Pickering Tile Centre Ltd

Karen Hay from Oshawa
Karen Hay from Oshawa
4 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Tiles purchased

I have gone to this store for many years and spent a fair amount of money. Recently we decided to tile a half wall between the kitchen and living room and explained what the project looked like and the challenges considering we had to tile four sides of the wall. When we went to start the project we realized that there was no straight edge on the tiles making it very challenging to complete the installation. We decided we wanted to return the tiles and were told there was a 30% fee for restocking. We argued that it we knew the tiles would be put into the back and how could they justify 30%. No flexibility and no care that we had been a loyal customer for over 10 years. Will go to a big box store in the future with no plan to return, as customer service is poor.

M P in Scarborough
M P in Scarborough
2 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

Installation of 300 Square feet of Ceramic Tiles in main floor of Town House

I paid good money for a terrible job which resulted in tile height variations, uneven spacing in tiles , poor cuts that were not even straight, excessive changes in the height of floor( over 1 inch) and a mess left behind with cement on my doors and walls as well as garbage left behind. It took almost 2 months with several phone calls and visits to the store before the owner acknowledge my complaints, and he only compensated me for less than half of my money paid for the job. This did not take into account my expense to hire another company to rip up the floor that Pickering Tile installed, the cost of the ruin tiles, disposal fees and price to reinstall a new floor. I am out a lot of money for their botched job.

maria ciccone in Pickering
maria ciccone in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Master ensuite shower

I have ordered tiles at this store for many years and am very disappointed in how they dealt with a problem I had with these tiles. I received one box of the wrong dye lot and the tiler put them up. Pickering Tile did not warn me that there are different dye lots and they don't accept any responsibility. I now have to convince the tiler to come back and remove the darker tiles and replace them with the correct dye lot.