Cushy Life Ltd The

Reviews for Cushy Life Ltd The

Angie from Calgary
Angie from Calgary

Furniture

The Cushy Life is a beautiful store and the sales staff are excellent; however, please don't let these things convince you to buy anything from them! I was taken in by the store aesthetics and lovely sales staff, and thus decided to order a sofa and dining table from them. While placing the order, I asked the sales staff if there was a volume discount they could provide given the high cost of the items together (~4500), as I have received 5% off at other stores in the past for similar transactions. She said she would check with the owner and got back to me the following day, saying they could give me 10% off. I was very happy about this! Although, it probably should have served as a clue that the items I was purchasing was highly marked up if they gave a 10% discount so easily. About a month passed after placing the order, and a friend of mine said he was ordering the same sofa as me, but from another large furniture store in Deerfoot Meadows. At this store, they were selling the exact same sofa that I had ordered from Cushy Life (same brand, same fabric) for half of the price I paid. I was shocked and decided to call Cushy Life to ask why they had charged so much for the exact same sofa, from the exact same manufacturer in Montreal. Firstly, I couldn't get through on the phone for days (no one ever answered the phone and there was no voicemail), so I finally decided to write an email to the owner. After not hearing back from her for a couple of weeks, I finally called again and got a hold of her husband (who is the co-owner) at the store. When I explained the situation and asked if they would match the price offered at the other furniture store (I even offered to provide them with the exact pricing that I received from that store to prove that I was not making it up), his answer was essentially, "sorry, but it just seemed like your friend got a great deal on this sofa from the other store and there's nothing we can do for you since you already ordered the sofa and paid the deposit here." Now I haven't owned a retail store before, but I think that's a terrible answer to give a customer. However, it was too late for me to cancel the order because I would have lost my entire deposit at that point. To add insult to injury, the store would not even consider adding a free delivery to my order after this incident, and I had to pay another $150 for a mover to deliver the furniture because we didn't have a truck large enough to transport the pieces.

When we received the sofa and table, I found that the glass top of the table had a manufacturer's defect in it (large dent). I contacted the owner right away to let him know and he said he would order another glass top from the manufacturer to replace it immediately. After countless emails from me on the status of this, it took nearly 4 months for the new glass top to come in - and there was never a valid reason for the delay from the owner. Personally, I think he was hoping that I would eventually give up and they wouldn't have to replace the glass, but I was extremely persistent and emailed/called frequently. I felt that this was the least they could do for me, given that they already significantly over charged me on the sofa.

To sum up, please consider shopping around at other furniture stores to compare prices before ordering anything from Cushy Life (all of their furniture pieces can be found at other well-known furniture stores in Calgary). Their products are extremely over priced and they will reel you in with great sales tactics and a beautiful showroom to land the sale - but you will surely regret it after that point.

Myranda in Calgary
Myranda in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

Bedding

Over 4 years ago I bought my bedding set from the 'old' cushy life and it is still in perfect condition. The cost was a little high but well worth it becuase it has lasted so long. If I hadn't gotten a dog it would look brand new still. The new store is beautiful and the ladies working there are so friendly. I live in Kensington so Cushy Life is a frequent stop for me on an afternoon browse.