Merit Decorating Centre Ltd

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
700 College St Toronto ON M6G 1C1
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Retailers in Toronto  >  Merit Decorating Centre Ltd

Reviews for Merit Decorating Centre Ltd

marina in Toronto
marina in Toronto

Retail store

Merit is the convenience store of hardware stores. They have useful stuff you may need in a bind, but they're over priced.

I also used a painter they recommended who did a mediocre job at what ended up being top price.

AO in Toronto
AO in Toronto

Flooring installation

At the very end of a $85,000 reno job (done by our excellent contractor), we purchased marmoleum flooring from Merit and hired them to install it. They screwed it up completely. The material was badly cut, badly joined, and then improperly glued so that it started to bubble within the month. Throughout this nightmare, Merit tried to avoid any responsibility and to just patch it up in some ugly way. The only good thing I can say about Tony is that he didn't argue when I refused to pay anything more than the $1000 deposit I had already paid. I should have gotten my deposit back, honestly, but I had enough of being infuriated. Merit failed and I will never recommend their business.

Annex
Annex

Painting, Carpeting

Merit certainly knows their stuff. Tony is a wealth of knowledge. Wonderful paint store, great contractors for doing home improvements and just nice people to chat with! Highly recommended for bathroom renovations, carpeting, paint, tiling and I am sure a host of other talents we haven't come across yet!