Cook's Wallpaper & Paints

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
2672 Danforth Ave Toronto ON M4C 1L7
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Retailers in East York  >  Cook's Wallpaper & Paints

Reviews for Cook's Wallpaper & Paints

gottareachkd in Toronto
gottareachkd in Toronto

Knowledgeable and nice

A family owned business directly across from a big box store lasting this long has got to be a good sign!

We wanted to repaint all our interior rooms, and Tasha was fantastic.
Never tried to up sell, never rushed us to make decisions, and gave us lots of tips about choosing colours (and what to think about).

Reasonable prices for BM paints- would strongly recommend Cooke's.

Thank you so much!! We are always happy to help when we can, thanks for coming to our store - hope to help with more projects in the future!

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

Repainting Basement

My wife and I were repainting our basement walls & kitchen cupboards. We had a heck of a time properly re-working the cupboards since they were finished plywood, but with the help of Tom & all the employees at Cook's paints, we solved the problem, and learned some great tips! You can tell they are dedicated to customer service in there! Quite the contrary from the big box stores. We will definitely return for all our painting needs!

Thank you! Glad the project turned out well!
Looking forward to future projects to assist with :)

Stephanie from East York
Stephanie from East York
6 reviews East York, ON

Wallpapering

I consulted with Tasha at Cook's Wallpaper & Paints on the danforth about ordering and hanging wallpaper in my front entrance. Even though they did not have what I was looking for in their numerous books she called around and found it for me and ordered it from the UK! She took me, a novice at hanging wallpaper through the whole process step-by-step (and was very patient while I made notes) and she answered all of my many thousands of questions. Not only was she very knowledgable but she also offered to come and assist me after work if I ran into any problems, which took my anxiety level down so much and made me much more relaxed about the whole process. I would recommend Cook's Wallpaper & Paint to anyone! Thank you again Tasha!

Thanks Stephanie! Little delay in response - Sorry for that! You picked a beautiful wallpaper, your projects are always different and colourful!! You have fantastic design ideas :)

Girl in Markham
Girl in Markham
26 reviews Scarborough, ON

Painting

I love the selections they have. Plenty of different hues which helped me find the exact shade that I wanted. Very thankful that I visited this store after visiting other stores.

Thank you!!
Happy you found us! Glad we could help you find the right colour for your project!

carol in Scarborough
carol in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Bathroom

Cooks is amazing! They are absolutely tireless in helping you - will match anything, and are the go-to people for advice. Cooks is always our first stop when we need to paing.

Thank you so much!!! We will always try our best to help with any project if we can, happy you have included us in yours!!

patti craine in Toronto
patti craine in Toronto

purchase of paint and seeking advice

We love cooks paint on Danforth. We can walk in knowing nothing about the task that we are about to undertake, and walk out with the knowledge and skill to complete the job.
Painting seems like a simple task upfront, but I love the gentle prompting questions of the staff as they help you select exactly the paint that will work for the job.
My 16 year old son just had his first "painting his room' experience, and they were awesome with him. He went up on his own, chose some outrageous colours, had them mix glossy and flat and purchased tape and brushes etc. They were thoughtful and supportive... except that I think that they could have steered him out of the lime green, royal blue, red colour scheme!! :)

Aww!! I remember your son coming in, and the card you sent us after .. I'm sure his tastes have changed now that he's a little older, and has moms advice ;)

Sheilah in Toronto
Sheilah in Toronto
5 reviews East York, ON

Been using Cooks for years

I've been using Cook's for all my paint needs because of the knowledgeable staff and good advice. Only once did I encounter someone there who was less than pleasant & had the wrong information to boot, and one of the regulars immediately rushed from the back to give me the correct information.

helen stephenson in Toronto
helen stephenson in Toronto

18 years of painting and wall papering

Our family has only used Cook's Paints since we moved here 18 years ago (recommended by our next door neighbour)..always helpful, friendly and walk out the store with exactly what we want! thanks tom!
(and supporting staff, of course..you know that!)

You are always a pleasure to have in the store Helen!!
Thank you for your continued support!

dawn b
dawn b
1 review East York, ON

Complete House renovations

Always very reliable. Good service. Wide selection of paints, we have always gone to Cooks for many years any time we need to do any painting. We have recommended them to neighbours and everyone has been pleased.

bob in east york
bob in east york
4 reviews East York, ON

paint and colour selection for home reno

Tom is the owner of Cook's Paint on the Danforth. He is honest, informative and friendly. He always provides goood advice and never forgets a face. Also, there is always a plate of cookies to nibble on while you wait for your paint to be mixed.

More about Cook's Wallpaper & Paints

Family owned paint store, serving the area since 1949. Offering a full line of Benjamin Moore products, along with colour matching and stain matching expertise
Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Retailers pros in East York?