews Stouffville, ON

Gardening project

Farmer jacks helped me to select the right materials for my project. They delivered all that i needed at a very good price. They also offered advice on the project.