Kiddiesworld Of Furniture

Allyson  in Oakville
Allyson in Oakville
12 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

furniture and stroller purchase

The selection at Kiddies World is great. Many makes and models.......however, the sales staff is right on top of you the minute you walk in the door. Prices were fairly competitive and they do have good sales.

al in the west end
al in the west end

daughters bedroom

My 3 year daughter selected a Stanley bedroom suite as her first "big kid bed" from a selection we presented to her. Placed an order with Kiddiesworld with the understanding the items were "always in stock" and should take approximately 3-4 weeks. My daughter got more and more excited as the weeks went on. We began calling the store weekly after the fourth week with promises it was on it's way and that this type of delay never happened. Unfortunately, the order was not ready for delivery until 8 weeks had passed and at that time I was informed part of the order was missing. I stated I did not want to accept a partial order because I had little faith in them to obtain the missing pieces in a timely manner if at all. Gave them another two weeks, which was the end of the month, to fulfill the order or stated I would have to cancel it. They called twice in a week once to say the item had shipped and once to set up delivery time. When the item was delivered it was still not the complete order. The delivery person was informed that this was not what was agreed. He then showed me their copy of the receipt with a note that said I would accept the order......I informed him that this was not on my copy nor did I sign off on any changes. I asked to speak to the owner to which he replied he was the owner. Turned out to be the owner's son. He then demanded full payment to which I said no as I do not have the complete order. He then continued to argue with me in front of my 3 year old and threatened to take the furniture away if it wasn't paid in full. My daughter was now in tears. A substantial deposit had already been paid! NOT GOOD BUSINESS! So as to not upset my daughter further I reluctantly agreed to pay the balance under the promise the missing part would arrive by the end of the month which was at the time 2 days away. This is important as I believe they forced the delivery on me. They knew the order was incomplete but still delivered it right before the end of the month so I wouldn't cancel it as I had previously informed them I would do. He also didn't understand what the problem was as these orders always take 8 to 10 weeks!?!?!? He did not care that his employee had stated at time of purchase it was likely 3 to 4. In addition the final part did not come until the 3rd of the following month and was damaged. I called and spoke with the pleasant salesperson and she "ordered" another part. I waited 10 weeks as that seemed to be sufficient enough time and called the salesperson back. She was surprised they hadn't sorted it out but would look into it. She called back and said it would be ready in 4 weeks.....sounds like it was never ordered in the first place! It did arrive in four weeks and finally everything is fine. I would suggest you shop elsewhere as all their products can be found in other stores. The owner/owner's son's behaviour was inexcusable. He was condescending, arrogant, rude and argumentative. Only cared about his money. The sales woman was very nice but didn't seem to have much control over anything besides taking the order and that just isn't even close to being enough to get us to go back.

Expectant Dad from North York
Expectant Dad from North York
1 review Moapa, NV

Dutailier furniture

If you are looking for a store with decent prices then you won't find any cheaper than Kiddie's world. We have been to many stores in the GTA and found that they have the lowest priced Dutailier furniture.

However, I must warn any one who does purchase a crib from there to ensure that the sales person you deal with enters the correct product code. If you aren't vigilant in this regard then you might get stuck in the same boat as us; three months after we placed our order, and three weeks before my wife's expected delivery date, we received the wrong crib.

So we had to decide to either wait at least a month for the more expensive crib we actually ordered and risk not having a place for our baby to sleep, or keep a cheaper crib we never ordered and don't really want.

If you can make sure that the people at Kiddies World do their job properly so as not to screw up your order and put you into a situation that might require any degree of customer service, then you should definitely check this store out.

Nas in Mississauga
Nas in Mississauga

Crib, crib bedding, dresser, change table, mobile, stuffed animals

We designed our baby's - daughter - room based on the items, especially the crib bedding, we purchased. We knew the sex of the baby but had not shared this information with anyone else, so we needed to look for neutral colours that would not give it away. The saleswoman was extremely helpful in helping us select a style and design. We had informed her that we intended to paint stripes matching the colours of the bedding. The style was taken from a baby magazine which we had shown the saleswoman, wherein the baby room had striped wallpaper matching the bedding. My husband and I are not big fans of wallpaper and decided to begin the tedious process of painting the stripes colour by colour throughout the room. As well, a big thank you must go to Benjamin Moore for matching and creating those colours based on the bedding we brought in to the store; and for providing ideas on how to go about beginning the project. After several trips back to the Benjamin Moore store on Mavis/Matheson to purchase more paint, brushes, tape, and get more advice, our project was complete. The baby room creation took longer than expected, but it was a 2 weeks well worth the hard work, when seeing the smile on our daughter's face. So really, this review should be for Kiddiesworld and Benjamin Moore, for which we say a big thank you from the 3 of us and another one on the way.

Joe from North York-161
Joe from North York-161

Baby Furniture and other needs

Kiddies World carries a variety of products in all price ranges. You can find anything you need for your child there. The staff, especially Nyla, is helpful and pleasant in assisting you in making your decision. She will not push the more expensive products on you just to make an extra buck, and is not afraid to steer you away from a product that she feels is inferior. The only complaint I have is in delivery. They promised us a particular date and then missed it. When they finally did make the delivery, they gave us a 5 hour window in the middle of the week to be home and would not commit to have the drivers call us before heading over to our house, so we could come home from work to meet them. In the end we lost half a days work becuase of their inflexibility with delivery. However, that is not enough to make me not go back. I will buy other baby needs from them as I go along.

Tania from Maple
Tania from Maple

Baby Nursery Furniture

From the moment I walked into the door, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was given great pricing, a feeling of genuine caring, and found the selection to be uncomparable to any other store in the GTA. The quality of the furniture is great, and Nyla is a wonderful help. I would recommend this store to anyone, and would definitely go back their again for baby #2.