Oakville Sight & Sound

Leslie M. in Waterdown
Leslie M. in Waterdown
1 review Hamilton, ON

Home theatre setup

The crew at Oakville Sight and Sound did a fantastic job setting up our home theatre system from consultation to solution to fix existing wiring challenges to completion, time spent in house with Scott and Kieran going that extra mile to ensure the job was done correctly. Friendly, knowledgeable and hard working. Highly recommend this group for professional home theatre service.

Joe Stephens from Oakville
Joe Stephens from Oakville

Stereo Speaker Installation

Went into Oakville Sight and Sound looking for a nice set of stereo speakers. I was very impressed with the paradigm towers they had, and the person I spoke to was very friendly and Knowledgeable. I purchased them and had their Installer handle putting them into my home. I think they sounded even better when I got them installed! Needless to say I will be returning!

Phillip from Oakville
Phillip from Oakville

Home Theater and Home Automation

My wife and I were having a new home built in Mississauga, and we wanted to look into doing a whole home control system, and a dedicated theater room. After doing some research and asking a few of our close friends, we were recommended to check out Oakville Sight and Sound. We visited their showroom a short while after and were surprised by how great the experience was! The sales person was polite, friendly, knowledgeable, and didn’t try to pressure us into purchasing anything we wouldn’t need. I really felt like he tried getting to know us, and our needs before starting to make any recommendations. He was able to answer all of our questions and clarify any concerns we had about putting a system of such a large scale into our home. He also informed us that they had their own electricians and contractor’s on staff that would work with us to plan the layout of our home theater, for a fully customizable experience!
After we decided on the equipment that was right for us, we set up a date to have the installers come out to make sure all of the wiring was in place. When they arrived, it was no surprise that the installers were just as friendly and knowledgeable as the sales staff. The installers worked quickly, and cleaned up after themselves, leaving the place spotless when they were finished.
Now we have a fully dedicated home theater room that looks beautiful! And through the “home automation” set-up, we have control of almost every system in our house through either our mobile devices, or a few conveniently placed on wall touch panels. I feel like the only thing I can’t control from my phone is my toaster!
Overall, the experience was fantastic! They took care of everything from start to finish, and I would strongly recommend using the guys at Oakville sight and sound if you need any AV work done in your home.

Sam Telford from Oakville
Sam Telford from Oakville

Home Security

I work from home so I was looking to get cameras setup around my house but was unsure about how it all works and whats involved. The guys at Oakville Sight and Sound made it extremely easy for me, explaining in detail how each system works and which would be best for me while meeting my price point. Install was quick and clean.

Would definitely recommend and use again in the future

Greg Hall in Oakville
Greg Hall in Oakville

Projection TV

This is the first review I ever did because this is the first time this has ever happened to me. They installed a projection TV at my house. They did it quickly and a bit sloppy. That was not the issue though. The owner asked to be paid (as "he was just a small business and he needed the cash") despite him not finishing all of the things that we agreed too I paid him. I called him a few weeks later and he agreed to finish the job among some other things I wanted done when he got back from vacation. I then called/e-mailed him many times and left many messages. He never returned my calls. The funny thing is the stuff that is left is very minor. If he had a dispute with me for it he just should have told me.
My advice is if you use these guys get all the work done and check it before paying them!

Burlington in Burlington
Burlington in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Yamaha’s YAS – 101 sound bar

`Save yourself the time, trouble and money, take your business elsewhere’.

After considerable research and a conversation with Yamaha Canada, having just bought Samsung’s latest Smart HDTV, I decided to purchase Yamaha’s YAS – 101 sound bar.

After calling a number of dealerships I found a reasonably priced floor model at Oakville Sight & Sound.

I spoke with Jamie, one of the owners, explained my intended purchase and requirement, or so I thought, they sell Samsung.

I paid over the phone and picked it up the next day. When I arrived Jamie was not there and John did not know anything about the transaction. I explained, he gave me the unit; I enquired about the cable and left.

When I returned home and began the set- up I noticed I had received a Coaxial cable; totally useless for direct HD connectivity. Something about this transaction and lack of communication made me feel uneasy.

Having realized I had the wrong cable I called Jamie and left a message to that effect. John returned the call and much to my dismay tried to sell me the required Digital Optical cable for $99.00. One can be purchased online for a small fraction of that price. Long story short, I declined and asked John to have Jamie call.

Jamie having returned my call was quite rude, arguing, `It was my choice to shop at his store’ and that no audio equipment comes with cables! With that logic in mind, it’s my fault to have shopped at his store! Why bother with a cable if one is not included?!

In my experience, when it comes to Oakville Sight & Sound, they are not to be taken at face value. The only interest here seems to be your money, certainly not repeat business or customer satisfaction.

So much for, “Build a relationship first, and do business second.”

A.A. i.
A.A. i.

Purchase of a subwoofer followed by surround speakers

I was looking to get a decent qaulity home theater system for my newely finished basement. Being in oakville, I wanted to find someone who was local to me. Found Oakville S&S on the web.One visit to the store and I was able to get a feel for the stuff they carried. I had read up on the equipment I was looking for and was happy to find that they carried pretty much everything. What disappointed me a little bit was the knowledge these folks had about the products they carry. At the end of the day, I was able to get what I wanted and at a good price so I guess I should say I was satisfied but trust me, most of these HT sellers out there kow little bit about the intricacies of what goes into setting up a good quality system.

MA from Oakville
MA from Oakville

Electronics Equipment

Oakville Sight & Sound has always been fair and provided honest feedback /suggestions with regards to electronics equipment. They really know the products well.

More about Oakville Sight & Sound

From a simple home theatre setup, to complex whole home automation, Oakville Sight & Sound does it all. Book a free in-home consultation with us.