Woodhill Garden Centre

320 Steeles Ave E Thornhill ON L3T 1A8
HomeStars  >  Garden Centres in Thornhill  >  Woodhill Garden Centre

Reviews for Woodhill Garden Centre

Overpriced. Poor service.

I hired Woodhill to do our landscaping. I was clear that I wanted to keep several existing plants as part of the new plan. They agreed. I also asked them to not overplant as I knew over time the garden would fill in. They did the work using far too many plants which we of course had to pay for. The plants that died were not under warranty, so only the 3 evergreens that died were under warranty and eligible for replacement. It took them OVER 2 years and numerous emails and phone calls to come back and replace the plants that they owed me. They then said that certain vents outside of my house were causing the plants to die. If that was true, then why would they give me a plan that placed plants underneath the vents?

Kit Kat
Kit Kat

Woodhill Garden Centre: Shady service

Our new Home backyard was a clean slate, so we decided to take a look at what Woodhill Garden Centre could offer, with their claim as a "premium" nursery. Premium Nursery products accompany premium prices. Installation and warranty (urged) by Woodhill is roughly triple the cost (of their trees). Expecting high product standards, as a cost saving measure we decided to forego the warranty (with proper care on our end ) and hired a professional and trusted arborist to install Woodhill's Trees. We are happy with our purchase of two Japanese Maple Trees. We then decided to continue with Woodhill Garden Centre's quality, selecting 45 Emerald Cedars to line our property. All but one tree survived the Spring planting. We absorbed that single Emerald Cedar loss in August. However, in November-December to our shock we witnessed ten (10) Emerald Cedars suddenly turn brown and die with no warning. We babied these trees, but looking back, wondered whether their infused colour was masked with a heavy dose of nitrogen? This past Spring, we gingerly approached Woodhill, with photo's in the hope even without a warranty, they would take note of our concern (future business). Woodhill's shameless retort? "told you so" We were blamed for not paying to have Woodhill install and purchase insurance. We didn't expect free trees but considering our investment with Woodhill I think they coud have offered (at cost?) to assist. I realize we are talking about ten trees, but the number should not matter. Woodhill Nurseries poor attitude and lack of total customer care and courtesy is why I will reconsider future purchases.

MEGAN CROUSE from Richmond Hill
MEGAN CROUSE from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Front & Back yard landscaping

Joe and his team from Woodhill Garden Centre did an amazing transforming our front and back yard in September. In only 4 days our yards went from drab to FAB!
The crew moved quickly, but carefully. The job site was left clean everyday, and Joe (the Landscaping Manager) came to check on the job daily ensuring we were satisfied. He had no problem swapping a few plants that I had ordered and changed my mind about once they were planted; the crew simply popped them out and the next day I had what I wanted!
Their pricing was inline with the other quotes we had. I would recommend them to anyone!

svetlana in North york
svetlana in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Shrubs roses

The staff is amazing. They are extremely knowledgeable. They helped me to select some shrubs that will grow in my backyard as there are so many trees and not much of sun. I would definitely recommend this nursery. Lana

yung from Richmond Hill
yung from Richmond Hill
12 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

tree planting

they provide good information to you before you purchase and give you hints what you should watch and do after planting and on the deliver day they keep everything nice and clean before they leave

Lisa in Richmond hill
Lisa in Richmond hill
1 review RICHMOND HILL, ON

Christmas Urns

Woodhill did up our outdoor christmas urns and WOW
We absolutely loved them
Go see Sennur, she customized our pots to perfection
What service, they went above and beyond our expectations

Richelle Scarborough
Richelle Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Landscaping fron and back yard

We hired Woodhill to landscape out backyard after having our pool redone and new interlock. Woodhill came in and i must say did a fantastic job, I don't have one complaint. They are a homeowners dream contractor. Terri is the lady with the ideas she transformed my yard into an oasis and the envy of other neighbours. She knew in an instant what looked goo where, chinese maples, beautiful weeping trees, shrubs and lillies. They were even able to fix my waterfall that a previous contracter messed up. All the people from Woodhill are exceptional and I can't say enough good things about them. I will always remember this company as the best I have ever dealt with and will recommend them to anyone.

Satisfied in Denlow
Satisfied in Denlow

9.8/10

Garden and landscaping supplies

We discovered Woodhill Garden Centre many years ago and have been going back every year since. They not only have the greatest variety of products but their prices are the best we've found anywhere. All of their plants are nicely displayed and very easy to access.

More about Woodhill Garden Centre

Full service garden centre - garden supplies, design, installation & consultation.