William Ashley China

Reviews for William Ashley China

Babs in Old Toronto
Babs in Old Toronto

Service concern

I went into the new Toronto Ashley’s store to potentially buy some Royal Copenhagen pieces to replace some broken ones. The store is large and bright. A sales associate was standing by her computer, not helping a client at the time. The store was not busy being midweek, midday. There were other associates, yet I was never approached. I waited and politely asked if and where the Royal Copenhagen section was. The associate waved me off “over there around the back”. I had to look for several minutes and walk around the whole store, finally seeing a few pieces on an upper shelf. By now I was irritated and left the store. No one even looked my way. Loss of sale about $800.00. I think this store is too posh and stuck up for its customers. Used to be great in Mississauga before it closed and I used to buy wedding gifts, sterling and Waterford crystal there. Not anymore!

wrong picture?

I bought online when they have sale after boxing day. I ordered on the website it said Versace - Barocco Dinnerware , High Cup, and the picture shows the cup with saucers. Sale from 325 down to 221 CDN, so I ordered three.
When I received them, they only sent cups without saucers. So I called the customer service, the answer is " it is special offer, so only cup, no saucer". Seriously? First: it didn't say anything about "special offer" is without saucer. Second: the picture is misleading with saucer. Third: your sale price is not really sale, when you took away the saucer and make it cheaper. And then the customer service asked me to pay 79.99 for each saucer if I want. This company is not honest. And I think that is illegal too.

L Jones in
L Jones in

Dinnerware

I ordered a set of 4 place settings on-line on Boxing Day and put a deposit down. Several days later I got an email saying that less than half of my order was available and the rest would not be ready until the end of April. I picked the order when the whole set was finally there. When I got home, I discovered that they had given me one wrong sized plate so I had to drive all the way back downtown from the west end of Mississauga to exchange it. The staff said a quick sorry but seemed amused by it and didn't seem too worried about the cost and inconvenience of my having to drive down there twice.

raphael from Old Toronto
raphael from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

china

I had the opportunity to shop at William Ashley China, Don the salesperson was very attentive and assisted me with my purchases. I was looking for a wedding gift and was undecided as to the product and purchase price. I was given excellent advice as to the options based on my budget... The gift was a success and I will continue to shop here as they offer exceptional service !!

Lynn Daniels in Scarborough
Lynn Daniels in Scarborough
6 reviews Scarborough, ON

fine china

I find that William Ashley has the largest selection of china anywhere in the city. I find their sales staff knowledgable and professional. If they do not have what you wnat in stock they are more then happy to order it for you. When they have a sale the prices are excellent

owntown shadi
owntown shadi
1 review Roopville, GA

Cutlery, Plates, Glasses, etc.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very informative and answered all the questions I had. The quality of the products are amazing, and will last a long time!

Christina from Lake Country B.C.
Christina from Lake Country B.C.
9.8/10

Purchase of dinnerware Rosenthal Suomi

I ordered several place settings of Rosenthal Suomi dinnerware. The order was processed surprisingly fast.I was advised of the impending delivery, and the china arrived in excellent shape after a trip across the continent. The packing had been meticulousy done.Absolutely impressive service! Thank you very much for making our dining table beautiful!

Stefanie
Stefanie
9.8/10

Home Decorating and Gifts

William Ashley has beautiful things – at the top of their line, they have the most elegant china, stemware (including gorgeous crystal), and flatware that I have seen. This all comes at quite a steep price, but I believe it’s the highest quality you can get. Each year the William Ashley warehouse has a massive sale (on Railside Drive, in East York, GTA) that carries not only their top-end stuff, but also every other possible decorating, entertaining, and gifting item that you could possibly want (e.g., lamps, candlesticks, picture frames, kitchen appliances, ‘everyday’ dishes, kitchen/bathroom towels, novelty items, and the list goes ON!). This sale happens through the month of November (perfect timing for Christmas). I went this year with a specific list of things that I wanted for myself and for Christmas gifts, determined that I would not buy more than what was on my list. Once I got in there, though, I again – as in previous years – couldn’t resist the unbelievable sales (up to 90% off on some things), and I ended up with more for myself as well as for gifts for people that hadn’t even been on my list. I spent a lot of money, but the bill would have been at least twice as high (and probably more like 3 times) had I bought all of this stuff from William Ashley at another time of year. I would highly recommend going to William Ashley, particularly during their annual sale, if only just to look and see what it’s all about (although I’m convinced you'll end up buying)!

K from TO
K from TO

china etc

I would recommend this store to anyone. The service is phenomenal, the selection enormous and the prices, while not inexpensive, are better than anywhere else.

More about William Ashley China

At Wiliam Ashley China, our steadfast comitment to the highest standards of customer service combined with our premium product have made us North America's largest china and gift specialty retailer. Visit us online or in person to view our extensive colection of designer tableware and fine china created by renowned ...
Looking for China & Cookware pros in Toronto?