Maple Leaf Tree Movers Ltd

Landscape Contractors & Designers
11311 Williams Rd Richmond BC V7A 1J2
Private User reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

MOVING NIGHTMARE!!!!

I moved December, 2015. I picked these movers because their contact "Mark" couldn't stop going on about how professional and wonderful this company was, and that the movers were all family, full-time, and had years experience. What a fairytale. He also said the move was insured.

I got three young men, one who barely spoke English and the other two not at all it appeared. They started by reading the address wrong and going to the wrong house. I had to physically go get them. I had two stops, the first my storage unit, then the residence I was moving to. I went through each room with the "leader" explaining what was to go to storage and the new place. The following was what ensued:

-they wrapped a piece of furniture with all my belongings inside, despite telling them to empty it first, resulting in me having to stand in the freezing weather in the dark and unwrap the piece and retrieve my belongings, resulting in many pieces being broken as I had to put them loose in a box in my car;

-they literally threw my contents into the unit with no care or organization skills, damaging and scratching many pieces such as expensive wood, patio, and office furniture;

-they damaged my $2,000 treadmill which to this day sits in pieces because it cannot be used, resulting in a quote of approx. $600.00 to fix it;

-they left contents on their truck ie. fitness equipment resulting in me searching for it. I had to pay my assembler for 2 visits because they did not bring it back until days later and only after I called them accusing them of having it;

-they caused marked damage at the previous residence

I held back $200.00 without prejudice at the end of the move until such time I could ascertain the level of damage to my contents. The movers proceeded to state that they would be "punished" by their employer and that it would be taken from their pay. When I tried to take it up with "Mark" his story about insurance changed, stating that now there was no insurance on the move or my damaged items. I threatened legal action and he stated that the owner would contact me on January 2, 2016. This failed to occur.

The owner finally contacted me but has not answered my callbacks or emails. It appears as if it is time to take it to the courts.

BEWARE THESE "MOVERS"!!!!!