Restoration Hardware

Reviews for Restoration Hardware

SL from Calgary
SL from Calgary

Extra Wide French Casement Vanity

I purchased the Extra Wide French Casement Vanity for our bathroom renovations from the Calgary location. The first one I received had multiple cracks on the vanity door and a very poor paint job. They sent a replacement vanity 2 weeks later and it was in even worse condition. They had also tried to fix the cracks with a different colour paint. I refused delivery of it and requested a return and refund. It's been 3 weeks since they've taken my original vanity away and I have not seen my money back (I was supposed to receive it 3-5 days after pickup). I've written numerous times with no response to their "gallery solutions" who handle these sorts of complaints and have also called the number. I was promised a refund within 3-5 days of pickup but it's been over 3 week and I still have not seen it. This has also delayed my renovations by over a month. I ended up going with a custom vanity which was almost the same price and difference in quality was very obvious. I would not recommend buying their painted vanities due to the poor quality and poor customer service.

LR from Lethbridge
LR from Lethbridge
1 review Lethbridge, AB

Child bedding, vintage sports ticket pattern

Bought 2 sets of these. The quality for this sheet set is FAR below the price. The sheets are very stiff and of low quality cotton. Even after washing they have not softened. I'm out money, as I returned the second set and had to pay shipping.

Nav from Toronto
Nav from Toronto

furniture - dining chairs

I was wary of ordering from here, given the reviews, but I'm glad we decided to order our chairs here. Decent price for the styles you're getting, some may find it a tad expensive, but really for real wood and these styles, where are you getting cheaper?

We knew we didn't want to get into custom options because they're always late, so we selected something in stock at that US warehouse. Within 5 days, the chairs were delivered problem free and look beautiful. Dom at their store helped get things done smoothly. I'm thrilled with my purchase.

greg from point ISM Inc
greg from point ISM Inc
1 review East York, ON

Bar stool chairs

I ordered 2 bar stool chairs in june 2012. We had to send back one for replacement in Oct as the construction and quality of wood is just brutal. I am a retauil design ./ manufacturer and I would never approve this sort of product for my client. Shame on you RH for cutting costs in china and not producing a quality product for the prices you are requesting. We are now Jan 2014 and both chairs again have given way in the same place. STOP the madness, dont be fooled by their glossy catelogue- the product quality is below par, cheap and should be taken off the market. I look forward to the response I get from Customer Service on this.

Restoration hardware your furniture SUCKS! I do not recommend anyone buying furniture from them. it doesnt last.

Marnie in York
Marnie in York
6 reviews York, ON

Collins leather sectional

In January we ordered a Collins leather sectional sofa with a right hand configuration. We called to confirm that it would be a right hand configuration as we wanted to make sure it would be correct upon delivery. Today it was delivered and guess what ? It was the left hand configuration! They offered to let us keep it until our new and correct sofa was ready but after discussing it with the supervisor who didn't seem to care very much we decided to return the sofa and cancel our order.
We will never order from Restoration Hardware again.

Hiva from Toronto
Hiva from Toronto

Nursery

I am currently pregnant and expecting my baby by any minute! Thanks to restoration hardware, I have not set up the nursery yet!!! I ordered my nursery furniture with the price of an arm and leg at the Begining of September 2012, and I've been told to receive everything by end of September or first week of October.Today is November 12th and they called me to tell me that the furniture won't be here no earlier than mid December! That Is just one fantastic service from an store like restoration hardware!!!!!! They charge so much money for their items and they have the most brutal service of all the houseware stores I know of. I don't even have a bassinet to put my baby in there to sleep. I would do anything to sue this company! They have to make up for the level of my stress at such condition. Never ever buy anything from this store please!!!

Dave Linton from Toronto
Dave Linton from Toronto

Baby Crib

I have had a baby crib sitting in pieces in our nursery for 2 months because restoration hardware cant get me the right pieces to assemble it. We have placed 5 different calls to remedy various issues, but our child still has no crib to sleep in.

The issues have been:
1) after opening the box, the crib had black smudge marks all over, and many locations were not painted properly. Instead of going through the hassle of sending it back, we opted for their solution of receiving a paint touch up kit. A crazy thing to have to do for "high-end" furniture, but we can't waste time waiting for another delivery.

2) when starting to assemble the crib, we realize there is no hardware. We call and Two weeks later we have hardware.

3) start to assemble the crib again, and realize two critical pieces are missing (stretcher bars). These arrive in another 2 weeks. Baby has since arrived.

4) go to assemble again and find that 3 of the 4 barrel nuts are missing from the stretcher bars, making assemble impossible.

5) call to have the barrel nuts replaced (after going to 3 hardware stores to try and find a match). They tell me they dont have that part, so i tell them them to re-send stretcher bars and make sure the barrel nuts are included. Today, I received a new set of hardware in the mail, which of course does not contain the required barrel nuts and was not at all what I requested.

I'm just left shaking my head. How is it possible that this company still operates with service like this?

LH in York
LH in York
5 reviews York, ON

floor lamps

I bought 2 brass Library Floor Lamps several years ago. They arrived with scratches and had to be replaced. The lamps flickered on and off and had to be fiddled with constantly, also got quite hot after being on for several minutes - a real safety hazard. Now one of the them no longer works at all. RH won't do anything, no repairs, no refund, no exchange, nothing. At the price I paid I expected these lamps to last a very long time. Won't be buying from RH ever again, Ikea has better quality at a fraction of the price.

Victoria in Fisher island
Victoria in Fisher island
1 review MIAMI BEACH, FL

Restoration hardware nightmare

I ordered an upholstered headboard that took +2 months to arrive. The "white glove" delivery guys scratched my walnut floors & improperly installed the headboard so it looks like it is falling over. I called the company who ordered someone to come out & fix it, who proceeded to stand me up 2xs...when I called about getting someone else to come out, I asked about the floors & said I never heard back about them. I was very rudely told that the claim had been closed and there was nothing I could do about it. After asking to speak to a manager, it came out that the guys who scratched the floor said that 1) the scratches were already there 2) I wouldnt allow them to take pictures. These are the same guys who bullied me after it happened saying that I cant tell on them because they would get in trouble as they are not allowed to move furniture...their moving the bench at the end of the bed scratched my floors. They closed the claim based on what the guys said without even contacting me.

In the meantime I ordered a wall shelving unit that arrived crushed & a "silver" lamp that arrived a yellowed color.

My imagine of this company being a respectable & high end company was wrong!!!!
Buyer Beware!!!!!

Rob in Oakville
Rob in Oakville
2 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Furniture

My wife and I really like their furnitures, and we got the furnitures from them. Some of the items that you could only purchase online, but you could also order thru their store located in toronto. If you are ordering online, you also have an option to make the purchase in US currency, based on the price listed on the website.