Gendron Antiques

1145 Carp Road Ottawa ON K2S 1B9

Reviews for Gendron Antiques

4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Custom Entertainment Cabinet

Odered a custom cabinet from Gendron. When the cabinet arrived it had some of the dimensions wrong. No argument, they aggreed to redo the cabinet ASAP. New cabinet, which was perfect, was delivered 2 weeks later. Amazing service.

Bob in Cobden
Bob in Cobden
1 review COBDEN, ON

Custom Made furniture

We were looking for original furniture with an old style country flare.
The barnboard counter top and dining room table they delivered both warped within 6 months. As they got worse, I called and asked whether the furniture was warrantied. I was advised the they had a 6 month warrantee and if we were to take the table and counter top in, they would look at it. We had also had a vanity made that was not cut to specifications. It cost us a few hundred dollars to rectify what they said was our error.
The furniture is nice, but some of the craftmanship and after service is unacceptable.

In response to Mr Robert Arbour from Cobden, when you called at the beginning of January 2012,we were sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with the old wood counter top and table that we built for you in 2010. Our conversation was of a positive nature. Despite being 10 months past our warranty, we were more than happy to have a look at both of your items to see what we could do to help. So it goes without saying, that your negative comments and poor rating have come as somewhat of a surprise to us.
When working with solid wood there can be some cracking and worping as a result of expandion and contraction with seasonal changes and subsequent changes in humidity levels in soemone else house. We provide a 6 months warranty to cover such problems. As for the vanity,we worked hard to find a way to modify it when you admitted that the mistake was at your end. It was cut exactly to the specifications provided in your plans and you seemed pleased at the time and you give us the go ahead with the modifications, instead of having to build a new one. the modifications were complicated but we were happy fo find a way to fix the existing problem.
We do not know what happened to your pieces between Oct.2010 and now. We would have appreciated the opprtunity to look at them and co-ordinate a resolution to this problem.
For over 20 years we have provided our customers with a professional service that we are extremely proud of. We stand by our craftmanship and
customer service. We hope your family are enjoying all the pieces we built for you and we are truly sorry that you feel our services did not live up to your expectations.

4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Custom Antique Reproductions

This is my 4th custom piece by them and by far the most stylish and intricate. They piece was slightly small then we had spec'ed out and they redid the entire piece. We loved it. It may seem a little expensive but not for a custom piece of furniture that will last a lifetime.

C. Lariviere in Gloucester
C. Lariviere in Gloucester
1 review Ottawa, ON

2 Armoirs and 1 dining room table

I am so grateful to have found such welcoming staff when I walked in for the first time. They are honest hard working people, very informative and professional. I am definitely returning to Gendron Antiques and will recommend them to everyone I know. Thank you

Mary Stanton in Burnstown
Mary Stanton in Burnstown
2 reviews Deep River, ON

Refurbishing entire home lost in fire.

The service and products are amazing. Everyone here is knowledgeable and interested in your needs. They kept an eye for items that matched my wish list and style and called or emailed to let me know. They allowed my to put things on hold for a few days to give me time to get in to see the item. Their access to usual one of kind items including early Canadiana. Just amazing

Heather in Ottawa
Heather in Ottawa
1 review Almonte, ON

side bar

Gendron has been the best find for me in years. Their furniture is not just antiques and reproductions - they are veritable works of art that function as furniture and decor in my home. I stop by frequently just for fun!

Custom table made by Gendron's

I frequently head straight to Gendron whenever I have a specific piece in mind. They have never let me down, it is always beautiful. I had a homework table made for my kids. Marc made the base and I then topped it with a galvanized metal counter. Marc and Line are lovely people.

Alicia in Ottawa
Alicia in Ottawa
13 reviews Ottawa, ON

Furniture for Staging of Home Show Booth

Having been working with the team at the Gendron Antiques on the 20.4.20 Designer Day Marathon fundraiser, they offered to let us use some of their wonderful pieces at the Ottawa Home & Design Show. We opted to use one of Marc Gendron's own creations, a beautifully hand-crafted side table, as well as several blue decorative stars. These pieces helped bring a more comfortable and homey touch to our booth. As always, the Gendrons and their manager Kim, were fabulous to work with. I look forward to further cooperation with them all in the future.

Mike Cox Dunrobin
Mike Cox Dunrobin
1 review CLAYTON, ON

Custom built furniture

I had been searching for a long time for what I though would be easy to find. I wanted a simple office desk that was not much more than a table with legs and a couple horizontal drawers. I had never thought of reclaimed wood until I saw all the amazing handiwork of the Gendron Antiques reproductions team. The desk from the showroom was a bit small for me but they were able to make a larger version that exactly met my needs at a great price.

Kim in NORTH GOWER
Kim in NORTH GOWER
1 review NORTH GOWER, ON

Purchased many pieces of furniture and had furniture refinished

I love this store and the people that run it. I have been buying furniture from them and having pieces refinished by them for several years now and I love their work and have sent many people to see them. We had a custom vanity built for our master bathroom and we had them finish our new railing and posts for our stair case. I think that we have purchased 8 pieces from them and had 4 or 5 refinished. I will continue to shop at this store as long as there is room in my home.

More about Gendron Antiques

Repair. Restore. Refinish. Our refinishing, restoration and repair service is second to none. Gendron Antiques and Reproductions is the largest Antiques Showroom in the Ottawa Valley. Our Emporium has over 10, 000 sq. ft full of Antiques, Furniture, Accessories and Collectables and. . . if you cant find it anywhere. ...
Looking for Antique Retailers pros in Stittsville?