Li'L Niblets & Baby Sprouts

Reviews for Li'L Niblets & Baby Sprouts

sgandhi from Brampton
sgandhi from Brampton

furniture

Purchased my daughter's crib and dresser and night stand from L'il Niblits and Baby Sprouts. When I went to purchase her "big Girl" bed, I found out that the line, Ma Marie, from Young America, had been discountinued. I asked why I wasn't notified when they found out it was not going to be offered any longer, (as they said that is their policy), the response that I received was "I don't know". I spoke with the owner, Jeff, and he did NOTHING to help. He did not even offer to call Young America to try to find a matching bed. He also did not respond to my calls, and it took 3 phone calls on my part to get someone to pay attention to the issue. They were not even apologetic.
Now, we are stuck with furniture that does not match. Not that it is such a bad thing, but they obviously don't respect their customers, and apply their store policies very loosely. On top of the issues that I have with how this was dealt with (actually, how the did not deal with it), they are rude, do not return phone calls when they say they will and act like they don't want or need your business.
Save yourself the trouble. DO NOT shop there. Give your hard earned money to a store that will appreciate your business, and make you feel like you want to come back.

ANK in Toronto
ANK in Toronto
2 reviews East York, ON

Furniture

Purchased a dresser and night table for our daughter. Dresser came in ok condition. The night table drawer did not fit in the space that was allotted for it. There was a space of approximately 4mm or more around the entire drawer, and it did not close flush with the frame. The two delivery men agreed that there was clearly something wrong with it and took the drawer out to see if perhaps there was some packaging stuck behind there. Nothing. We refused delivery of the night table and called the store immediately. Spoke with an "Erin" who said that she needed the night table to see what the issue was. This was on Wednesday. Called again on Thursday and was told that they had not yet received it from the delivery company "Careful Delivery". Called again on Friday and spoke with the "manager" named Jeff. He stated that he did not yet receive it and very rudely and curtly cut me off. I had to call again on Friday to ask what was happening and this time spoke with Erin who said that she agreed that the drawer did not close properly, that she was off on the weekend, and would get back to me on Monday. Their delivery form clearly states that we should have use of the furniture until a replacement or repair is made. I told Erin that we needed the night table, that my daughter's things were on the floor and were very disappointed. Also told her that we would NOT under any circumstances accept a "repair" on something that was clearly a manufacturer's defect. She said that she understood. I was clearly being given the run around - long enough for the charge to have cleared on my credit card. I had to call again on Monday and Erin proceeded to tell me that they are trying to "shave the wood at the back of the dresser" so that the drawer would fit. She said that the manufacturer was going to send another drawer. I told her that we will NOT accept that - not a repair, and I would definitely not wait another 5 weeks only to find out that the drawer again does not fit. She called back later that day to tell me that they were successful in "repairing the night table". I said that I did not want a product that had to be altered by the store, that it should have been perfect on delivery and that I wanted a refund. She again put me through to this Jeff person. He stated that there was nothing wrong with the night table. When I asked him why they repaired it if there was nothing wrong, he stated that they repaired it because I told them to - clearly a falsehood. He also stated that the delivery people said there was nothing wrong with it. Another blatant falsehood. I told him that I wanted a refund as they were not delivering a new product which was part of our purchase agreement. How was I to know that the "repair" that they haphazardly did to this night table did not impact the integrity of the night table. How did I know that the manufacturer's warranty was not rendered null and void due to the "adjustments" that they made?
His response was that he was going to "deliver the night table and be done with you". This is unacceptable and this is not the end of this issue.
Customer service is non-existent with these people and THEY ARE CROOKS.