General Paint - Coquitlam

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
2750 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam BC V3B 1B9
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Retailers in Coquitlam  >  General Paint - Coquitlam

Reviews for General Paint - Coquitlam

gord hicks from Coquitlam
gord hicks from Coquitlam
4 reviews Coquitlam, BC

basement

Our 4200 sq. ft. house when new was painted with paint from General.
On most of the door frames , baseboards and casing, the paint yellowed in just a few years. I went back to them and they said it was probably poor undercoating or priming of the wood, and contractors sometimes use lowest quality available. I believed them and bought their best white paint for my basement. All baseboards and mouldings were preprimed which you buy from the hardware store, and again the exact same problem occurred. It is a lot of work to repaint, but over the past few years and now using Cloverdale ( which many contractors seem to use ) the colour has stayed white. I even painted 1 moulding beside another with the 2 different brands and can see over time the result. Who wants to repaint again and again these areas that are very tedious. Hope this saves you time and money.

corinne from Coquitlam
corinne from Coquitlam
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

Kitchen Paint

These guys are AWESOME!
We were about to paint the kitchen and had a colour tone in mind. While talking to my brother (a contractor) about our plans and our budget, he mentioned that he had about 2 - 3 gallons of very high quality paint left over from a job that sounded like the right colour. He brought the paint over the following week and, sure enough, it looked very close to what we had in mind. We painted a test patch and left it to dry. In the morning, it appeared dirty, dull and muddy on the wall. Given our budget, we were a little disappointed in the result and in an effort to see if we could salvage the paint, we took it to General Paint in Coquitlam. The folks listened intently to my description of the colour we had hoped this would be. I used etherial words like "cleaner", "crisper", "more open". The guys opened the paint and took it behind the counter. I watched in absolute horror as they dumped in about 2 - 3 "estimated" cups of deep oxblood pigment and re-set the lid. While the paint was being blended, I regained my composure. They were offering this adjustment without charge, to someone who hadn't purchased the paint from them in the first place. We cautiously took the paint, bought some brushes and tarps, and decided to trust the experts. It was absolutely perfect! Oxblood ... are you kidding? Certainly it's not something that I would try - but we are thrilled that they knew what to do. Because of their knowledge and exceptional service, we have continued to use General Paint, never question their advice, and fully appreciate all of the expert tips they have provided over the years.

Yonatan Torn in Port coquitlam
Yonatan Torn in Port coquitlam
3 reviews PORT COQUITLAM, BC

House re-painting

We needed to do some repairs and new painting in our house, including outside and interior jobs. We were very happy with the unbelievable quality of paint, and good painting tools. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable.

Steph in Port coquitlam
Steph in Port coquitlam
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Paint

I had a really good experience with my local General Paint store the other day. I'm going to be a new homeowner and am looking to paint my new space. This store recently had a promotion that entitled me to a free can of paint. I redeemed my coupon and they kindly offered to let me wait to tint the paint until I have decided upon my entire colour palette and the colour scheme of the room. Their customer service was exceptional and I really appreciate how flexible and accomodating they were to my needs. Because of how they treated me I will go there again for my other future paint purchases.

C Guerin in Coquitlam
C Guerin in Coquitlam
4 reviews COQUITLAM, BC

Paint retail and tips

Whenever I go to the store to buy paint the people there are soooo helpful if you ask for it. Whether they're questions relating to technique or colour, they are great!!!

elizabeth in burnaby
elizabeth in burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

We were going to paint the upper portion of the interior of our house as a renovation project.

At General Paints we found the staff not as knowledgable as they are at other competitors. One staff produced the wrong color for us and then told us we had to purchase it anyway. Of course, we refused since it was not our error.

Staff at General paints are not necessarily trained in interior design and are not as helpful with color choices.

lori in port coquitlam
lori in port coquitlam
1 review Vancouver, BC

painted interior of house

the staff at general paint were very helpful in the selection and matching of colours
they suggested different types of equiptment to use as well as colours that blended together
I was pleased with the help and with the quality of the paint I purchased

leslie in port moody
leslie in port moody
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

painted outside of house

I had a board to match the colour and they were extremly helpful in matching also I had used stain in the past but the last time it was showing different tones and this was becasue of application and fading and they suggested the solid stain and showed us how to apply it properly and the house looks great.