Tile City Ltd

Reviews for Tile City Ltd

Dawn D.
Dawn D.

Kitchen tile

I am revising my review because Tim recommended Steve as a tiler. Please see the hole left by the rad pipes below. I thought that when the rad was re-installed this would be resolved, but no.

Tim should stand behind his recommendation.

Review has 2 previous versions

Floor tiles and stones

Tile City is a small local tile store. The staff there are knowledgeable and they have a great selection of products. Unlike the larger tile suppliers they take time to write up a file for you and when you are ready to make your order it just a phone call. Delivery is on time. Would rather use them than a larger tile store.

Ed from Toronto
Ed from Toronto

Special order

I am happy with the customer service. They where able to special order for me Schluter trim. Tim was quick to response to my emails and they gave me a good price.

Siobhan in Leslieville
Siobhan in Leslieville

Bathroom tiles

It's tiny, and usually dusty. But don't be put off. I visited at least 12 other well-known tile stores in the city, and they don't carry anything you can't get right here. The in-stock tile is well-priced, and the custom order tile is boundless. The guys who work there are amazingly helpful. I ended up getting some custom tile from California that was pricey, but one of a kind, for an accent wall and some plain white in stock tile for the rest of the bathroom. It's gorgeous.

Renovator in Leslieville
Renovator in Leslieville

Kitchen and bathroom tile

This small store offers the best service possible. Friendly, patient, knowledgeable. Prices were MUCH better than big box stores. No problems with returns of excess materials; Tim Leeder always offered samples to take away to try in house. My go to for all future jobs.

Cathy H. in Toronto
Cathy H. in Toronto

Foyer tiling

Tile City looks jumbled and rather run-down but the staff is very knowledge and helpful. They have a great selection of tiles at decent prices. When they weren't able to bring the tiles that we had ordered in a timely fashion (NOT at all their fault), they very graciously allowed us to choose similar tiles that were more expensive without charging us more. That's what I call great customer service. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Shannon from East York
Shannon from East York

Kitchen back splash

This store is right around the corner from me and also looks a little run down from the outside which is why I hadn't paid much attention to it. However, I stopped in while on a walk to see if they had anything of interest for my kitchen back splash. I think they mainly must sell to contractors because this isn't a beautiful showroom!
But the guys that work there are knowledgeable and helpful and the prices are great. The young (attractive!) guy working there was good at listening to my desired look and helping me find what they had.
I got a call after finally deciding on my tile and they let me know it was going to take a lot longer than they thought to come in. I decided to go in to pick something else instead. When I arrived later the same day they had already picked out some alternatives that were confirmed available. He even had magazines with pictures to show me how it might look. I was impressed that they went to that trouble and didn't just let me wait weeks on end for the original order to come in. It turns out I love the new tiles we found even more than the original order.
Definitely worth checking out this place if you have tile needs (including floor). Note we did the tile installation ourselves.

Tara in Leslieville
Tara in Leslieville

Kitchen backsplash

We really wanted glass mosaic tile for our kitchen backsplash and found that Tile City had the cheapest on offer by far. Definitely worth checking out-- they don't have some of the more exotic tiles, but they have a good selection of the more common/popular tiles.