East End Garden & Hardware Centre

Reviews for East End Garden & Hardware Centre

TW in Toronto
TW in Toronto

Christmas decorations/tree and delivery

right from the beginning our experience with East Ens Garden Centre has been wonderful. Year after year Nancy has done a wonderful job with what donating our Christmas tree. Then today .... There are times when unheralded customer service is forgivable…today is certainly not one of those times. Phil and Judy from East End Garden centre not only helped haul a 12’ tree into our upstairs media room, they held the tree in place while we replaced a broken stand – and then proceeded to spend more time helping me get the tree just right. All this, with the warmth and friendliness of an old friend. Need I say more? Customer for life.

chenyu1225cn in Toronto
chenyu1225cn in Toronto

Disappointment

I went to the srore with high hope to finish my graden project with proper stepping stones, just because some of my neighbors said wonderful things about them. However, it was very disappoint experience when I was in the store, the store was dark and messy, the old lady(she turns out to be the cashier) sitting outside the front door was really rude, when I was chosing the stone in the back yard, the guy wasn't helpful at all, he told me to buy a big piece and go home, it would be easy to cut it with a chisel. I did what he said and bought a chisel, but it was still difficult to cut, I called the store to return or change to small pieces, they wouldn't do it. I personally will not step in the srore again, and i will not recommand such poorly organized business to anybody. It is amazing it can exist for so long, too bad............

In regards to pathway and wall by simon

walked by the project. first of all they told me and showed me the GOOGLE EARTH image they pulled up for them to try and replicate. Only a frontal view, nothing else. On top of that he asked them to use the old bricks which were covered in glue from the previous wall. Not only did they manage to put it back together but they came back which most companies wouldnt. For what they were provided and what simon had told them, they did a spectacular job for what it was. Apparently the wife had come out anf said it was perfect and then they were called back. And part of the wall wasny glue because of the unsettled dirt which was clearly sinking and they had told simon that part wasnt to be glue because it must be relaid when the ground settles.

Simon in Leslieville
Simon in Leslieville

front walk and garden walls

Hired them to install paver front walk and garden walls . Part of the work was pretty poor-looking. To their credit, they came back and did a better job the second time. But: they again didn't follow direction on materials which meant I had to do some fixes myself, there were still some things left undone, and it took a lot of cals before they actually followed through on repeated broken 'guarantees' that someone would be there to fix it that week, the next day, etc. Even then, things that should have been done and that they said they'd finish were left undone and they supplied obviously mismatched materials at the very end, so I'll have to undo/redo/do some of the work myself. Overall, mostly good results in the end but spotty execution (variable quality workers, I think) and more hassle than it should have been.

Review has 2 previous versions

Seasonal decorating

Every Christmas and spring, I visit the garden centre because they have the best seasonal decor. Their Christmas trees, wreaths, reindeer, etc are so perfect for the season.

The also offer lots of grasses, mulch, flowers and plants to spruce up your house in the spring. They have things you can't find anywhere else.

Sophie Leslieville
Sophie Leslieville

Sod purchase

We purchased 2 day old sod from the east end garden centre. the lady told us that if we watered it daily, it would be fine. We followed her instructions to the letter and the sod died. We were not impressed with their product, nor their customer service.

N. Eaton in Toronto
N. Eaton in Toronto

Bought landscaping and vegetable plants

East End Garden Centre does have a great selection of very healthy plants. I like the quality of their plants compared with a big box store. I do think they overcharge to a certain extent (quality does cost more, but their prices are pretty high). For that reason, my penny pinching mom wouldn't be so keen on them. :P

Sherri
Sherri
25 reviews EAST YORK, ON

Remove sod, landscape with plants, add landscaping mulch

I had a bit of a disaster in the front yard - half-dead sod, plants that weren't doing well, and weeds, weeds, weeds. I called Judy at East End and she came up the next day to provide a quote. East End came back a few days later and removed the old yucky sod, then added new plants to some of the ones I had already, and then put down beautiful black cedar mulch. The effect was amazing - I've had so many compliments and I'm pretty pleased. I was so delighted that I called Judy again to do work in the back garden! They were fantastic - thanks Judy!

Sunshine
Sunshine

Garden plants

East end has a wide selection all summer and is a really good place to go at the end of summer for good prices on perennials. You can also get a good selection of the old style cell packs.

Lauren in the Beach
Lauren in the Beach

General Lanscaping on-going project

I have used East End Garden Centre on several occasions when working on our on-going lanscaping projects. There is always someone ready to help you and offer advice when requested. There prices are comparable to the big box stores, but East End's only drawback is that they don't have the type of inventory you would find at [other stores]. Overall though, whenever possible I would shop at East End for my lanscaping supplies.