Au Lit Fine Linens

Reviews for Au Lit Fine Linens

Catherine in Old Toronto
Catherine in Old Toronto

Terrible customer service

Ordered a product online for free pick up at the store. When order was placed there was no indication where you tick the box for pick up at store, about who can pick up purchased product or when you could pick up purchased product. Received the email confirmation for purchased product and still no information on store pick up. In fact it had shipping info on the email confirmation. This prompted me to call the store. It was at this time that I was told I had to be the one to pick up the product, even though I told her my husband was going to be in Toronto 4 days later and could pick up the product and show them my credit card I used to purchase the item. I asked to speak to the supervisor who had no answer for why the customer was not given any information as to rules and regulations on store pick ups or why the confirmation email has no information about store pick ups either. She said another email(she had no idea when) would be sent out when the product was ready to be picked up. This woman was very arrogant and in no way helpful to me as a customer. I cancelled my order and asked if I could speak to the owner. I was told that the owner was not there, has no set schedule and does not take calls but I could email. I left my number for her to call me, lets see if she call????
I agree with other reviewers that not only is the Au Lit customer service terrible they have information that they should be sharing before the customer gives them their credit card details. Oh and one last thing I'd like to share, be very careful about the answers you get from their sales help, the first call I made to ask a question regarding king and jumbo king and I gave the 76" x 80" as the measurement for my king size bed the girl thought that was the size of a queen.

Avoid Au Lit

We purchased an entire set of linens for a new King Bed at Au Lit, the entire process was frustrating as the duvet & cover was far too small for the king bed and impractical (one person would always be uncovered by the duvet). The cover and duvet were about ~20% smaller than those sold to specifically fit a king bed at other stores. Our real issue is that the service we received on trying to problem solve was very arrogant, the staff simply refused admit any fault or even try and understand our problem or check our measurements, despite the photos we showed them off a hopelessly too small duvet any communication or attempt to resolve the issue has been hostile. After 3 visits trying to correct the problem we just went to a rival where the staff were knowledgeable and helpful, we ended up simply buying the entire set all over again, wasting thousands of dollars but we now love our new bed. STAY AWAY from Au Lit unless you enjoy being treated like inferior citizens and having your time wasted. Check multiple similar reviews on this establishment or on other forums.

Kate from Toronto
Kate from Toronto

Down duvet

I bought a king duvet AFTER being told it was returnable within a week. I came back because it was too big a week later and was told they never told me that and under no circumstances would they accommodate me. ALL 3 sales people were rude but the manager took the cake.

They are dishonest to close the sale.

Do not shop here

David in Mass. in
David in Mass. in

Once you go down you won't want to get up

I live in Massachusetts so i have never personally visited the store. All my purchases were made online. I must say that I am very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the mt tremblant down duvet and au lit pillows that I purchased and will definitely continue to shop at Au lit

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

bedroom linens

It took a long time to receive the products after ordering. Two years after purchase the items began to "pill". When I took the items back to the store they were accusatory and offered no assistance. At the price paid, items should last a much longer time. I would NEVER purchase anything from them.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

The people are DISHONEST, less than zero customer service

They just sold me $750 worth of pillows that don't fit the $500 sheets they sold me 9 months ago. The store manager is beyond rude and blamed me saying that I didn't specifically tell them that the sheets they sold me earlier were in a different size. I assure you they never told me anything or wouldn't have bought them.

These are VERY clearly deceptive, at best, practices. For a store that makes so much money selling a luxury product they should have stood by their products.

Be VERY careful is you still decide to buy products from these people.

VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Herein lies the problem with this sort of one-sided review: you've omitted two very important facts:

1. We are always very up front with our customers that all pillows + duvets are final sale for hygienic reasons. It's written on a sign at our counter, it’s on our receipts and we mention it verbally so there is 100% transparency. At no time were we dishonest or deceptive about our policy, which is in place to protect our customers.

2. When you brought back the pillows to return, you had written all over the labels with black marker, making them completely unsaleable.

Amy & Jeff in Toronto
Amy & Jeff in Toronto

Bedding

This is a beautiful store. The staff were very good in helping us to select a duvet and duvet cover that fit our needs perfectly. We are very pleased with the quality and it will likely last us for many years. The layout of the store is great and they offer a wide variety of very high quality items.

Margie In Downtown
Margie In Downtown
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

bath

AuLit has beautiful items in store but the staff should be trained in customer service. No one smiles or even acknowledges you as you look around. I brought my items to the cash where two clerks completely ignored me for several minutes. This is shoddy treatment. There are other comparable establishments that appreciate your business. I will shop elsewhere in the future.

ryan in lawrence and yonge
ryan in lawrence and yonge

purchased bedlinens

we were very pleased with the duvet that we purchased at au lit fine linens the ssles clerk was very helpful in showing me the various duvets and recommending the type of duvet suitable for our needs.she showed me the various weights and advised that the goose down was from canada .we had purchased several duvets in the past from different companies and were not happy.we paid more but it was worth it our new duvet is very light like sleeping under a cloud

iheartdesign
iheartdesign

Bed Sheets

My experience with Au Lit was unfortunately awful all due to service. On a number of occasions I have gone in to browse, and every time, have received the same standoff reception from the staff, leading me to wonder if I looked "second class". No one would help, they stand with their arms crossed - you'd think if you were spending $400 on a Duvet and then $400 on a duvet cover, you'd get a nice attitued - but oh god no.

I bought my duvet + duvet cover from them as I did love it, and the quality is beautiful. However, I refuse to go shop there again as the shopping experience made me feel lower than low.

Go in, but don't expect anyone to be nice.

More about Au Lit Fine Linens

Au Lit Fine Linens has stood for quality and expertise since 1981. Their linens are made of the finest Egyptian cotton woven in Europe and custom sewn for you at their atelier in Montreal.
Looking for Bedding & Linens pros in M4t?