Category :
Aire One
Hours:
8am-6pm + 24 Hours Emergency Service Available

AireOne (Aire One) Heating & Cooling

Company Profile The Company: Aire One Heating & Air Conditioning was established by a group of professionals with over 25 years experience in the Heating & Cooling business and has since been one of the leaders in the HVAC industry. We use the most advanced equipment in the world built for the ...

You Might Also Consider

CoreTemp Heating and Air

Our furnace was not lighting properly, the temp was plummeting, was currently at 61. We have 3 kids including a baby....

Mr. Honeyman from Toronto 1 Apr 17, 2014

Reviews for AireOne (Aire One) Heating & Cooling

Show:

Sep 24, 2013

Great Service. Miss communication on the salesman's part as the unit was to be installed on brackets as house was not graded. Service guys returned to the shop and picked up the brackets and covered the cost. Best Price and Best Warranty in the Durham Region after 2 months of thorough reviews and talking to about 20 different installers, settled on a York unit.

Sep 15, 2013, Guelph

I recently got several quotations for the replacement of my 13 year old defective builders grade furnace and air conditioner. Aire One came in several thousand dollars less that the other quotations and installed two days later. The installation team were polite and efficient. They had a very difficult time installing the new exhaust pipe over a finished California basement ceiling, however the completed this without making more than 2 holes and a minimum of mess. They took a long time to get the new pipe in, which put them behind in time, they left around 7pm. On checking the air conditioner we found that it was not lowering the temperature in the house. I called service and a technician came out the next day and fixed the problem (not enough coolant). I presume that the installers were running very late and did not have time to get more coolant. All works well now, the high efficiency furnace runs great and is very quiet, the air will have to wait until next year to get a good trial. Overall a good experience, a good price, a difficult install over 20 feet of finished ceiling.

Sep 13, 2013, Pickering

My Central AC was originally installed by Aire One by the first owners of the property. The unit is still under warranty as the documents say it has 10 years warranty. So I called them up to make an appointment to check why my AC is not cooling my house. When the technicians arrived, they first checked the outside AC unit. I asked if it was low on freon due to leak and they confirmed it was fine and nothing is wrong with it. So they proceeded to my basement and opened up my furnace/AC. They said that I need to replace my furnace motherboard that controls the AC blower. They mentioned that my AC was not cooling/blowing any cold air because the blower is not turning on when I turn on my AC on cooling. Note, they didn’t even use a multi-meter to confirm if the board is in fact faulty. They left after about 20 minutes and told me to make an appointment to replace the “Bad Control Module”. When I got a call back from their boss, he quoted $650 + taxes to replace the board and labour. He also mentioned that that part is not under warranty and only the compressor is. I was shocked how much it was as I already paid the diagnostic fee of $99+ taxes already. So I decided to wait and get a second opinion as I didn’t want to blow that much money. I had another company come by and they found out that the freon was leaking and blocked heating duct intakes(My Fault). They even checked the board with a multi-meter and confirm there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the control board.

Company Response:
Aire One thanks you for your feed back. It is unfortunate that you had difficulties with your air conditioner. Your air conditioner, just like your car, requires periodic preventative maintenance (please refer to your furnace owners manual). Manufactures suggest that maintenance should be done on an annual bases. If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact Austin at 416-460-5300

Aug 08, 2013, Kitchener

I read several of the negative reviews and sweated about my wife dealing with the service tech when he showed up. We called before 10am and had a same day appt between 2-5pm. Guy showed up at 4pm, was fast, friendly and professional. Replaced a part and had us back in cool air by 4:45. I would recommend this company if all their service techs are as good as the one we got.

Jul 09, 2013, Toronto

The two installers left one heck of a mess to clean i.e. - left their tools on top of the new HE washer/dryer - Dirty hand marks on the walls - Left door open and had to deal with flies/mosquitos - Used basement washroom window to bring in items and then used soap and my handtoweling for their own use - They had problems getting thermostat going & told me would have to replace line - Had to boot them out at 11 p.m. as they still were not finished with the work and in a.m. my husband replaced the batteries in the thermostat & turned on furnace switch...it worked. -Contacted Aire One and they sent Dave & Chris..They were fantastic and for my troubles received A/C Cover.

Mar 12, 2013, Scarborough

Worst company ever and I would never recommend. sales man very obliging till you sign the contract! These guys made a total mess of my basement ceiling, offered me a free cover for ac unit (big deal)! Never got it and when I called, they said it's up to the salesman, not the company. After 4 calls I was ignored ,they got their money so didn't care about me any more...I had four clients selling houses and required updated equipment! Guess what, I never recommended this outfit! Worst company ever,save your hard earned money and go elsewhere,,,,,,

Company Response:
Hello Theresa, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Aire One. We considers our customers to be the very heart of our company. We strive to keep them happy and comfortable in their homes. We have 24 hour service, 2 hour emergency service and we operate 7 days a week to serve our customers.

