Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Toronto

Reviews for Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Toronto

25 year customer in Toronto
25 year customer in Toronto

25 year customer

I have been dealing with Sheridan Yonge Street for over 25 years. There is the odd less informed staff member but overall the staff is very well informed and has been there for years. I don't know how people get into fights with Amin, he is knowledgeable and interested. I have used them for both personal and apartment complex needs. Not the cheapest but always honour their guarantee which is the most generous in the City.. I heartily recommend them.

Shopping in store for plants

This is the second consecutive year that I have had an awful shopping experience at Sheridan Nurseries, Yonge street location. The plants are good quality - which is why I make the trek to the store - but I will now look for alternatives. The staff are busy talking to each other and act as though it were an inconvenience to be asked anything. 4 employees at the cash and no one could get us a tray for our plants. We struggled with some trays we found outside and since the pots didn't "fit" we somehow lost 2 on the journey home. When we got home we saw that we had been billed for extra plants we didn't buy. So ; check your bill before you leave and arm yourself with lots of time and patience because you will not get any help from the staff.

D. in North york
D. in North york

Good selection

Sheridan Nurseries in Markham has a good selection of plants, especially evergreens. Staff is helpful and available. They are a bit pricey but have a good no hassle guarantee on plants.

Tyler from Toronto
Tyler from Toronto

Condo Renos

Went to Sheridan Nursery seeking out some plants for the apartment. The staff were really helpful and walked us through everything they had, and also made sure we had everything we needed for replanting, etc. Overall they had a great selection of plants and were a great help. It was a bit more expensive than what you usually see in a "Garden Section" or similar of other stores, but it was fairly obvious you "get what you pay for" and this place cares quite a bit about their merch, so it didn't bug me one bit. Would definitely visit again :)

Eileen in Bedford Park
Eileen in Bedford Park

Gardening supplies

he store on Yonge street is extremely frustrating to deal with. The staff at the cash are very disorganized and don't seem to know what they are doing. It often takes 3 staff members to find an order. For example, I bought sod, mulch, plants & trees on July 15th. Everything was in stock except for the 2 trees on that day so I paid for everything but the trees. I asked them when they expect the trees in so that I can organize for my landscaper to pick everything up at once and install it all on one day so that I don't incur extra charges from him. They tell me Friday and I say great, I will have him pick EVERYTHING up on Saturday. They say that is fine. Not trusting them (as in the past, my landscaper has gone to get things and they "can't find them") I called them a few hours ago to confirm that everything is there and ready for him so that he isn't waiting while they scramble trying to find everything. The girl I speak with says yes, everything is there. I then tell her that I still need to pay for the trees as they weren't in stock on the 15th. She passes me to the nursery supervisor and I pay over the phone for the trees. This lady then tells me that the SOD is not in stock anymore because the sod needs to be planted within a certain time. WTF!! Why didn't they tell me this when I bought it on the 15th?!! I tell her that I had to organize my landscaper well in advance for today and now will be incurring extra charges for him to come back a second time. I am not happy and I do not recommend this store. For these prices, I would except exceptional service. This is very disappointing.

Judy in Riverdale
Judy in Riverdale

garden supplies

Sheridan has great products and plants but the staff is rude and miserable to deal with. The fellow I spoke to last night would have preferred to stand there looking stupid than deal with a paying customer. The cashier was pretty much the same. I thought of calling Amin but like someone else said, he too can be difficult. I guess he hires his staff using the same scale. Save yourself the aggravation and spend your money elsewhere. There are plenty of garden centers. Who needs the attitude from them. The funny part was another staff member told me that that particular guy is rude to everyone. And they knowingly employ him?? Go figure

Jerome from Toronto
Jerome from Toronto

Customer Service

We purchased 2 planters to try out at our house. They did not seem to work and went to return them. Instead of crediting us for both, they only credited us for one. When we got our Visa statement and realized the mistake, the Manager Amin, refused to credit us for the second planter saying they had no proof as the planter was not in their inventory. He was rude and unpleasant to deal with. Overall, a very bad experience.

L Pengelley from Old Toronto
L Pengelley from Old Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Landscape Design

I have now used Sheridan to design the garden in my past 3 homes. The service is excellent and extremely affordable. In addition you get 10% off on all the plants you then purchase from them. I strongly recommend their landscaping design services.

ShellyBellyToronto
ShellyBellyToronto
5 reviews TORONTO, ON

Front yard garden plan

Joan de Grey was punctual, friendly and knowledgeable. Essentially I took her for a walk around the block, pointed to garden's that my husband and I liked and talked to her about what I enjoyed about each garden. she sketched up a plan that was well within my budget and abilities and was very accommodating and even encouraging of my desire to have a drought resistant, low maintenance garden with several native species and natural pollinators. What is really excellent is the plan she created has been easy for me to modify as I find a few other plants I like better. I can't wait to see how the garden turns out in the spring.

Shawn from North York
Shawn from North York

Purchase of flowers etc

The location on Yonge while difficult to find parking is the best selection of flowers in the area. We anually purchase our planter flowers and impatients at this location. As noted the selection is the best in the area and the prices are competitive.

More about Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Toronto

Reputable garden centre with a wide range of garden products and knowledgeable staff.
Looking for Garden Centres pros in Toronto?