Feb 27, 2013, Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

We hired them to install a basement in-floor heating, main floor - in-floor heating, split unit air con, new (replacement) rads on 2nd floor and a humidifier system. This type of work is not typical of the work they do. They work mostly on forced air systems. Accordingly, this review is likely unusual for them I presume. In fact, our sales rep - Darren - as we later realized and became evident - had never done work on a hydronic system. This became very evident as I note below. Further, as he left the company, the ball was somewhat dropped on our job in terms of management. Eventually, it was completed. The owner - Mathew - came out to view the job in order to push along the work when our contact left. I would trust Mathew to ensure a job is completed. He appears to be someone who stands behind his word. We have since purchased a humidifier from Aire One. The price we paid for our job was competitive. It was on the lower sides of tenders but not unequaled. Estimates ranged from about $35,000 to $45,000 for our scope of work. The work was contracted out which resulted in some 'broken telephone'. There are some cold spots in the floor in key areas including in front of basement kitchen sink, bottom of basement stairs and one basement bathroom. These problems are not fixable due to the nature of in-floor heating. Our air conditioning (split unit on 2nd and main floor) work as expected. Aire One has a very large of products ie boilers, indirect water tanks, etc which was a factor in our decision to use them. Overall, I would recommend using them.

Feb 15, 2013

Our 4-1/2 year old furnace stopped working last week so we called Aire One. They are the ones who sold it to us and installed it. They were very busy and said they could not make it out until Saturday but the service call would be double because it was the weekend. We also told them that the flashing led indicated it was a pressure switch. The total cost was over $550. Not covered under our 5 year warranty. Beware . When dealing with these people it is better to ask what is not covered. We are very dissatisfied and will not be giving them our business when we install Central Air this spring

Company Response:
Thank you for your input. I am sorry for the late reply. Aire One is subject to the warranty rules of the manufactures. We try very hard to provide the very best service possible for our customer, but with over 120,000 customers in Ontario there can occasionally by some miscommunication, in the unlikely when this occurs Aire One does everything in its power to make things right.

Feb 14, 2013, Mississauga

I called AireOne to take a look at our furnace which had intermittent problems for the past several days. The technician flushed some plastic tubes and recommended to change the flame sensor. He quoted $243 in parts and labor to replace it on top of $99 for the service call. The technician already had the sensor in his truck. On the spot, I made a decision to go ahead with it, because I did not want to pay another $99 for one more visit. Later I found out that the part costs $30-$40 and 10-15 minutes of labor that it took to replace it could not be more than $50. I feel that I was overcharged, and after reading similar complaints from other people here, I would not recommend AireOne services.

Company Response:
Thank you for your input. We only install original manufacturer’s parts and not after market products. You may be able to find these parts on line, but you must remember that you have to pay shipping and handling and they must be installed by a licensed Gas technician according to Ontario law. . The 'service call' is what we call a diagnostic call. Our technicians charge a flat fee for this service whether it takes 20 min or 2 hours to find the problem. A job done properly is worth every penny and Aire One stands behind our products and service. As a thank you for your input, please call your local Aire One for $10 off our next visit.

Feb 02, 2013, Kitchener

Bought our house about 3 years ago and the furnace was a Lennox 5 years old. This winter we woke up to no heat on one of the coldest days. We called the # on the furnace as we had not needed furnace repairs before. Aire One was able to arrive by 2:30pm the same day as our call. The techicnian took about a 1/2 hour to diagnose the problem to a limiter switch. The furnace at this point was in pieces. He showed my husband the part and told him the price for the part was $470 dollars. We paid with hst $673 for the call and our furnace was working. We we're happy to be warm but then we got to thinking after looking at the part can this really be worth $470.00? After some research on the part we found that it was worth only $25.00. Shame on Aire One for taking advantage of customers who are in need. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Honesty will get you further! Just a note this response to our review came 9 months after the initial situation. Also when I said we did our research we went to several other license HVAC companies and with the old part in hand we checked pricing. All of the companies that we're consulted for estimate we're more than $200.00 lower than the price paid to Aire One. We will never use this company again. Since then we have done our research and have found we are not alone.

Company Response:
Thank you for letting us know about Aire One's quick response time. I am glad we could repair your furnace and get you back to being comfortable in your home. As far as the cost is concerned. We only install original manufacturer’s parts and not after market products. You may be able to find these parts on line, but you must remember that you have to pay shipping and handling and they must be installed by a licensed Gas technician according to Ontario law.

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!